Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Nice!
GM factory ground effects body kit, Borla ATAK catback exhaust, Airaid Cold air Intake, Airaid Throttle body spacer, Ported Throttle body, Hawk Performance HPS Brake pads, Baer drilled and slotted decelarotor's, Hotchkis strut tower brace, Heritage grill w/ Retro SS badge, Elite Engineering catch can, Unrestricted Motorsports Dovetail spoiler, Street Scene lower grille w/ inserts, Red Jewel interior door panels, steering wheel trim, & dash trim, Oracle Red Halos, & Staggered set of Hotchkis H-Sport wheels. Dynatech Headers & High Flow Cats:P
Chicadepueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
sdmbdad71

Drives: 2013 VR 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
sdmbdad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:38 AM   #17
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Gary's Customz made those up for me. I was going to get the ZL1 rockers locally until I saw his post with pics of the 1LE logo on them. They look awesomz. I'm eventually going to pop on the ZL1 bumper and wing to complete the look. Those parts will most likely come from Gary's Customz as well.

I've got this OCD sort of thing that usually turns installing a rocker panel into a full day project. Kind of goes like this: You gotta pop a wheel off to access the rocker screws easily. If I'm gonna jack up the car, might as well put it on stands. If I'm doing that, might as well change the oil. The wheel well liners look a little dirty, better pop those off and clean em. Toothbrush the brake calipers. Put a shine on the wheels. Take my shop lamp and go over every inch of the paint to make sure it's perfect before I start waxing it.

The rockers are on and there's only the rear end left to wax. I'll take him out and find a good place to snap some photos in the morning.

When I was searching for info about removing the rocker panels, every person who has done this before makes some sort of reference to this being a difficult project. A guy from C5 who posted a video on youtube recommends a second set of hands. Let me tell you that they are all wrong. If you have some body panel tools, it takes about 5 minutes to remove the panel. It's insanely easy to do. Replacing the heater core on a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34? That's my definition of difficult. Rocker panels are a cakewalk.

Here's the link to Gary's Customz thread where I found the rockers: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284865
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post
ZL1 rocker panels. You know, the ones that GM should have put on our cars. I'm just fixing their mistake.
C'mon Crand,

Don't be so harsh . How's the fun in the ZL1?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
Crand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Don't be so harsh
You don't want to know what I really think

The concept 1LE that you guys showed at SEMA was the desktop background on my computer for 6 months. I printed out a copy of it and wrote $10,000 on top of it then taped it to the door that leads into my car hole so every time I left for work, I'd remember to earn as much as possible in order to own this car. I was disappointed when I saw the production version didn't have the ZL1 rockers or ZL1 wing. The hash marks not being there didn't surprise me and I completely understand but the other parts make this a much meaner looking car.

Once I finished waxing this morning, I headed out to run some errands and snap some photos of the car. Every single person I came into contact with today commented on the car. EVERY person. A guy next to me at the gas station, the gas station clerk, my brother, his wife, my 3 year old niece, a barista at the Starbucks, some dude I parked next to at the Starbucks, a guy swapping out his battery at the store formerly known as Checker and the cashier at Checker carried out my oil just to get a closer look at it! I posted an ad on Craigslist because I was giving away a spare KA24DE from my Nissan Frontier and when the dude showed up for a FREE engine, the only thing he talked about was the Camaro.

I've owned this car for 6 months and from time to time people will compliment it but I've honestly received more compliments just today than the entire time I've owned it. I believe it was a mistake to produce the car without the ZL1 rocker panels and wing. If you were worried that it would look too close to the ZL1 then why not redesign the ZL1 parts for the 2014 refresh?

I'm not mad, bro. I just know what looks good and the car definitely looks better now.

Pics to follow...
Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post
You don't want to know what I really think

The concept 1LE that you guys showed at SEMA was the desktop background on my computer for 6 months. I printed out a copy of it and wrote $10,000 on top of it then taped it to the door that leads into my car hole so every time I left for work, I'd remember to earn as much as possible in order to own this car. I was disappointed when I saw the production version didn't have the ZL1 rockers or ZL1 wing. The hash marks not being there didn't surprise me and I completely understand but the other parts make this a much meaner looking car.

Once I finished waxing this morning, I headed out to run some errands and snap some photos of the car. Every single person I came into contact with today commented on the car. EVERY person. A guy next to me at the gas station, the gas station clerk, my brother, his wife, my 3 year old niece, a barista at the Starbucks, some dude I parked next to at the Starbucks, a guy swapping out his battery at the store formerly known as Checker and the cashier at Checker carried out my oil just to get a closer look at it! I posted an ad on Craigslist because I was giving away a spare KA24DE from my Nissan Frontier and when the dude showed up for a FREE engine, the only thing he talked about was the Camaro.

I've owned this car for 6 months and from time to time people will compliment it but I've honestly received more compliments just today than the entire time I've owned it. I believe it was a mistake to produce the car without the ZL1 rocker panels and wing. If you were worried that it would look too close to the ZL1 then why not redesign the ZL1 parts for the 2014 refresh?

I'm not mad, bro. I just know what looks good and the car definitely looks better now.

Pics to follow...
I was more upset about the ZL1 brakes and the magnetic ride going away. I totally understand why they didn't use it as it would have been hard for me to afford that version of a 1LE.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
Crand

Here they are! If you want to see them full-size, use these links:

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
Crand

Also, have a look at these. This is what happens when I clean the car. Does anybody else clean their car this intensely? I also cleaned the underside of the car. It's stupid. I obviously have nothing better to do.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #23
Murse

Drives: 2014 1LE (STORMTROOPER)
Wowza!
Murse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #24
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Dude, those rockers look awesome! I gotta get me some.

If you don't mind my asking, how much were they?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #25
SSCamaro1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Where did you order these rocker panels?
SSCamaro1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #26
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Those look good on your 1LE ! ! ! !

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #27
Viper32

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE Black on Black
Call Maureen she will hook you up for like 470.00 shipped..... No decal but painted and ready to install.....

Viper
Viper32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:41 AM   #28
DuskED13

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Special Edition Camaro
Damn that car is RED! Lol
Also those are the same rockers as mine!
I now want to put SS on them like the ZL1 is on yours

And did you take the Fender wells out to clean under neath them!?!?!
Bc even for me that's a little much.

Very nice looking car