Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Heater blowing cold air

So it was cold enough this morning to warrant me turning on the heat... or so I thought. With AC button off and temp knob all the way to the right car was blowing cold air.

Not sure if it is related but I had the PDIM replaced last week and this is the first time I've needed to use the heat in a little over a month. All other HVAC controls work, can change vents, turn AC on/off and such.

No smell of coolant? Didn't get a chance to check fuses or anything yet but will give that a shot on my lunch break.

Also, my bumper-to-bumper expires this Sunday... if I call in my appointment today (even if it is scheduled for after sunday) will it still be covered?

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
So it was cold enough this morning to warrant me turning on the heat... or so I thought. With AC button off and temp knob all the way to the right car was blowing cold air.

Not sure if it is related but I had the PDIM replaced last week and this is the first time I've needed to use the heat in a little over a month. All other HVAC controls work, can change vents, turn AC on/off and such.

No smell of coolant? Didn't get a chance to check fuses or anything yet but will give that a shot on my lunch break.

Also, my bumper-to-bumper expires this Sunday... if I call in my appointment today (even if it is scheduled for after sunday) will it still be covered?
Hello Scrapppy666,

I would definitely advise you to try to call your dealer and get in as soon as possible to avoid any issues. In the meantime please send me your full name, number, full address, VIN, current mileage and your dealer's information. That way I will make a record of your issue on your behalf.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Thanks, I made the appointment with my dealer that day and warranty wasn't an issue.

Later that day the control worked fine...

They checked all connections and programming. No problem was found as they couldn't replicate the issue.

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
kaseyb85
Keep Calm & Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Angry ME TOO!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post

Im in the same boat as you. it just stopped. no smell, no hot air, nothing. i think it could be the knob itself. im gonna swap it with my roommates bezel to see if itll work before i fork out $$$ to have it fixed.
kaseyb85 is offline   Reply With Quote