Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: Which orange color would you rather be able to order on the Camaro.
Hugger Orange 98 61.25%
Inferno Orange Mettalic 44 27.50%
I like them both exactly the same 18 11.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #29
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
The pictures I posted were only to show that if you can make an orange look both really bright orange, and really dark (almost red), then the real color likely exists somewhere in the middle.

Buy what you like, paint your car like a traffic cone, i don't really care. I've made my case and I'm done with this childish thread. I posted against my better judgement in the first place.
Well, thank you for participating in this thread. It is not childish to have a poll in a forum and discuss it. I disagreed with your initial comments about Hugger orange being bland, dull and boring, however this thread at least proves that at least half of the people in this forum actually like the color and would choose it over IOM even if it wasn't metallic.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #30
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
Inferno Orange was the color I was going to order on my SS before I bought my Corvette instead. I am a big fan of Hugger Orange! It would be nice to see Hugger Orange on the new Camaro instead of IOM. IMO is to red! Just my thought. Jeff
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #31
christianjax

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
I have to say, that true Hugger Orange doesn't appeal to me much. I respect it for what it is, but I doubt I'd buy it. I like seeing it on classic chevys. IOM is actually a cool color in direct sunlight. It looks a little murky in the shade. But I can deal with it. My Camaro will either be IOM or Aqua Blue. Still trying to fall in love with AB but having a hard time. But maybe it will grow on me. so I guess I vote for Inferno over Hugger.
christianjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #32
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
While I'd like to see the non-metallic colors make a comeback, I just don't think today's buying public would like the lack of depth that they are used to with the metallic paints. I know you can get plenty of depth from not metallic paints but it usually requires a lot more upkeep to keep it looking like that. With metallics, you'll get it just by washing the car.

Just to add some more photos to the mix, here are a couple more of IOM (taken indoors under warehouse lighting conditions). You can't deny that there is orange in this paint.
Attached Images

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #33
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Hugger orange > IOM really iom killed the orange idea for my dad and he really wanted hugger orange so he didn't even get IOM he got vic. Red thats what his backup color was
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #34
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Oh wow, now we have a VS. thread on this? You guys are getting serious with this orange thing. If you want to try to get the word out, do what the boys did with the blue colors and make a more straightforward thread name.

I'm not going to bother saying anything about it anymore, since now that I saw IOM in person and up close, it's good enough for me to live with. I'd still like to see Hugger Orange offered, ESPECIALLY the pearl one like on the convertible concept, and I am rootin' for you all to get it done. But you won't be hearing from me anymore, especially after Fbodfather chimed in on the orange thread in the General Camaro Discussion thread.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #35
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
But you won't be hearing from me anymore, especially after Fbodfather chimed in on the orange thread in the General Camaro Discussion thread.
i had to go back and read his posts. lol

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=9320&page=2

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #36
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
i like huggar orange, but i love the inferno orange metallic. its new and different, but just pops in the right light.
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #37
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
sigh well from what i heard(dont quote me on this) the hugger orange convertible was a show car color only and it would a cost a shi# load of money

Do you want orange with your red?

well you could always get your car custom painted
Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #38
BeermanSS

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
how about throwing some metallic flake into some hugger orange? this orange looks red in many pics. But i do like how it looks in those close ups. Need to see it in person.
BeermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #39
BeermanSS

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
but then again, if Fbodfather says its better. I tend to agree, for fear of being hit with a 2x4.
BeermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #40
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
I've seen it in person and this is the best online pic....on my pc at least.

sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #41
flexme
Missing Member

Drives: Fred Flintstone Sedan
Those who really want an orange colored car, are most likely looking for a color like Hugger Orange and NOT IOM. Why do you think they were saving it for the convertible? GM needs to listen to the majority (since they rolled out the colors) who's opinion is quite clear on this color issue. As I've said in other posts: If the coupe came in Hugger I would open my wallet immediately. IOM makes me think twice.
flexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #42
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
While I'd like to see the non-metallic colors make a comeback, I just don't think today's buying public would like the lack of depth that they are used to with the metallic paints. I know you can get plenty of depth from not metallic paints but it usually requires a lot more upkeep to keep it looking like that. With metallics, you'll get it just by washing the car.

Just to add some more photos to the mix, here are a couple more of IOM (taken indoors under warehouse lighting conditions). You can't deny that there is orange in this paint.
No doubt there's orange in there, but that makes it a color changing red. The color is gorgeous, no denying it. And if I wanted red on my car, I would pick this over victory red or the jewel tint. However, I personally don't think red looks right on this car - and that's coming from someone who currently owns a red 91 z28, a red 05 victory hammer, and a red 91 bmw 525i (for sale btw). Huge fan of red - die hard Ferrari nut... it just doesn't look right on the 5th gen for some reason, I don't know what it is... something about it cheapens the look

Last edited by swifttal; 11-12-2008 at 08:58 PM.
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote