Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2014, 07:36 AM   #15
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
oh god a Tundra? First every real truck guy in the world will laugh at you. Take a look at any contractor or anyone who uses their truck for work, it is either a Silverado/Sierra, Ram, or F Series. Tundra's are jokes and their commercials trying to act like rugged american family men drive them make me sick.

This is like the most off the wall decision ever, hmm do I want an awesome legendary american muscle car, or some wannabe Jap truck?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #16
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
oh god a Tundra? First every real truck guy in the world will laugh at you. Take a look at any contractor or anyone who uses their truck for work, it is either a Silverado/Sierra, Ram, or F Series. Tundra's are jokes and their commercials trying to act like rugged american family men drive them make me sick.

This is like the most off the wall decision ever, hmm do I want an awesome legendary american muscle car, or some wannabe Jap truck?

Tundra offers a factory supercharger upgrade for the 5.7 which would smoke the sh** out of any stock truck you bring to the table. That'll probably make a lot of rugged american men sick too.

This Jap truck you call it is made in the USA. Alabama to be exact. No reason be ignorant or racist. American women and men built it. I'd say an American could be proud to drive it.
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #17
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
Get the camaro and a cheap, older tundra. I've always had a truck in my stable, but it's just that, a truck. Doesn't impress the ladies, can't do a "decent" burn out, get's crap for gas mileage, but get's the job done. My next truck is going to be old school. I don't tow anything anymore so I just need some cargo room for big items that need hauling.
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #18
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
WHAT THE ......

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #19
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Two different vehicles for two completely different purposes. No comparison. Only you have the answer as to what genre of vehicle fits your needs.
This! thread

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #20
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
we have tundras at work they are to big to drive in the city, but very nice on the hwy. my daily driver is a tacoma.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #21
garyw

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
This is one of those many threads that makes no sense to me.

First, you are contemplating the purchase of a "new" (to you) vehicle and seem to have your choice narrowed down to a sports car or a pickup truck. Any sane purchaser would not buy a Camaro if they really need a pickup. Likewise, they would never purchase a pickup if they really want a sports car. Apples and oranges, my friend. The choice should be simple unless you just have $30K+ to piss away on an extra vehicle. If it's more than that, ask yourself which do you NEED? I'm pretty sure you don't need a sports car... you just want one.

Secondly, you are on a Gen5 Camaro Forum and ask, "anybody drive either one?". Ummm, chances are most here have driven a Gen5 Camaro (I would guess 95%, minimum). Maybe not a 2012 or maybe not even a SS, but that's really kind of a dumb question (see... there is such a thing as a dumb question). In addition, of the thousands of C5 Members you are addressing here, chances are very few have driven a Tundra (I would guess 5%, maximum).

The real reason why I hate these kinds of nonsensical threads is: Look how much time you made me waste on replying to your question, and how much time other members have wasted reading my rant.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

If you were asking input to decide between a V6 or a V8 Gen5, or a coupe or a vert... it would all make sense. But since you are asking input to decide between an apple or an orange, suck it up and MAKE A FREAKIN' DECISION!!!
ditto, wth? a tundra or a camaro?
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #22
PDP_SS

Drives: 2013 SS
I have owned them both and loved them both I can't help you here cause if I could I would want both

455RWHP
PDP_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #23
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post

Tundra is built in san antonio tx and alabama dude. Lets try to keep the racail stuff out of it as well. I had a Tundra and loved it, did not like the silverado sierra ram or f150. If I had to downgrade to a gas truck again best believe it would be a Tundra 4x4 again. If he wants a camaro or a tundra that is his choice, im not going to suggest a mustang because they are faster, or a silverado bc i think they look better or whatever. He has a right to want what HE wants to drive.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLmanTN View Post
Tundra offers a factory supercharger upgrade for the 5.7 which would smoke the sh** out of any stock truck you bring to the table. That'll probably make a lot of rugged american men sick too.

This Jap truck you call it is made in the USA. Alabama to be exact. No reason be ignorant or racist. American women and men built it. I'd say an American could be proud to drive it.
+1 Well said.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #25
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
So the Tundra has to have an upgrade to a supercharger to smoke my 6.2l Silverado..... And since Toyota has a "factory" option for it , I suppose I'd be cheating if I were to install a supercharger on the Silverado for comparison...
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #26
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
Have you tried looking at an El camino?
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #27
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
This is one of those many threads that makes no sense to me.

First, you are contemplating the purchase of a "new" (to you) vehicle and seem to have your choice narrowed down to a sports car or a pickup truck. Any sane purchaser would not buy a Camaro if they really need a pickup. Likewise, they would never purchase a pickup if they really want a sports car. Apples and oranges, my friend. The choice should be simple unless you just have $30K+ to piss away on an extra vehicle. If it's more than that, ask yourself which do you NEED? I'm pretty sure you don't need a sports car... you just want one.

Secondly, you are on a Gen5 Camaro Forum and ask, "anybody drive either one?". Ummm, chances are most here have driven a Gen5 Camaro (I would guess 95%, minimum). Maybe not a 2012 or maybe not even a SS, but that's really kind of a dumb question (see... there is such a thing as a dumb question). In addition, of the thousands of C5 Members you are addressing here, chances are very few have driven a Tundra (I would guess 5%, maximum).

The real reason why I hate these kinds of nonsensical threads is: Look how much time you made me waste on replying to your question, and how much time other members have wasted reading my rant.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

If you were asking input to decide between a V6 or a V8 Gen5, or a coupe or a vert... it would all make sense. But since you are asking input to decide between an apple or an orange, suck it up and MAKE A FREAKIN' DECISION!!!
FTW!
I agree 1000%
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #28
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLmanTN View Post

Maybe Gibbs can lobby for one in NASCAR. Apparently their NA engines can't keep up there either.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote