Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
BNR/Trifecta Plans for LFX Tune

We're looking for a current Trifecta customer with an LFX car to work with us on development of some new features, and we'd also like some feedback from the LFX community as well.

Some of the features we're planning are-

1. Economy Mode- We've successfully implemented this on the 1.4T cars and we're going to develop one for the LFX as well. We're not sure yet how many more MPG we can squeeze out of your Camaro but I would suspect 5+ MPG would be possible.

2. Sport Mode/Select-a-tune- We would like some feedback on this one. What we do now for the factory turbo 1.4 and 2.0 cars is called Select-a-tune. Basically Cruise Control OFF= higher boost levels and around a 30-50HP increase on the fly- no need to turn the car off or anything. Press the Cruise Control button (or Cruise ON) and the car enters eco mode (or stock mode if you don't want eco mode). Eco mode makes less than stock power levels but can get you up to 10 more MPG (on the 1.4T). We can also use the D/M position on the shifter instead of cruise control for the auto guys, but it would probably be cruise control activated at first.

What would you want to see for this mode? We were thinking of making the throttle response super sensitive, different transmission shift profile (more aggressive), etc. Basically a real sport mode.

Obviously you'd also get the power gains from the tune.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 50th Anniversary
I'm not a current customer but I'd like to be. Spent a lot over the past month on show mods preparing for the Sunshine State Camaro Rally next weekend so the tune will have to wait a little while but I'm anxious to try it.

I've already been hearing good things on the LFX tune and now it looks like you guys aim to make it even better so that's win-win. I would be a fan of the select-a-tune being bound to the D/M position for us auto guys/gals. D for economy or stock and S for "hold on, this is about to get real".

Keep up the good work guys!
Current: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary (#350)- 12.22 @ 115mph
- MX0 8-speed automatic, CF5 power sunroof

Former: 2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph

Order: TMFF65
1100 - 5/19/16 | 2000 - 5/26/16 | 3000 - 6/1/16
3100 - 6/6/16 (TPW 6/20) | 3300 - 6/9/16
3400 - 6/10/16 | 4200 - 6/23/16 | 4300 - 6/28/16
5000 - 6/30/16 | 6000 - 7/1/16

Club F1FTY
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
BNRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
I'm not a current customer but I'd like to be. Spent a lot over the past month on show mods preparing for the Sunshine State Camaro Rally next weekend so the tune will have to wait a little while but I'm anxious to try it.

I've already been hearing good things on the LFX tune and now it looks like you guys aim to make it even better so that's win-win. I would be a fan of the select-a-tune being bound to the D/M position for us auto guys/gals. D for economy or stock and S for "hold on, this is about to get real".

Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks for the kind words! If we can't find anyone that wants to work with us we'll probably just go rent a car with an LFX in it.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Yohan

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 1LT
Great idea imo....personally, having the two modes iwould be sweet. Eco on normal on shifter, then on lsport mode", the beast tune kicks in. The LFX a6 needs low end TQ, for quicker lauches.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Yohan

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 1LT
Im sure a "hybrid" tune can b developed. Responsive low,end torque throttle feel, but then eco mode for better mpg in city driving. What gobbles up mpg in this car is the start up, and launching from dead stops. Engine runs too rich, and, low torque,,making it "heavy" to get moving from dead stop. But with a,little dead stop launch boost effect, then eco mode after that, it would prob improve city mpg as,well.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
zcorvette04

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
For the right discount I'm sure there are a few of us on the fence about which tune who would play guinea pig I'm with the others on here low end torque and theD/M mode would be great
zcorvette04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'm not an LFX owner, but I think what Trifecta/BNR is proposing here is pretty cool stuff.

But I would not want to forced to either use an eco mode which may make the car feel weak in regular drive, or use sport mode. I would want to keep my regular drive mode as well.

So I'd propose when in sport mode, or manual mode, use the sport tune and sport TCM tune. In regular D, use the stock tune and stock TCM tune. In D with cruise activated, use Eco mode.

One thing that could throw a wrench in this is the 2LS owners....do those cars have a sport mode? I believe they do, just not a manual mode.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I'm a current customer and I use two tunes. 1 for motor and 1 for nitrous. I'm game for to try new stuff. I also have an automatic transmission. I own a G-Tech Pro so I can give feedback on G forces and engine torque while performing data logs. I have my own cable also.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
BNRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm not an LFX owner, but I think what Trifecta/BNR is proposing here is pretty cool stuff.

But I would not want to forced to either use an eco mode which may make the car feel weak in regular drive, or use sport mode. I would want to keep my regular drive mode as well.

So I'd propose when in sport mode, or manual mode, use the sport tune and sport TCM tune. In regular D, use the stock tune and stock TCM tune. In D with cruise activated, use Eco mode.

One thing that could throw a wrench in this is the 2LS owners....do those cars have a sport mode? I believe they do, just not a manual mode.

We could leave it up to the customer if they want a stock tune profile or eco mode for their cruise ON (or shifter in D) tune.

For cars that already have sport mode, we would just use the existing sport mode and modify it.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
BNRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
I'm a current customer and I use two tunes. 1 for motor and 1 for nitrous. I'm game for to try new stuff. I also have an automatic transmission. I own a G-Tech Pro so I can give feedback on G forces and engine torque while performing data logs. I have my own cable also.

Great! I'll shoot you a PM
Old 02-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #11
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Just saw this BNR.....A few extra features in this and just the push of an existing buttom in addition to what BNR has released here.....:thumbsup
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
No way to implement this on a LLT?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
SmokeScreen45th

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Anniversary
Quote:

You read my mind on this. Your descripition would be exactly how I would want it!
SmokeScreen45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:

We have "tap-shift" while in M-mode only and I use the word loosely. It just sets the gear limit to whatever you select but otherwise shifts normally. Does that make sense?

I wasn't aware the 2LS was like this when I bought it lol.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote