Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #71
Vizon
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
You gotta pay to play, and if you can't afford the insurance then you can't afford the car. Besides, what ever you save on insurance you will have lost much more on depreciation from that mustang you'd be selling.
I don't know if I'd be able to afford the insurance if it had a crap crash test rating. In any case, the Camaro won't be financed, so I should be able to pay for insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
That's quite an impressive achievement. Good job!
Thanks man.
Vizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #72
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
I don't know if I'd be able to afford the insurance if it had a crap crash test rating. In any case, the Camaro won't be financed, so I should be able to pay for insurance.

Thanks man.
If you are wiping your ass with 20's and buying a Camaro outright, why are you on here whining about a 5 star crash test in a muscle/sports car? Insurance for somebody your age would only be like $3000.00. Surely peanuts for somebody of your financial stature. Seriously. Why are you playing to fiddle?
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #73
Vizon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
If you are wiping your ass with 20's and buying a Camaro outright, why are you on here whining about a 5 star crash test in a muscle/sports car? Insurance for somebody your age would only be like $3000.00. Nothing for somebody of your financial stature. Seriously.
Because I am smart? If the camaro had a crash test rating of 3 I'd go for a 2010 Roush or something.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #74
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
Because I am smart? If the camaro had a crash test rating of 3 I'd go for a 2010 Roush or something.
Obviously you are an advocate of Ford, so why not go for the Roush? Why not deck out what you have with a Saleen package or something providing ultra performance and not waste your time with a Camaro project? Only sports cars I've seen with high crash test ratings are high-performance luxury cars. Aston Martins, BMW's, Mercedes, etc...If you have that kind of capital to throw around, get an ultra-performance luxury vehicle that would wipe the floor with a Camaro or Mustang. It is just difficult to wrap my brain around the idea that people have been driving Dodge or Ford forever, still don't know what they want and pretend that they've bled Chevrolet since the day they knew what a car was. I'm not saying Vizon is one of those people entirely but he's definitely in Ford's camp. BTW, I'm sure your insurance wouldn't be that much different if you are driving a decked out Mustang or top of the line Camaro, so I don't understand what your concern is.

Here's a fair question (and I'm not being sarcastic): How many Chevrolet's/GM vehicles have you owned in your life and why does the 2010 Camaro fascinate you besides the way it catches your eye?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #75
Vizon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Obviously you are an advocate of Ford, so why not go for the Roush? Why not deck out what you have with a Saleen package or something providing ultra performance and not waste your time with a Camaro project? Only sports cars I've seen with high crash test ratings are high-performance luxury cars. Aston Martins, BMW's, Mercedes, etc...If you have that kind of capital to throw around, get an ultra-performance luxury vehicle that would wipe the floor with a Camaro or Mustang.
My Mustang has a 5 star all round I believe. Yeah I am a ford fan, but why not get a camaro and super charge it and have more HP than any mustang can come close to producing?

BTW: A Vette was the only other option and I don't want a 2 seater. I wouldn't dare go for a European car.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #76
upheval
All over the planet

Drives: 2007 C6 M6 Victory Red
Does anyone know GM's crash test rating? Looks like we are fixing to see the end. Time to watch the fireworks.
Full Exhaust Magna Charger Dyno'd Tuned 543RWHP 489RWTQ
2011 2500HD 6.6 4X4 Z71 397HP 767TQ Factory
Waiting on the ZL1
upheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #77
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Nah man, I buried the hatchet with Vizon. If you are a fan of Ford and expect to bring Mustangs to the table, you better be prepared to get served here!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #78
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by upheval View Post
Does anyone know GM's crash test rating? Looks like we are fixing to see the end. Time to watch the fireworks.
I believe, and I could be wrong, but thinking back to the issue of the b-pillar, etc., I believe I recall that that was part of what was necessary in order to help the Camaro meet the 5 star crash rating.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #79
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
DKknightx,
Dude, I was trying to be cool about this whole thing but I am SOOO on your side now.

Vizon, if you are still here man, take a chill! This is a site where we all talk about the Camaro. There are people on this site that are very passionate about their beliefs. At one point, you said you were being mature.. Dude, walk the walk man. Take it easy on the "I love me" and focus on the "I love the Camaro". It was a great start on the thread but if you notice, it went south when the $$$$$ issue started. Good luck with your ventures but from someone who has seen some of the good and most of the bad this world has to offer, take it easy on the "how much I have" conversation. You are gonna piss people off man.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #80
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE

I request that we have a facepalm smiley added to the list.

Last edited by Camaro_Corvette; 03-06-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #81
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
And are they ready to adopt?
AWESOME!! LMAO!!
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #82
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Obviously not learning spelling
d00d you're killin me LMAO! I swear! Mostly I have read good post from you then I come across these kinds and they slay me, in this thread you've done it twice... I wonder if there are anymore... I shall see.
AAUGH! I can't stop laughing I'm serious!! I must be
Old 03-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #83
SummoneR
Paul

Okay so to be productive... I would think with all those airbags it would be a 5! I was pleasantly pleased to read about all those bags... of air that is, not the kind that I am financing my car with. LMAO
If I didn't still owe on my FJ I'd pay for a Camaro outright too!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #84
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post

I request that we have a facepalm smiley added to the list.
please!!!

i use it way to much... especially in threads like these!

back on topic:
i'm glad to know that with the speeds i'll be able to hit in my camaro, i'll not only be able to adequately stop, but if i can't stop (), i'm still pretty well protected (compared to many other sports cars on the market right now)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevyridinghigh, whiner