Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
zl1fun

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...TWICE

Anyone else dealing with a GM distribution/ packaging problem with their black 10 spoke zl1 rims ordered from either a dealership or online? I had 2 sets of rims come packaged wrong with rear 20x11 in the front box with the front wheel part number on the box but rears in the box......TWICE....then ....update......the place I ordered from attempted to get the front rims from gm again and GM sent 22x9 chrome rims......WTF

Last edited by zl1fun; 04-11-2013 at 08:45 PM.
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
zl1fun

Yeah....I've heard that...just so disappointed..does anyone have experience buying the rims from anywhere else
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
coptzr
Resistance is futile

Drives: Anything thats fast
Ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks now. I'm a service manager at a Chevrolet dealer and my parts manager spoke with the GM parts tech people. The correct wheels are shipping this week (4-22). They should be in-hand hopefully Wed. I discovered the error after I had tires mounted and tried to install on my own car. I never thought to look at the numbers, totally my fault.
Edelbrock CAI
VMS stage 2.5 cam kit
SLP LT's, no cats
NPP muffler's w/x-pipe
Tuned at Vector Motorsports
606 RWHP and 567 RWT
Black 1LE 10 spokes.
Hotchkis drop springs.
coptzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
coptzr
Resistance is futile

Drives: Anything thats fast
One the other hand, rears are mounted and installed. With the drop springs the stance is perfect. Hope you get yours soon.
Edelbrock CAI
VMS stage 2.5 cam kit
SLP LT's, no cats
NPP muffler's w/x-pipe
Tuned at Vector Motorsports
606 RWHP and 567 RWT
Black 1LE 10 spokes.
Hotchkis drop springs.
coptzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.
I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 View Post
I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.
Well the wheels look 100% better. Go to my delivery thread found here... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285054 ... check around post 53 for the story.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....

Last edited by Firefighter; 04-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
zl1fun

so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
zl1fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1fun View Post
so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim
has anyone else had success buying all 4 rims if so where did you buy them and what did you pay I'm ready to ship my four REAR rims back and be done with these idiots.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
no wonder they went bankrupt. I guess this is what we get from: CHINA
open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #11
zl1fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.
here you go hope you can read them I'll see once I post
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
zl1fun

and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside
I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.

I think in this case your dealer (Parts Taxi) should call the warehouse to make sure they check stuff before sending to them.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #14
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.
Yeah, china has nothing to do with it as the ZL1 wheels are made by Alcoa in ohio.