Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
If you're a road courser, read on. If not, the stock seat is ideal and comfortable.

After tracking my 2013 hard, the seat is clearly not keeping me in place. I would opt for a 2014 and get the Recaros. But if you're not going to track it, save the money and get a 2013.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
Victory1LE

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy2002 View Post
Yeah my dealer already tried to trade for three of them, 2 was sold, and the other the dealer claim was sold but was not. They are reaching out to a few more. They do not have a 1LE to trade for, so my confidence is not great. I will order a 2014 if that is the case.
There are two 1SS 1LE's sitting at the dealership in Brandon, Ms where i bought mine. One is Victory Red and the Other is White.
Victory1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
Phorecyte

Drives: Black 1SS/RS 1LE
I had a similar experience with the first dealership I went to (I had purchased a 2012 Genesis coupe from them that ended up being a lemon). This dealership did not have a 1LE or even an SS with manual trans. I told them I had to have manual, then later i read about the 1LE. I told them to search for a one 1LE. They told me none were available, and i would need to order a 2014.

My salesman sent me to the office that does the ordering. the 2014 didn't have a price tag, so i ask this other guy to look up 2013 1LE's for me. He found 3 within 500 miles, and thus i knew the first salesman was lying and wanted me to get something off the lot or get more money out of me for a 14.

I went back to the 1st salesman with this info and he said he would call me if he could get one.

Fast forward 2 weeks of waiting for this guy's call, I go to another dealership that is in a smaller town and is a smaller dealership. I told them about the 3 I found, and told me he would call me back. He called back the same day, told me they found one of the three and that he could have it for me the next day. I went and signed the paperwork, and had my car a couple days later.

This dealership did not even have a ZL1, much less a 1LE to trade and they made it happen for me NO PROBLEM.

Its all up to the dealership if they want to help you. The first dealer is a MUCH larger volume dealer in a bigger city and IM STILL WAITING ON THEM TO CALL ME BACK.

FYI, One of those original 3 1LE's i found, the car i ended up getting, was one of those 3. I still have the print out from the first dealership with my VIN on it... I just want them to call me so I can tell them I got the car they said was impossible to get.

Trust me, go to couple other dealerships. If they have the time of day for you as a customer, they will get you a 1LE. I got mine on 6-21-13 and there is def some 13 1LE's still floating around.
Phorecyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
2014 all the way. Once i seen a non RS i was sold its awesome. 2SS 1LE non RS with the recaro's is a winner imo.

Attachment 536308
Hey Thrillz do you have any more pictures of that 2014 1LE with no RS option? I have been looking around to get some pictures to compare and this is the first one I have really seen. Thanks.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
shaggy2002

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS w RS 1LE
Phorecyte,
The dealer I am working with on securing a trade has found 6. Of the six they were told 5 were sold. Still awaiting to hear back on the 6th. I did confirm that 2 of the 5 had indeed sold. I did find out one dealer either lied to my dealer or my dealer lied to me because the story I was told was it was sold. My dealer did say that sometimes dealers will say they sold when offered a trade rather than just come out and say we would rather not trade the car. That car is 3.5 hours away, but I worry about going to that dealership and they pull some shannigans on me in regards to my tradein, get there and it is not a 1LE, or anything else because you are at their mercy after driving such a long way. It is also in a different state, so I am not sure how TTL works when I have to retitle it in TX. You are lucky and glad you found one. I didn't realize they quit making the 2013s so soon, or I would have pursued one sooner.

The one that i am still awaiting to hear back on has the most options on it and some I don't care about (ie sunroof) but would pull the trigger if they could secure it. However, they reached out on Saturday and going on Wednesday and no word. The last time that happened, they eventually came back and said sold.

My salesman seems like a very genuine honest guy and I don't think he is pulling any tricks on me. I have to believe he is trustworthy unless that is his sales tactic of just being a good ole boy. I never had a salesman like this that was not shifty, pushy, etc.

If he comes back as this one is sold, i will have to expand my search as the dealer is only looking at cars in a 250 mile radius.

Worst case scenario is a 2014.

Thrillz, does the non RS 2014 taillights look like the Z28 taillights? If so, those are not as bad as the RS. However, I really want the RS headlights...LOL. My uncle said to buy a 2014 and then swap out the Z28 and/or non rs taillights with the RS taillights and sell them to someone who likes them.

There are some white ones out there I did not have my dealer try to trade for, but I really want a red car as my last three cars were white.
shaggy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #20
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Hey Thrillz do you have any more pictures of that 2014 1LE with no RS option? I have been looking around to get some pictures to compare and this is the first one I have really seen. Thanks.
Quote:
Phorecyte,
Thrillz, does the non RS 2014 taillights look like the Z28 taillights? If so, those are not as bad as the RS. .
Here is the thread to that beautiful car. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...447&page=4 Car speaks for itself in non RS trim its a thing of beauty. Its all about picking the right options to getting a nice 2014. In RS trim not so much.

Last edited by Thrillz; 07-24-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #21
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
2ss, Victory Red, 1LE, RS, with Navigation. My local dealer is attempting to trade for some at the moment, however I am not certain any dealer will trade these away.

If they can't trade for one, then I will probably just order me a 2014. Love the front end, do not like the taillights, but the new color information system and HUD are really nice. It doesn't look like a 1990 Silverado in the dash.
It shows there's 1 down here in Houston. That's not that far of a drive. Let me know if I can help
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #22
shaggy2002

davidcroft,

Victory red?
Old 07-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #23
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
I drove 500 miles & two states later to get mine. I made my deal via email & once we had the final price worked out I finally called my salesman. I would work out your deal first before traveling a long distance. I didn't have a trade in so it was a little bit easier I guess. The dealer didn't try to throw my any curve balls once I have arrived also. At first I was going through a local dealer to see if they could get the car down for me, but the other dealer wasn't giving it up. Good luck with your search. Try cars.com
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
davidcroft,

Victory red?
YES. YOU HAVE A PM!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #25
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Here in the Philly/South Jersey area I found at least 10+ 2013 1LEs around with more coming in. So the situation must be different in different parts of the country.

There was only 1 loaded 1SS which I originally wanted that could be found in the country by Chevy customer service. I prefer the cloth seats.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #26
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
superior chevrolet in conway ar has a silver 1LE 2013 model
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #27
Phorecyte

Drives: Black 1SS/RS 1LE
Hey shaggy,
Have you worked with any other dealerships?

Like get another dealership to make the calls for the trades? Who knows why that one dealer can't get it, but maybe another is on good terms with the to-be traded to dealership or hasn't had an allocation of any 1LE yet. I'm not sure how the rules work with GM, just from my experience, its good to see if another place doesn't seems to have all the problems your first dealer is having.

Good luck to you man, the 2013 is very unique. You will start seeing 14's all over the place, but ppl will like them bc they are new and shinny, but who knows how many years of production the new body will see.... Only one year with this body means it will only get more rare as time passes...modern classic ftw
Phorecyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #28
shaggy2002

SO, I want a victory red 1LE, with RS, and navigation. I have found two but each is missing one thing. One is 1le, without RS, but with navigation and the other is 1LE with RS, without navigation but has a sunroof which I am not crazy about. I may know where two more are within 5 hours of me that has all of the above. Would you sacrafice the RS or navigation if you had to sacrafice one? Can any be added aftermarket? IE the halo headlights or navigation?

Or i can get a 2014 and get it how I want it. I do like what phorecyte says since 2013 will be a 1 year look with that package. Damn decisions are tough. I know its ultimately mine, but curious what others would do.