Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #323
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Might want to ask #3 in his thread as he may not read this one but I thought the BA system sounded pretty darn good. Maybe some of the other people who have heard it can chime in (gtahvit, RT21...?). I didn't pump the volume (I was at the auto show) but it was definitely above my current stock (upgraded Bose) system and my previous aftermarket system. If you want a better stereo than normal you're probably best off getting the package. But if you want an amazing system, you're probably best going aftermarket. But again, I didn't spend tons of time with the stereo doing comparisons or anything so just take it as this man's opinion.
I read that changing the stereo in this car was going to be just short of a nightmare because of it's configuration and what's necessary as far as taking apart the dash, etc. The BA should be a hell of a head unit to begin with. IF in the long run you believe it lacks sufficient power, I suggest you do what I did with the Blaupunkt in the GTO, leave it, split the channels, change the speakers and add amps in the trunk. I put Alpines in the doors and rear quarters, Kicker 8" subs in the rear deck along with a single channel amp to run them and a V12 amp to run the others. Did 88% of what I wanted it to do without tearing apart half the dash to do it.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #324
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
A little better look for those that haven't seen it

2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #325
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I read that changing the stereo in this car was going to be just short of a nightmare because of it's configuration and what's necessary as far as taking apart the dash, etc. The BA should be a hell of a head unit to begin with. IF in the long run you believe it lacks sufficient power, I suggest you do what I did with the Blaupunkt in the GTO, leave it, split the channels, change the speakers and add amps in the trunk. I put Alpines in the doors and rear quarters, Kicker 8" subs in the rear deck along with a single channel amp to run them and a V12 amp to run the others. Did 88% of what I wanted it to do without tearing apart half the dash to do it.
I'm fairly certain the BA deck is the same as the base deck... just the BA stereo adds an amp and better speakers.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #326
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I'm fairly certain the BA deck is the same as the base deck... just the BA stereo adds an amp and better speakers.
That's ridiculous. You can't start with crap (which 99% of GM/Delco radios are) and add anything to it to really make it right; crisp, clear, defined... If they aren't starting off with a quality head unit, then I may just go the route of tearing the dash apart to change it.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #327
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
That's ridiculous. You can't start with crap (which 99% of GM/Delco radios are) and add anything to it to really make it right; crisp, clear, defined... If they aren't starting off with a quality head unit, then I may just go the route of tearing the dash apart to change it.
You'll have to decide for yourself if it's a quality head unit. It sounded good (in my limited experience) to me. I didn't mean that the BA had a down-level unit but that both have a good deck just the BA has better speakers. I'm sure it has preamp outputs since the BA system comes with an amp. Who knows if it's even Delphi (although it probably is)? And in today's digital world, are decks really that different? I'm not really an audiophile so maybe that's just me...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #328
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I suggest you get the RS, i know it seems unreasonable because you basically have all of that on your SS anyways,, but they really sold me on the option yesterday. The HIDS are just amazing, he explained them in detail. But then agian, it might just be unnecessary. It is necessary on the v6s though
Good Luck with your decision Supermans,
Bobby, you should ask UCF, or try to hear it in person, you might love it, you might think the same as me
I don't care how amazing the HID's are, they are not a good deal if you are ordering an SS, plain and simple since the SS already comes with the spoiler and the price is about the same. The SS headlights are like Bumblebee's and look better in my opinion (more of a classic muscle car look). On the other hand it makes a huge difference to V6 owners in appearance and is highly recommended even though adding just the spoiler would be cheaper and I actually like the lights and wheel colors to be standard...

The Boston Acoustics upgrade option is probably not a good idea as an upgrade on the 1SS at this point in time since those that have heard it so far are not saying anything positive about it. No one has said so far "The sound is amazing" etc.. And all who have listened to it are enthusiasts who are very excited about the car and wouldn't make something up (unless they worked for GM and have no choice but to praise it to no end or stay quiet about it) In either case, I will be changing my order to a 1SS cyber grey with the polished aluminum wheels upgrade instead. In a year or so I will upgrade the sound to some American made speakers and ones I can listen to and compare.

If I am totally wrong about listening to my gut instinct on this one from the people who have heard the B&A's sound and their comments, then I apologize to GM.. However if ABL was the way that it should be, then I wouldn't care if the B&A was not top notch quality..

Just by looking at this rendering below, I will be thinking every time I see those doors how nice it would be if the light travels across the dash..I simply cannot and do not want that thought..So if there is no ABL across the dash, it is a no go and a deal breaker for me.. IF GM says they are working on it still and will install it free of charge later on when they do get it working, even if the company goes bankrupt, then I would change my order tomorrow..
Old 03-05-2009, 03:41 AM   #329
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's done that deliberately for this topic

PS - he's never behind

My lack of smileys threw a few people, I'm sure. 12 pages...and I just REALLY didn't want to post. Never post when your angry, right! ...well...It took me a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
A little better look for those that haven't seen it

Hey...something is missing here....I just can't pick it out...

Hmmmmmmmm.........
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #330
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
The Boston Acoustics upgrade option is probably not a good idea as an upgrade on the 1SS at this point in time since those that have heard it so far are not saying anything positive about it. No one has said so far "The sound is amazing" etc.. And all who have listened to it are enthusiasts who are very excited about the car and wouldn't make something up (unless they worked for GM and have no choice but to praise it to no end or stay quiet about it) In either case, I will be changing my order to a 1SS cyber grey with the polished aluminum wheels upgrade instead. In a year or so I will upgrade the sound to some American made speakers and ones I can listen to and compare.

If I am totally wrong about listening to my gut instinct on this one from the people who have heard the B&A's sound and their comments, then I apologize to GM.. However if ABL was the way that it should be, then I wouldn't care if the B&A was not top notch quality..
I'm not an audiophile and I know how picky people can be about their audio systems... that's the only reason I have stopped short of calling the BA system "amazing". Also, I haven't heard the base system so I don't have much to compare it on other than my current and previous vehicles as well as friends' cars. With that said, it was one of, if not the, best system in a car I've ever listened to. I really wish some of the other people who've heard it would chime in though. So far only TJ and myself have in this thread and neither of us really had the chance to play with it fully and pump the volume or anything of the sort.

Last edited by UCF w00t; 03-05-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #331
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

My lack of smileys threw a few people, I'm sure. 12 pages...and I just REALLY didn't want to post. Never post when your angry, right! ...well...It took me a while.

Hmmmmmmmm.........
I totally understand Tag. Did you see my first post in this. I was speechless! -----v

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Well F...
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #332
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Hmmmmmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I don't care how amazing the HID's are, they are not a good deal if you are ordering an SS, plain and simple since the SS already comes with the spoiler and the price is about the same. The SS headlights are like Bumblebee's and look better in my opinion (more of a classic muscle car look). On the other hand it makes a huge difference to V6 owners in appearance and is highly recommended even though adding just the spoiler would be cheaper and I actually like the lights and wheel colors to be standard...

Just by looking at this rendering below, I will be thinking every time I see those doors how nice it would be if the light travels across the dash..I simply cannot and do not want that thought..So if there is no ABL across the dash, it is a no go and a deal breaker for me.. IF GM says they are working on it still and will install it free of charge later on when they do get it working, even if the company goes bankrupt, then I would change my order tomorrow..
I won't go so far as saying it's a deal breaker in my case, but I'm pretty disappointed too, like most everyone else. It'd be nice, and worth it to add it later after it's all squared away, but I certainly don't want something that's not ready. 2SS trim is starting to look less and less worth it and a trip to an upholsterer is looking like a better deal. That's just me...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #333
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Getting it Right

If......now just say if.......say if GM managed to get the complete package 100% flawless, which can never happen due to human nature to be subjective, opinionated, personal, pickey.....just down right finicky!.... would we be happy with the Camaro as it is??? You all know the answer is no. Everybody wants something that just isn't due to the right reasons. I think GM has explained why the ABL was not completely wrapped around the dash! If our beloved engineers, designers, testers, QA, and final users worked to get her perfect we would all be waiting even still! Waiting to hear of a final release date.

Common people, give it a break.Let's be happy that one of the only items we can pick on is not one of the best power delivery plants out there for the Money !!! I am so happy to have a shot at owning one of these babies!!!!

:chev y:
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #334
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a question, not sure if its been answered. But if you have the Inferno Orange interior... is the ABL still blue... I'm not 100% sure but I thought I read somewhere it would be orange?

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #335
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
I have a question, not sure if its been answered. But if you have the Inferno Orange interior... is the ABL still blue... I'm not 100% sure but I thought I read somewhere it would be orange?
It will be reddish/orange
Old 04-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #336
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
If......now just say if.......say if GM managed to get the complete package 100% flawless, which can never happen due to human nature to be subjective, opinionated, personal, pickey.....just down right finicky!.... would we be happy with the Camaro as it is??? You all know the answer is no. Everybody wants something that just isn't due to the right reasons. I think GM has explained why the ABL was not completely wrapped around the dash! If our beloved engineers, designers, testers, QA, and final users worked to get her perfect we would all be waiting even still! Waiting to hear of a final release date.

Common people, give it a break.Let's be happy that one of the only items we can pick on is not one of the best power delivery plants out there for the Money !!! I am so happy to have a shot at owning one of these babies!!!!

:chev y:

I think everybody (until now) has let the ABL go now that we know what
were getting. For the most part the ABL threads have been gone.

Wait a minute, I know whats going on, stirring the pot a little arent ya.

Closed Thread