Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #43
ToFast

Drives: Fast
lmao at halo. I'm glad I left consoles behind(2005), and went with PC gaming. Much much better FPS experience overall.
ToFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #44
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I can't play shooters and racing games on the computer. I need a handheld controller.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #45
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Sorry Taylor COD: Black Ops FTW. Alas available on both systems.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #46
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Ignore the fanboy nonsense, this is my opinion: I have both consoles.
It depends on who you are and what you like.
It all comes down to the Games!!! (to me atleast)

Xbox 360 in 2011 pros:
Xbox live is pretty good (party chat, voice messages etc..)
Gears 3
Forza 4
A bunch of Kinect games (if you like that)

Ps3 2011 Pros: (a phenominal game lineup)
LBP2
Killzone 3
Socom 4
Motorstorm: apocolyps
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3
Twisted metal
Last Guardian
RatchetnClank, all 4 one
(off the top of my head)

Basicaly if what your looking for is a streamline online experiance and you buy a bunch of multiplatform games than xbox 360 will be just fine.
If you like multiplatform game and Exclusives then the PS3 is unmatched, but PSN is not as streamline as Xbox live (but its not bad at all, it totaly gets the job done.)

For me I am going to be playing my ps3 until gears of war 3 comes out because Kinect does not appeal to me. Again it depends on who you are and what you like. IMVHO.
Twisted Metal...OMG that should be sweet. I didnt know that was coming out.

I cant beleive microsoft hasnt stole that yet. Or have they? is it multiplatform now?

def checking out motorstorm apocalypse as well. Killzone....maybe they can get it right on the third try. 2 was a big let down for me.

Halo...I have never liked it. COD is so much better. But it is a very popular game with a large following. Halo is old news IMO...but to each their own.

All fanboyism aside....it comes down to which games you prefer. Having the blu-ray built in is really nice though.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #47
TaylorRyanSS

Not a fan of regular Army type games, they are a dime a dozen and all the same imo. Halo is different and thats why I like it.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 12-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #48
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
wow that looks silly as hell
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #49
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
I get a kick out of the whole "red ring 'o death" argument. I've had my 360 for 3 years now, 15 months of which were spent in Iraq. It moved 4 times in Iraq and went through several dust storms and even lived with the unregulated/unreliable generator power that we had over there. It still works like it did when I first pulled it out of the box. Several other guys in my company bought them as well, and none of us had issues. I had a couple platoon leaders who went the PS3 route and ended up throwing theirs out after they died after the first power surge/outage.

Bottom line: get the console that you want to play on. They're both good. Just don't get bent out of shape over a video game console. There's so much more in life to lose sleep over. Trust me.

All that being said, Forza 4 looks positively kick ass!
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #50
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaron327 View Post
I get a kick out of the whole "red ring 'o death" argument. I've had my 360 for 3 years now, 15 months of which were spent in Iraq. It moved 4 times in Iraq and went through several dust storms and even lived with the unregulated/unreliable generator power that we had over there. It still works like it did when I first pulled it out of the box. Several other guys in my company bought them as well, and none of us had issues. I had a couple platoon leaders who went the PS3 route and ended up throwing theirs out after they died after the first power surge/outage.

Bottom line: get the console that you want to play on. They're both good. Just don't get bent out of shape over a video game console. There's so much more in life to lose sleep over. Trust me.

All that being said, Forza 4 looks positively kick ass!
i dont know man. Ive lost a lot of sleep staying up playin some games
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #51
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
i dont know man. Ive lost a lot of sleep staying up playin some games
me too

Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #52
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
ftw get all three ...i did...But I have a Tech junkie addiction....:>
Old 12-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #53
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
How do u get to the drag racing in forza 3 ?
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #54
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
How do u get to the drag racing in forza 3 ?
wish i could remember, its been a while. Anyways the trap speeds are WAY off on some cars. Thats because they based the speed and acceleration of the cars on the ratings they gave em and not by actual stats like horsepower and weight
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #55
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I have an awd r33 skyline engine swapped datsun 510 on forza 3 that nearly traps 170 in the quarter mile. car is absolutely nuts.

the drag racing is kind of poorly created. if you are doing test and tune, it loads and the clocks already ticking. there's no prep, there's no launch, you have to be on the gas before it's done loading. pretty boring. cool feature, just not done well.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #56
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Twisted Metal...OMG that should be sweet. I didnt know that was coming out.

I cant beleive microsoft hasnt stole that yet. Or have they? is it multiplatform now?

def checking out motorstorm apocalypse as well. Killzone....maybe they can get it right on the third try. 2 was a big let down for me.

Halo...I have never liked it. COD is so much better. But it is a very popular game with a large following. Halo is old news IMO...but to each their own.

All fanboyism aside....it comes down to which games you prefer. Having the blu-ray built in is really nice though.
Twisted Metal has been confirmed to come out in 2011 according to David Jaffe (God of War and Twisted metal creator) he has been working on it since late 2007, the final relase date has not been anounce yet but rumor is around October 2011. Also Sony owns the Twisted metal I.P. Like Gran turismo, so it will always be a playstation exclusive.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote