Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Archias
Corvette Canine

Drives: Black 2008 Corvette M6
Lost another one! LATER!

Well its been a fun ride all. I picked up my Black SS just this past January and unfortunately I made a few mistakes in thinking what this car would be.

Firstly, I ordered the damn thing in automatic (the real deal killer :/), I thought the tapshifters were neat and would satisfy my need for shifting. Big mistake, I learned to hate the small buttons and chasing them around the wheel in a turn. Its just not the same.

Secondly, I am sorry but this car is just too damn bulky and heavy. Dont get me wrong, the looks are damn deadly but the feeling of driving a tank was really wearing down on me, especially with my love of spirited turn taking. I just dont feel it corners that well. Granted, I know its a muscle car, but still. I figured with its Corvette heritage it would handle a bit better than it does.

And lastly...its not a Corvette. I have always really wanted a Vette but grabbing a new one with any kind of equipment was just infeasible. So when I started looking to move out of the Camaro, I found a spectacular deal on a low milage '08 manual Corvette and couldnt pass it up. The Targa top also makes up for not ordering a sunroof the first go-round.

So the Camaro is on to greener pastures (hopefully, I dread seeing it again around Atlanta rollin' on 30"s and covered in chrome.)

And I am in the 'vette. Ill still be lurking about, but Id assume already few posts will dwindle to nothing.

so for now...

actual car below...ignore the thumb >_>

Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
B1G-AL

Drives: 09 Bullitt, 08 H3 Alpha, Ram SS/T
I went from a Corvette to the Camaro; they are a whole different car from exhaust note to handling and feel...the Vette is an exotic! Enjoy it, I hope to have another Corvette in the garage someday, they sure are amazing performance cars!