Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

View Poll Results: Click all that you may be intersted in purchasing
Driver side sub enclosure 16 69.57%
Passenger side sub enclosure 11 47.83%
12" Subwoofer 14 60.87%
10" Subwoofer 9 39.13%
Amplifier 16 69.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Group Buy - Custom Speaker Boxes, Amps, Subs (Updated post 25)

Hey guys.

A few of us got to talking about subwoofers, amps, boxes, etc. and adding to our stereo systems last night while out at Biffs.

Koolwhip and I ran over to Gus (from Custom Sounds) and spoke with him regarding a "group buy." This was mainly for subwoofer speaker boxes for the trunks of our Camaros. But, he mentioned doing a deal on speakers too. I'll get more in detail with him on that later.

He has not given me any pricing info as of yet, but said he'd get some #'s down on paper. I think he would rather want to see how many people are interested in doing this before going in on a group buy and giving out prices too soon.

However, he DID say he was more than happy to get a deal going with us on the boxes to start.

With that, I dropped off my custom subwoofer enclosure that one of Gus's employees, Brandon, made for my Camaro. All you guys out at Biffs have seen it and you know it's a pretty good quality box and sounds great. They are getting all the specs from that box to make more just like it.

*** That box was specially made for my JL W3 V2. Brandon said he could easily make the enclosure to fit other sizes of speakers (with larger magnets, mounting depths, etc), so we can ALL be covered. The box was mainly for the left side enclosure.

I want to get a right side enclusure made as well like Justin.

So, let's see how many folks out there are interested in getting the boxes made.

If you are interested in more than a box, post up and let me know. I'll compile the info and head back to Gus with the info (or just point him to this thread) and we'll see what we can do.

So far, I know these folks are interested....

Justin / Skooter
Koolwhip / Steve
Daryl (board name?)
Tag / ME!

Anyone else interested, POST UP! Let's get this group buy going!!!
Let us know what you want. Speakers, Amps, boxes, etc. Just toss in all the info.

(I would not worry too much about brand of speaker or amp at this point. This is mainly to gain interest in boxes. But, if enough people are interested in subs, maybe he can work a deal on a specific sub for all of us - same for amps).
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey Tag,

I my past experience, I personally have felt that 4 - 8" subs are much better and less "BOOMY" for tighter bass music, like classic rock.

Can you add 4 - 8" systems in or am I the only rocker?

I just hate when the car vibrates and the bass is muddy, maybe all my years of drum playing makes me long for a tight thud!

But I am in for a whole set like that. 2 boxes, one on each side, an amp to mount under the rear deck and speakers!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
CASTIG 2010SS

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS\RS
I wish you would have sent this out on Friday. I just bought a complete system from Steve at ********. Story of my life, a day late dollar short.
Good info anyway.
Thanks, TAG
CASTIG 2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Hey Guys! I'm fairly new to the site and am waiting for my 2SS IOM to arrive in a few weeks....I would be interested in getting a pair of subs, amp, and speakers...the whole nine yards...Keep me posted.

Rodney aka DAP-ONE
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Hey Doug, the specs on the subs I am looking at are as follows:

10" Alpine Type-X
8.5625" Mounting Depth (8-9/16")
7.15625" Magnet Diameter (7-5/32")

I tried calling them yesterday but the line was busy, and I'm not sure if they're open on sundays. I can get the subs for $208 a piece and I can get the amps (Alpine PDX-1.1000) for $499 a piece. If they can beat those prices, I'm sold.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Roger that.

PM me where you can get those prices (in case he asks).
Old 10-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Good ideal...I need to see where I'm at with money though so post up the prices or PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Mostly the side subs is what I'm interested in...but will look at the other items too.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yeah...I was mainly interested in the box for the passenger side.

Then Koolwhip said he wanted a drivers side box, sub, and amp.

Daryl said the same thing.

Well hell....how many others wanted in???

Justin said he wanted the subs, boxes, and amps....

dude....group buy???

So, talked to Gus and it was on.

I know...recap. But still.

I hope to get about 10 total to start with that are serious.

We have 5 SERIOUS that I know of and looks to be about 4 more according to the poll.

I'll see if we can get some prices and we'll go from there.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #9
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I am interested in more info for the sub system. I don't know which system to go with. Getting one is on my short list.

Would you folks tell us more information?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:34 AM   #10
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I am serious, if I can get 8". I guess that is a no go?

I may just build it myself. I had 4 - 8" in a closed box, hooked up to an Alpine System in one car with a 1200Watt Amp and it was PERFECT! Tight Bass!!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 AM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
PM sent
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 AM   #12
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
Good morning. I did not do the poll because I didn't want to give you a false tally... I am system illiterate, and have no clue what you guys are talking about really, but I would like to improve my sound system. And in case you are wondering, I am female, so maybe that tells you all you need to know.

So since I do want to consider improving the sound, the real deal breaker for me is the cost. From the other post it looks like it is definitely more than a grand, but would it be more than 2 grand? The money might make the difference for me, and of course the time frame that it would happen in.

Oh, and the fact that I am in Houston, would this be stuff we could get installed so it could be shipped? I know there is no specific pricing yet, I am just looking at ball park on the high side so I can make a decision and let you know if I might be in or not.

Thanks!!!
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #13
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Tag:

I did the poll, just so you know I am one of the ones ni the poll as of now. I selected Driver/Pass./Amp/12" sub. I recall you saying something about a 10" sub on the Pass. side.? I am in for both sides and the amp.

Let me know when I can give Gus a call to get it done. I obviously want to wait until we get the prices.

Let me know if you need any help.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hey guys.

A few of us got to talking about subwoofers, amps, boxes, etc. and adding to our stereo systems last night while out at Biffs.

Koolwhip and I ran over to Gus (from Custom Sounds) and spoke with him regarding a "group buy." This was mainly for subwoofer speaker boxes for the trunks of our Camaros. But, he mentioned doing a deal on speakers too. I'll get more in detail with him on that later.

He has not given me any pricing info as of yet, but said he'd get some #'s down on paper. I think he would rather want to see how many people are interested in doing this before going in on a group buy and giving out prices too soon.

However, he DID say he was more than happy to get a deal going with us on the boxes to start.

With that, I dropped off my custom subwoofer enclosure that one of Gus's employees, Brandon, made for my Camaro. All you guys out at Biffs have seen it and you know it's a pretty good quality box and sounds great. They are getting all the specs from that box to make more just like it.

*** That box was specially made for my JL W3 V2. Brandon said he could easily make the enclosure to fit other sizes of speakers (with larger magnets, mounting depths, etc), so we can ALL be covered. The box was mainly for the left side enclosure.

I want to get a right side enclusure made as well like Justin.

So, let's see how many folks out there are interested in getting the boxes made.

If you are interested in more than a box, post up and let me know. I'll compile the info and head back to Gus with the info (or just point him to this thread) and we'll see what we can do.

So far, I know these folks are interested....

Justin / Skooter
Koolwhip / Steve
Daryl (board name?)
Tag / ME!

Anyone else interested, POST UP! Let's get this group buy going!!!
Let us know what you want. Speakers, Amps, boxes, etc. Just toss in all the info.

(I would not worry too much about brand of speaker or amp at this point. This is mainly to gain interest in boxes. But, if enough people are interested in subs, maybe he can work a deal on a specific sub for all of us - same for amps).
Old 10-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #14
Holis

Drives: 2014 2SS Convertible
Im actually ordering from Custom Sounds in Austin later this month (going with JL 12W3 and JL 500)

Last edited by Holis; 10-05-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Holis is offline   Reply With Quote