Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
I wont use my windshield wipers cause it leaves that little arc across your windshield. I keep a microfiber towel and a spray bottle of water in the trunk for cleaning my window when Im parked. There's certain places I wont park, and certain places I wont go with this car. I have my own special parking spot at work, where its away from everything, and I park there every day. On April fools day, a co worker took my spot, just for the sake of taking it, to see if it would bother me. He succeeded. I had a lousy day, stressed all day long over who might park next to me, if it would get hit by rocks, etc etc..

It isn't just you. It's most all of us. No other car has ever done this to me. But no other car Ive ever owned has been as awe inspiring, and just such a joy to drive/look at. Only you can decide if its worth it. One things for certain, no one here at Camaro 5 will judge you. "My name is SS Fury, and I'm addicted. To My Car.."
Me too!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I haven't been as unlucky as you lately, but sometimes trouble just seems to pile up in one short period. Maybe it's all over for awhile. But keep enjoying your car, if it ends up not perfect, nobody will notice but you, so enjoy it like the rest of the world would if they could have your car, even with a ding!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
Obviously you shouldn't have a Camaro. Please give me your address and I will come and take it off your hands ASAP.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
tones8

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Ok so I've been a camaro fan since I was a little kid and my dad had a 1982 z/28 that we took to the track. I had a 95 camaro I call White Lightning that I sold once I found out about the concept. I since have picked up a sweet 2010 Camaro as a present to my self for making it through a police academy and through coaching in the 13th biggest city in the country. But here is my problem. I worry about this car more than I do about myself at work! Someone gave me a door ding at work that I recently paid $80 to have removed and every time I park some where I find my self making regular checks on my car to make sure no one has parked beside me and if they did if they parked enough away. People are telling me "it's just a car dude, let it go" but yesterday It was my day off and I was driving on 270 (a freeway) and as I was merging something off of a freaking semi truck came off and hit my car! I was praying that there was no dent but sure enough there is a little dent right infront of the passenger tire but right after the 3 fins, it rouined the rest of my day. This car is sweet but really stresses me out. Am I the only one like this? Or do I have a problem
I totally feel the same way. You bought that car with your own hard earned money, why wouldn't you want to take care of it... That's normal to me. I'd say you have a problem if you can throw down 25-50 grand for a nice new camaro and just let people dent your car without a care.
tones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I'm probably NOT the one to ask.............

BUT..........

My Camaros are everything to me......

Yes - I do get company vehicles - and while it makes me crazy to drive a dirty car - and while I hate to see nicks and dents - I find that I was MUCH more protective of "Thor" and "Thor V 2.0" - and now "Helios" -- even in GM's parking deck (with ridiculously narrow parking spaces) - I find that I park on the end of a row - where I can 'straddle' the line so that no one will hit the doors of 'handsome 'ol Helios' - It didn't bother me as much with the Tahoe or the SRX or the DTS or any other number of vehicles over the past years...

I used to park "Thor" and "Thor V 2.0" nearly on the top floor - next to a pillar - it was a regular parking spot next to a very wide Handicapped spot that no one ever uses - and this way I was pretty much assured that they would not get hit.

So yes - I think there are those of us out there that see our Camaros as our "Pride and Joy" (........or, in my case - my kids!......)

Tidbit:

I remember driving "Thor" on I-75 south of the Motor City one evening - this was before the new Camaro was in showrooms -- and horror of horrors, a Grand Cherokee kicked up a large piece of truck tread and propelled it into Thor's front fascia.

Thor immediately transformed and crushed the Grand Cherokee!!!

(...........ok, I made that last part up........

I was just sick - but when I got home, I got the polish out - and the black marks came off of his fascia - and get this: no scratches or nicks or anything...you could not tell it ever happened!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I feel your pain. This is mainly the reason why I have gone through over 40 cars in 22 years of driving. If it ain't as perfect as when it left the showroom, I lose interest. Perfectionist with OCD.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #21
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
If it is any consolation, it will get better with time. Like many here, mine is my daily driver, and one weak spot on the Camaro seems to be the paint (doesn't help that it is black, but I wouldn't trade that for anything.) So yes, it WILL get minor injuries, and I've resigned myself to a new paint job in 5 years or so anyway. Once you realize this, it becomes easier. What's the point of having it if you can't drive it - and if you drive it, this kind of thing WILL happen.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #22
white light

Drives: 2010 Camaro
[/QUOTE]"My name is SS Fury, and I'm addicted. To My Car.."[/QUOTE]

thats great
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
I have had the truck tread chucked at my car already too. I have only had it 2 months. I got that nausiating feeling in my stomach when it happen and I got mad shortly after and felt like I was on fire. When I got home I immediately buffed out the marks it left. I haven't had any issues since.

I too am concerned about where I leave my car. At work I park at the very end stall hugging the line on the one side. That leaves optimal space to stay away from other cars. At first I parked almost anywhere but I got a door ding within 3 weeks. I wasn't going to have that happen again. Haven't seen one since.

It is perfectly normal to be worried about your car.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #24
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I feel your pain. This is mainly the reason why I have gone through over 40 cars in 22 years of driving. If it ain't as perfect as when it left the showroom, I lose interest. Perfectionist with OCD.
dude, how many awesome cars do you own?!? Are all of those "toys" in your sig yours?
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #25
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
No you are not alone.

Barry Meguiar pinned a term, he called it/us "Car Crazy".

It fits and it's lots of FUN with lots of like minded people!

Welcome!

Oh, by the way it's usually a life time passion!

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #26
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
your definitely not alone, I am the same away. I cant eat in peace unless Im looking at my car through the restaurant window. When I wake up in the morning I go outside and make sure my babys in perfect condition and no1 has harmed her. ITS THE CAR
Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #27
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
the same here mines a dd i check it daily no probs yet
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #28
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
My wife dings my cars in the garage. How's that for care?
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote