Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
I only had the car a couple of weeks so I didn't get to familiar with the stock set up. I would love to do a performance review but haven't really driven my car too hard at all. The normal driving around and little aggressive driving I have done after the install have been AWESOME! It feels like I am driving a Z06! The rise is a little bit stiffer, but not bad at all!

So far all this suspension has been worth EVERY penny! Plus after shopping around for days and days it was by far the best bang for the buck in suspension (and not just by a little bit). I have also had to use BMR's customer service on an issue with my 1.4" springs and it was great, second to none.
Always glad to hear we are doing our job!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #16
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Just took her out for a test drive the BMR bushing install and the video shows that there is still some movement under hard acceleration and shifting. I will need to do before and after videos to show the difference. There is an improvement, I'm guessing that you need to spend the $700 if you want it completely gone. The bushing looks like jello when it does move, probably should have been a little harder. I will post the video after editing it.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Rear BMR cradle bushings edited video.

Some of the movement is eliminated, not 100%!

There's also a video of the differential and you can look at my older suspension videos to see the difference.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #18
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Just took her out for a test drive the BMR bushing install and the video shows that there is still some movement under hard acceleration and shifting. I will need to do before and after videos to show the difference. There is an improvement, I'm guessing that you need to spend the $700 if you want it completely gone. The bushing looks like jello when it does move, probably should have been a little harder. I will post the video after editing it.
Spend $700 bucks on what?
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Spend $700 bucks on what?
The Pfhadt bushings are $690 and are solid aluminum and shouldn't move a bit. The BMR bushings felt really soft to me and they do give a little, not as much as the stock rubber bushings in the cradle. I guess they are worth the price I paid for them.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Rear BMR cradle bushings edited video.
Are those the inserts or the full bushing (not sure if BMR sells a full bushing)?

I watched your video of the stock bushing, and like you said it does show a great improvement, but not all movement is gone.

I have felt the rear-end steer with my stock bushings, so this is next on my list of mods. Still on the fence if I should do the full bushing or the inserts.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #21
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Are those the inserts or the full bushing (not sure if BMR sells a full bushing)?

I watched your video of the stock bushing, and like you said it does show a great improvement, but not all movement is gone.

I have felt the rear-end steer with my stock bushings, so this is next on my list of mods. Still on the fence if I should do the full bushing or the inserts.
Those are the BMR full PRO cradle bushings and the full differential bushing kit.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Wow, thanks. I'm guessing the inserts would show even more movement. Hmmmm.....

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #23
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Wow, thanks. I'm guessing the inserts would show even more movement. Hmmmm.....

The BMR Pro full bushings do better than the Street inserts.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote