Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #29
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
It's all what you want and like.. I'm on my second set of 22's.. I think it's the perfect size for the 5 Gen Camaro...
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #30
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Hahaha ......... Yea, they're clueless !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #31
SS Cat

Drives: '10 Black SS/RS M6 491RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
Repost:

My car has 22's it is ugly and it does not handle well and is slow.
Mine does too...

l ******** 5 Ch. System Enhancement l Pioneer AVIC Z-110BT l ACS T4 Splitter/Bumper Assembly l ACS T4 Side Rockers l AAC Concept Sidemarkers l PFADT Stage 2 l D2 Forged FMS-02 l Night Fury Cam Package l Stainless Works ZL1 Retro Chambered Catback & 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers l CAI Cold Air Intake l RX Catch Can/Breather l Dyno/Street Tuned by Lethal Racing
SS Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #32
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Cat View Post
Mine does too...

Sweet machine! That thing looks sick! Nice taste in wheels!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:03 AM   #33
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamX7X View Post
Things to consider

*Wheel alignment
*Speedometer calibration
*Suspension
*Performance
*Tire cost
*Wheel cost
*Pot holes
*Flat tire
*Gas millage
*Brake ware
*Stopping distance

When you change your wheel size, you amplify the possibility of having major or frequent problems in these categories.
21'' I believe is the max GM has put on a Camaro, their are only a few GM 21 inch OEM wheels.
I would assume one could experience those problems.. After two years I haven't experienced any but replacing a 315/25/22 Pirelli for $500.00.. But my SS only comes out the garage on weekends... If it were my daily commuter I would probably consider another size...
Old 06-18-2014, 06:26 AM   #34
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
22" does look AMAZING on these cars, but sadly I drive a V8 and like the performance I get from the 20" too much. I am just not willing to sacrifice function for form. To each their own, not everyone takes their car to the strip or to the track so whatever makes you happy and fits your needs is what is best for you.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:48 AM   #35
sonnydurden

⬆️⬆️ Exactly!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #36
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

True! 22's for show, 20's for go! Even though, some ppl with 22's actually have a lot of power added to their car! So they still have that power! Or some just feel like their car is still fast enough!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #37
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
True! 22's for show, 20's for go! Even though, some ppl with 22's actually have a lot of power added to their car! So they still have that power! Or some just feel like their car is still fast enough!
So true!! Fast enough for them, fun enough for them and that is all that matters. I mean, who are we fooling, most people think we are ALL crazy for spending all this money on these fast obnoxious cars....but it makes us happy, so what do they know!?!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #38
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
So true!! Fast enough for them, fun enough for them and that is all that matters. I mean, who are we fooling, most people think we are ALL crazy for spending all this money on these fast obnoxious cars....but it makes us happy, so what do they know!?!
True! I think we're crazy too! Hahaha ...... I want a 1LE just because of the look but I would need it as my 2nd Camaro! Just because I love adding 22's or even 24's to the 5th Gen and I like the way a 5th Gen looks with and without the 1LE stuff! So I love both! That's troubling....
Old 06-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #39
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
True! I think we're crazy too! Hahaha ...... I want a 1LE just because of the look but I would need it as my 2nd Camaro! Just because I love adding 22's or even 24's to the 5th Gen and I like the way a 5th Gen looks with and without the 1LE stuff! So I love both! That's troubling....
I agree, 22's look amazing on these cars and its the perfect 'look/fit' inside the wheels wells.

GM did an amazing job with the 1LE, with the styling and the package itself for the price they charge for the upgrade. I do hate the wheel gap on the 1LE though, and to fix that, lowering springs will be my next upgrade.

If there is one thing I have realized, no matter how happy we are with our cars and what we have done, we are never finished....there is always something else we like or that catches our eye.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #40
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I agree, 22's look amazing on these cars and its the perfect 'look/fit' inside the wheels wells.

GM did an amazing job with the 1LE, with the styling and the package itself for the price they charge for the upgrade. I do hate the wheel gap on the 1LE though, and to fix that, lowering springs will be my next upgrade.

If there is one thing I have realized, no matter how happy we are with our cars and what we have done, we are never finished....there is always something else we like or that catches our eye.
True! That's one of the things that I like about the 5th Gens! Is that you can add or change a lot of stuff and the car will still look nice! Can't say the same for the mustang because it looks like too much plastic , if you add stuff! Too me! Can't do that with the challenger because it looks the best how it is! too me! So yea, if I had a 1LE! I would definitely need two Camaro's because I wouldn't want to or dare change the look! Plus, just like you said , it's a great performer! So I could brag about the track times! hahaha ..... The 1LE is the only car that makes me want to learn how to drive a stick!

Well, ofcourse the sound of the V8's when it is shifting gears , is the real reason! But 1LE is manual only! So that's why it the 1LE Camaro !
Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #41
ModBargains

Drives: Camaro RS/SS, 996TT, E90 335i
22's look good if you do it right, my personal favorite are the Forgestar F14's:

ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains View Post
22's look good if you do it right, my personal favorite are the Forgestar F14's:

True! That car is sick! I think GM should come out with that color on the camaros!