Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
This is turning into an epidemic!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #30
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
The LLT/LFX engines have a timing chain, not a timing belt.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite2010 View Post
I am having sort of the same problem. I have had my car a little over a month. about a week in, my check engine light came on, saying service stablility tract,m except my car does not act weird at all, the light seems to randomly come on and off. I took it in and they told me they couldnt find anything wrong, except when they shook the key around in the ignition a bit, the light would come on and off. They suggested taking everything off the key ring and only have the key to the car. it seemed to fix the problem...for a week and a half, it is coming on again. Also for 3 mornings in a row when I started it up to go to work, the speedometor was at zero, and would kick in about 2 miles down the road. Related problems? Any possibility this could be related to the cold? Or just something with the wiring?

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
I would suggest taking it back to the dealership where you went first to see if they can diagnose this for you. Please let me know any updates.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #32
Kylegrantham

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
The LLT/LFX engines have a timing chain, not a timing belt.

John B.
That's correct, it is a chain. Force of habit I referenced the belt.

And for the user that asked for the bulletin code, I'll see if it's in the paperwork they gave me. Just showing how inept that dealership is, they handed me the warranty paperwork they have to submit to GM when I walked out the door. It wasn't until I was getting in my car and pulling away that a woman came running out to get it. I did take a look at it and saw that this would have cost me $4,800 between the chain and gaskets and labor to clean the engine out.

2012 Camaro 2LT RS, County Road 408, 20 miles south of Casper, Wyoming
Kylegrantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #33
Kylegrantham

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
Anyone have the service bulletin number?

My '12 2LS has been in the shop twice for misfires in cylinders 2 and 4.
The bulletin number is "#PIP3146D for excessive carbon on top of valves."

When they reassembled the engine they then received codes P0017 and P0016 which read, P0017 - "Crankshaft position sensor - exhaust camshaft position not plausible bank 1" and P0016 - "Crankshaft position - intake camshaft position not plausible bank 1"

That in turn led them to the bulletin, which I don't have, that says the timing chain is slack.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
Kylegrantham

It's been six months and my Camaro has run just fine... that is until I let it sit for a week while we left for vacation and returned to fire it up today. Everything went fine until I got out of the driveway...

The Stabilitrak service warning returned, engine light began flashing and for my 7-mile drive to work the car slammed in and out of gear, especially on the down-shift. The dealership out here (which has been miles better than the one I dealt with in Wyoming) can't get it in for me to even drop off until tomorrow, in hopes they can look at it by the end of the week.

She's now at 41,295 miles. So the 13,000 or so miles since the initial head gasket and timing chain replacement were worry free... until now.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #35
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegrantham View Post
It's been six months and my Camaro has run just fine... that is until I let it sit for a week while we left for vacation and returned to fire it up today. Everything went fine until I got out of the driveway...

The Stabilitrak service warning returned, engine light began flashing and for my 7-mile drive to work the car slammed in and out of gear, especially on the down-shift. The dealership out here (which has been miles better than the one I dealt with in Wyoming) can't get it in for me to even drop off until tomorrow, in hopes they can look at it by the end of the week.

She's now at 41,295 miles. So the 13,000 or so miles since the initial head gasket and timing chain replacement were worry free... until now.
Kylegrantham,

I hope you had a great vacation! My apologies are extended to you regarding your stabilitrak woes upon returning. Please keep me updated on your diagnosis at the dealer. We're here to help if possible.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #36
Kylegrantham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Kylegrantham,

I hope you had a great vacation! My apologies are extended to you regarding your stabilitrak woes upon returning. Please keep me updated on your diagnosis at the dealer. We're here to help if possible.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William,

After a series of tests at the dealership the eventual diagnosis was the engine needed to be replaced.

It took three weeks but I have my Camaro back and 400 miles on the new engine later she seems to be running better.

Thank god this was under warranty. The cost to have this done without it would have run near $10,000.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #37
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegrantham View Post
William,

After a series of tests at the dealership the eventual diagnosis was the engine needed to be replaced.

It took three weeks but I have my Camaro back and 400 miles on the new engine later she seems to be running better.

Thank god this was under warranty. The cost to have this done without it would have run near $10,000.
Oh my!

Thanks so much for your update and I'm happy that everything was taken care of for you. Let me know if you encounter any further issues.

Happy driving,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #38
Kylegrantham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Oh my!

Thanks so much for your update and I'm happy that everything was taken care of for you. Let me know if you encounter any further issues.

Happy driving,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William,

Actually, it looks like everything was not taken care of. Yesterday I fired up my Camaro, the one I just had the engine replaced in six months ago, and every symptom prior to the engine replacement reappeared. She started with a rough idol, service stabilitrak warning, and slammed between gears as it shifted.

The new engine has just under 9,000 miles on it, There are just over 50,000 on the car itself., and it's back at the dealer again. This will make three extended stays for repairs of what appears to be the same issue. All total from January of 2013 to now, I'm looking at five weeks this car has been in a garage getting worked on.

I'm ready to dump the car the first chance I get, but lord knows no one would come near buying the thing if they see what it's history has.

Kyle

Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #39
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Sounds like it's time to investigate the lemon law in the state where you reside.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #40
Psu88

Drives: 2010 2ss ,vortech supercharger
Just had this error message today
I had the car stored and disconnected th battery for about 6 weeks
Car warmed up and I did not experiance shaking but the stability service error flashed
I shut it off and turned it back on after warm up and th error was still there

Still got snow in the ground so I won't be able to take it in for a few more weeks
Psu88 is offline   Reply With Quote