Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Heartbeat vs. New Edelbrock E Force

So after reading a very nice write up on the new Heartbeat Maggie, I find myself looking at the Heartbeat and the "NEW" style E Force and I do not see much difference in the design of the two. I'm sure I'm missing something. However, I leave it to you FI experts...what's the difference? I know in the original E Force design there was talk of heat soak, and the previous generation of Maggie had a shaft that drove a belt in the back of the supercharger, but has anyone done a comparison side by side or seen dyno numbers between the two? Just curious. Still polishing some pennies up to go FI and always curious.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #2
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
No comparison. Heartbeat is a way better blower. Better intercooler bricks and less heat soak. But for the money the lsa supercharger kit is a the best deal. I wanted a heartbeat but went lsa instead. Looks great and makes awesome power and gobs of torque at low rpm. Could not be happier. I personally would not even look at the e-force. I would save yourself the money and use it for other mods that will go along with it. Check out lsaconversion.com. complete kit is around $4600. Hard to beat that deal. Just my .02!
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

Drives: 2014 LSX Camaro
Heartbeat, hands down. People are pushing over 800 whp with them and additional mods.
LSXBumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:46 AM   #4
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Agreed with the guys above. If your looking to go FI and your on a budget. LsA is a great contender.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
So what are the real differences? I understand that the heartbeat blower is a great new product, but the new e force design seems very similar.

dynosteve, my ultimate goal is 500rwhp with a L99. If I get a few extra hp that's just icing on the cake, but I want to break the 500rwhp mark. What are some of the benefits of and drawbacks of each system?
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

Design, intercooler is different, heat exchanger is different, the question is what isn't different. The only thing that's the same is the fact it's a 2.3 Eaton rotor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

You will make at least 500 on the LSA with an intake.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #8
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
LSA blower would be great.

Some day
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #9
BigD6.6

Drives: 16 GMC Denali Dmax, 14 1LE, 10 SS
The LSA is a good budget blower but it is smaller, 1.9 versus 2.3 Not that you cant make awesome power with it. But the question here is E-Force or HeartBeat.
The HB is hands down a superior product, the E-Force isn't new, just updated, new lid but still the same old Heavy heat sink. The only thing that is similar is the rotors as stated earlier.
Besides a superior product, Magnuson's customer service is 2nd to none, call them both with questions and you will see.
BigD6.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #10
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

You will make more power substantially with the Heartbeat and safer, there are known issues with the e force

Old 08-11-2015, 11:17 PM   #11
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Whats your budget looking like? My Heartbeat made a bit over 500 at the wheels on a otherwise stock car. Obviously that didn't last long...Lol. Now ill be pulling my motor/ Upgrading Fuel system and pushing the beat to the limit (1k Range at the crank)...
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:51 AM   #12
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I installed a Heartbeat and Edelbrock last month for different customers. IMO the Heartbeat is a better product and it made more power comparing very similar set ups.
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:49 AM   #13
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Whats your budget looking like? My Heartbeat made a bit over 500 at the wheels on a otherwise stock car. Obviously that didn't last long...Lol. Now ill be pulling my motor/ Upgrading Fuel system and pushing the beat to the limit (1k Range at the crank)...
Not saying you can't make a thousand at the crank, but I think you might have trouble spinning the HB fast enough to blow that much air. You don't have the rear overdrive options available like the jackshaft Maggies. Best of luck on your quest though
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #14
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I've had the Edelbrock E-Force S/C on my SS since Sept. 2010 and 34K miles and never had a problem with stock pullies. See sig for additional mods and power numbers. I don't race it, so heat sink isn't a problem either.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote