Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Lunatic

Drives: 80 Camaro Z28
Any Hip-Hop/Rap listeners?

I just dropped an official video for a track off my mixtape "Living In Reality."
Also dropped my first mixtape which I am excited about! I rap about pain, struggle so its real music! Not mainstream radio stuff. If anybody is interested in seeing my video, I promise you'll enjoy it!

Mixtape link:
http://www.datpiff.com/Lunatic-Livin...pe.336677.html

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Sounds decent man good luck! btw hip-hop/rap isn't about pain and struggle, nor is real music. Good luck in your career!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Good track bro, I know it's your baby but the track could benefit from a few things.

You need a mid range beat, you have the bass and the highs but the mid range needs something to pop.

Lose the auto tune at the beginning.

By the Way the tone of your vice is unique. I like it a lot kind of a mix between kid ink and raspy ness of Wayne.

I love rap and hip hop but because of the beats and how the track is performed.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
SirMike
Inland Empire Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, 2015 Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Good track bro, I know it's your baby but the track could benefit from a few things.

You need a mid range beat, you have the bass and the highs but the mid range needs something to pop.

Lose the auto tune at the beginning.

By the Way the tone of your vice is unique. I like it a lot kind of a mix between kid ink and raspy ness of Wayne.

I love rap and hip hop but because of the beats and how the track is performed.

Good luck. Good track, and good video.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #5
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
sweet man, thats badass. But i agree with the other comment drop that auto tune and the track is golden. Keep up the great work
Old 04-15-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
not bad...did you do the production yourself? I actually like the beat. I majored in audio engineering and was really heavy into production and was actually signed to a local label and had my own production label at once but let everything go once my fiance and kids come along. I heard thousands of music and I have to admit your sound desent. the only problem with getting into this field is money. you will most likely go broke doing this until you can actually get a deal, but what are the chance of that these days unless you drive a camaro with 30" wheels and went to jail for drugs or shooting someone lol.

on a serious note...not bad bro..keep doing your thing regardless of what anyone say.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Good luck bro. Nice track and video. I'd have to agree, the auto tune is a bit dated. You could be the next to blow from NC, like Phonte and Big Pooh - Little Brother. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
not bad...did you do the production yourself? I actually like the beat. I majored in audio engineering and was really heavy into production and was actually signed to a local label and had my own production label at once but let everything go once my fiance and kids come along. I heard thousands of music and I have to admit your sound desent. the only problem with getting into this field is money. you will most likely go broke doing this until you can actually get a deal, but what are the chance of that these days unless you drive a camaro with 30" wheels and went to jail for drugs or shooting someone lol.

on a serious note...not bad bro..keep doing your thing regardless of what anyone say.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
I did the production on my vocals myself, I'm no pro by any means. Thanks for the feedback.

btw I hate any car with over sized rims lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
Lunatic

Thank you everybody for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Check out the mixtape if you're interested in hearing more.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
yeah man, your vocals are straight...don't ruin it with the auto-tune. That sh!ts dead!