Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Eating 5-6 well proportioned meals a day is the way to go. It helps keep your blood sugar steady and helps control cravings.

Except today... I am pigging out lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Bet THAT!!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Quote:
I am cooking today. 22 pound turkey, 8 pound ham, mashed taters, stuffing with spicy sausage mixed in, Asparagus, peas, biscuits, and lots of other stuff. I am feeling stressed, so it will all be gone tonight.

Oh by the way, wife made peppermint cheescake, lemon pie and smores bars.

Good thing Santa brought me a GoPro Hero 3 for my bike and a certificate that no food has calories on Christmas!

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #18
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Thought this was a weight loss thread, lol
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #19
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Thought this was a weight loss thread, lol
Haha I guess you don't know me very well. Invite me to a thread and it will not stay on topic I promise you lol haha
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
11BEE
11 BEE

Well in the spirit of weight loss, I may be cooking for a small army, but I will be riding 15 miles in about 1 hour. That should be a good 1200 calories burned.

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 12-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #21
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
OK, I'm new on here but love my new camaro. Anyway, our whole family wanted to get back into shape and start eating healthy. I was at 236lbs in may and now down to 206lbs. My wife dropped off 40lbs herself and is fitting into the same jeans as our 16yr old daughter so she is tickled. Our twin girls also lost some weight. Conner was up to 150 and down to 139, our other daughter has Cerebral Palsy and she was up to 140lbs and is now at 120lbs. When we took her to her annual CP doctor visit he was pleasantly surprised. Hunter with CP can't exercise so it really shows how well the life style change we made works.

All we did was go plant strong and followed the Engine 2 Diet and watched "Forks Over Knives" video. We have been getting all our meal planning out of the Engine 2 Diet book, The Happy Herbivore and one other one that I can't remember. All the meals are really tasty and very filling. We also eat as much as we want and have left overs for lunch the next day or two. Ever since we started eating this way we have more energy, sleep better at night, don't get the usual afternoon crash either.

We just found it amazing on how much better we feel and the weight we have lost and kept it off just by changing our diet to an all plant based one. If anyone is interested just check out Engine 2 Diet and Forks Over Knives.

I have been reading a ton on here and learning all the great mods to accomplish. Once the bank account builds back up I'll have to start in on some.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
I'm only about 188lbs @ 5' 10" but looking to lose maybe 10lbs of fat and just started working out again(free weights mainly). Looking to replace the mid section softness and replace with about 15-18lbs of upper body muscle that I lost after my deployment.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
11BEE
11 BEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
OK, I'm new on here but love my new camaro. Anyway, our whole family wanted to get back into shape and start eating healthy. I was at 236lbs in may and now down to 206lbs. My wife dropped off 40lbs herself and is fitting into the same jeans as our 16yr old daughter so she is tickled. Our twin girls also lost some weight. Conner was up to 150 and down to 139, our other daughter has Cerebral Palsy and she was up to 140lbs and is now at 120lbs. When we took her to her annual CP doctor visit he was pleasantly surprised. Hunter with CP can't exercise so it really shows how well the life style change we made works.

All we did was go plant strong and followed the Engine 2 Diet and watched "Forks Over Knives" video. We have been getting all our meal planning out of the Engine 2 Diet book, The Happy Herbivore and one other one that I can't remember. All the meals are really tasty and very filling. We also eat as much as we want and have left overs for lunch the next day or two. Ever since we started eating this way we have more energy, sleep better at night, don't get the usual afternoon crash either.

We just found it amazing on how much better we feel and the weight we have lost and kept it off just by changing our diet to an all plant based one. If anyone is interested just check out Engine 2 Diet and Forks Over Knives.

I have been reading a ton on here and learning all the great mods to accomplish. Once the bank account builds back up I'll have to start in on some.
Great story and progress, and you and your wife should be commended for setting a great example.

