Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Yoda Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformers Ed.
The High Wing Spoiler is Here!

Hello everyone, the high wing spoiler is finally here! I am starting this forum for those that want to see the new spoiler and to answer any questions I can about it. I realize that this look is not for everyone and I respect your opinions, but if you are just here to hate on the new high wing please go to another thread. Of course all compliments are welcome. I happen to like all new Camaros including no spoiler, lip spoiler, dovetail, and of course I love the high wing after waiting 4ever for GM to release it. I was posting on an old thread and was asked to start a new one so more people could see what it looks like. I will repost the info here that should answer most questions and try to post more pics and info as needed. Thanks for your support and post up your photos here as well.
Attached Images

Yoda Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Yoda Man

High Wing

The high wing does use different mounting holes than the lip spoiler and it comes with heavier trunk lift cylinders even though it only weighs around 10 lbs.. There is also a plug in for the additional 3rd brake light. You don't notice the wing much in the side mirrors, but it takes about 1/4th of the rear window view. I am very pleased with the way it looks.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
Yoda Man

View from rear

Here is a picture dead on from the rear, one showing the 3rd brake light in action, one proving that the trunk will still open, and one showing how much of an 8 point deer you can still see out the back glass. Maybe it will stop raining soon.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
At actually looks pretty decent. Whats the price on these?

EDIT: Looks awkward tho with two center brake lights. I would remove the original rear window brake light .

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
RAYSRT8

Drives: 2011 Challenger SRT8 6.4L 392 Hemi
Not feeling it, but that's why they make different parts so people can make them their own by adding what they like..

Camaro parts for sale: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152474
RAYSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Yoda Man

I had always planned on the high wing and bought my Camaro with no spoiler at all. Little did I know I would have to wait 15 months for GM to release the wing. It would be sweet if you could change back and forth from lip to high wing, but you would about have to have 2 trunk lids. The lip spoiler uses 6 small holes across the rear and it looks like the high wing dosen't use any of those 6. The high wing uses 4 small holes for the mounting bolts and a 5/8 hole for the 3rd brake light wire. GM recommends using a hole saw for the bigger hole, so I let the body shop do mine for $100.
For those of you interested, I ordered mine from chevypartsplus almost a year ago for $400 and now they are $420 and I guess GM decided to release it just in time for the new Transformers movie comming out soon. It looks like the new Bumble Bee will be sporting a somewhat similar high wing in the T3 movie. Anyway I would like to thank everyone for the compliments on the wing. I know it may not be for everyone, but I really like the agressive look. Here is a link and I paid $25 shipping. http://www.chevypartsplus.com/produc...ack-gba-p-1973
Old 05-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
I hate it personally, looks like the handles on a grocery cart.

Now, the actual design of the wing is done pretty well. I like the style, just not the height/width of it. I feel it would be better received if they had extended it further out onto the rear haunches of the car, so it overlapped the panels. Thus the ability to lower it a bit more in height.

It's not my cup of tea, and it's still better than some other spoilers I've seen...
Old 05-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
I honestly just cant decide if I like it.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
I think it looks surprisingly good on the car but I'm not sure I would put it on mine
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
It looks pretty similar to the Firebreather spoiler but jacked up higher. Lower that bad boy a few inches and I think you've got a winner.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
It looks pretty goodm are you going to paint it the body color or leaving it black?
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
It looks pretty similar to the Firebreather spoiler but jacked up higher. Lower that bad boy a few inches and I think you've got a winner.
Exactly what I thought when I saw it. I LOVE the firebreather spoiler and would sell a piece of my liver to get one, but they don't make them anymore But yea, lower that and thin it out a bit and I'd buy it.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #13
Yoda Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroSS/RS View Post
It looks pretty goodm are you going to paint it the body color or leaving it black?
At the time I ordered it, they offered a primed wing for $100 cheaper, but I went with black because it goes with my color scheme and I thought the paint would hold up longer if it was factory GM paint. I plan on leaving it black.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #14
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
man, idk what to think.. I don't agree with wings on a car like this, but I think this does an OK job of flowing with the car. Wondering how RY painted with black stripes would look on your ride.

Tags
camaro, high wing spoiler