Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Camaro on the dyno today in Concord, NC!

What a great day for a little road trip-clear, crisp, cool, dry morning. I took my car for a little ride down to Concord, in racing country. I had an appointment with 3SX Performance of Concord, NC who has an AWD dyno. The guy there is Chris Hill and he and the staff were super nice and knowledgeable. They specialize in high HP turbo Mitsubishis and Subarus but can dyno practically any car. This was their first 2010 Camaro on the dyno, so everyone was interested to watch the runs. They had much praise for the Camaro!

This is my first dyno run ever in any vehicle and I have to say it was quite a thrill. They got the car all set up and strapped down and I went into the computer room and watched through the glass. It was cool to see the hp and tq curves in real time. They also had an air/fuel ratio curve, which they said that the Camaro appears to run a little rich, but is probably like that from the factory. They started it up and I watched the initial baseline warm-up pull. I took some photos of the setup and videotaped the warmup run, but the batteries ran out after the initial run, so unfortunately I didn't capture the big pulls. That's why the engine isn't very loud. Believe me though, the 3 actual pulls were loud! My 3rd pull was the best. The dyno chart is attached and is measured in SAE HP and TQ. My numbers were:

378.3 RWHP
373.6 RWTQ

(dyno chart at bottom)

I wasn't too dissapointed. I was trying for 400 hp, but I know that's a longshot. Still, with the K&N CAI and Magnaflow cat-back, looks like an approximately 10-20 hp and tq gain over stock based on the numbers I've seen on here, so maybe 435-445 hp at the crank? not sure exactly. I'll throw on a set of headers this year and should get me close to that nice round 400 hp.

Weather was Clear, 60.8 F, 31% humidity, and 30.00 in Hg pressure.
Just about perfect conditions for the test.

I mentioned to Chris that I was from the Camaro5.com forum and told him I'd post the thread about the dyno to see if I can throw some business his way. He said he'd be up for a dyno day or 1/2 day dyno if there is enough interest in the area. They are not open on Saturdays though. But if people are interested that live in the area, let me know and we can set up a day, likely a Friday in the spring sometime. If we use the same dyno, then it will be interesting to compare #'s using the same dyno and same weather conditions. If we can get 5-10 cars, that would be great. Chris said we can get a discounted rate off the $90 for 3 pulls which is the normal pricing for the wideband graph.

If you haven't dynoed your car, you should, it's a blast! I'm curious to see what the car will dyno at during Camaro5fest.

The rest of my day was seeing some cool high-end and modified Corvettes, Camaros, Mopars, Vipers, Chevelles, you name it at a dealer in Concord who owns the car museum adjacent to Charlotte Motor Speedway. After that it was off to my mechanic to throw on the skip shift eliminator and then to the 3M rock guard place where next Saturday i'm getting rock guard on the front top portion of the hood, the side gills area and mirrors(~$250-$300).

Now I'm heading out to wash her off. It's been a great day

Here's the video, not too exciting though with just the warm-up!

Attached Images

VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....

Last edited by topgun1; 03-19-2010 at 02:01 PM.
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Nice numbers !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Nice numbers!

With a 15% drive train loss that is 445ish at the crank.

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
nice, those are good numbers!
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Nice numbers!

With a 15% drive train loss that is 445ish at the crank.

-Funk
great, thanks alot for that info and thanks to all for the good comments!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very good.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
awesome