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #24
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Okay, I'm back. My body changes hardly show up on the scales so I don't look at it that way. I can just tell by how my clothes fit or the sizes of clothes I wear..................and how much of a tummy I have. Right now I am down a a size from last year & the tummy is less, but over the last couple of months...........the tummy is returning a bit. I lost my dance/exercise class when they changed the time to a toms I can not go. I HAVE to find me a new class. That is goal #1. Then continue the progress. Lose the tummy, tone up & maintain.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #25
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Freshman year of college I played soccer and weighed 165. Sophmore year was a tragic year with the passing of my mom and since then I have gained 40lbs in 4 years. I always tried to eat healthy and even signed up for a gym but that always lasts about 2 days. I even tried to do insanity and do like the first 3 workouts and then I just stop. I want to lose weight but I never have any motivation ever. I would like to maybe lose 20-25lbs within the year but honestly with how my motivation is I don't think that will ever happen :/. I am suppose to go on vacation the second week in Jan and ever since this past Oct I wanted to try and slim down but yet again my lack of motivation kicked in. Does anyone know how I can get my motivation back up?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I've gained 22 lbs in the last 2 months. I will get back on track after new years. Let's eat, drink, be merry today....and tomorrow we diet.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #27
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
Over the last year I have lurked in the thread while posting some, but I was not as active as I should have been. I want to thank everyone who posted there and proudly announce you helped me reach a total loss of 89 pounds over the course of the year. At 44 years old it is hard to change habits. Eating less and moving more were foreign to me, but that is how I reached my goal. I am not finished yet, but the thread in 2012 really motivated me.

Adamz has challenged a new thread to be started, so here it is.

This year my goal is to loose another 30 pounds, 2 more pant sizes and to ride 5000 miles on my bike. By starting this thread you have my commitment to be more involved and to reach my goal.

Give us a little back ground about yourself, where you are and where you want to be!
89lbs is pretty darn awesome in my book! Major respect! Those are some awesome goals! Can't wait to see you contribute more, and watch you strive towards your goals and set new ones!

Quote:
90 lbs is pretty legit congrats.

Alright I am pretty well known here for my crazy comments and uniqueness I believe. I have always been very athletic, fit, and confident. Graduated the police academy at 175 lbs with a nice 8 pac, I could run without ever needing to stop, did a 15 mile run once a week in the academy with no problems. A year ago something personal happened which killed any motivation I had to get up and keep working out. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Currently I am 22 5'10 215 lbs. My current job I sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing except eat snacks throughout my 3rd shifts. I also work 24/7/365 which is very hard. All that while still being a full time student. I am a very confident person until I think about my weight. I feel disgusting when I look in the mirror. I feel I do not look good enough for my beautiful girlfriend. This year I would like to get back to my happy self at 175 lbs and be able to run my 15 miles again without issue. Right now I fear I am on a deadly path and that needs to change. So this year my goal is 40 lbs.
Adam! Those are great goals! Its not about finding time, its about making time. I work full time and go to night classes as well. Finally I just had to give in and do the very thing I hated, getting up early. I get up at 4am to be at the gym at 5am before work. It sucks, but when work and school are over at night I can spend the rest of my day relaxing with my husband! And your diet is key as well. I snack alot at work but my desk is filled with only healthy snacks like almonds, prunes, popcorn, and carrots with peanut butter. Can't wiat to see you reach your goal, you are young and strong you can do it! And once you get there you can set new goals. Its a lifestyle, not a destination.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #28
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post

45 Years YOUNG is right! Congratulations on the weight loss. I still struggle with over eating due to stress. When I get stressed I eat, you at least have the better end of that deal. I know you can turn that weight loss into a positive. Good luck on the divorce.
Normally, I'm one to run straight to Ben and Jerry when I'm stressed, but this is a different stress from anything I've ever experienced... Even when I do eat, I'm sick within a couple of hours. About a year ago, I thought it was something physical, had a complete workup at the doctor, and everything was disgustingly normal. I'm trying to keep in mind that the weight loss is a silver lining.