Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #57
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
That proved out in the uproar over the content and then with the expected and established pricing. Most of those on this Z/28 forum were Z/28 diehards. Many are average Joes not able to or willing to part with $75,000+ for their longtime desired car. This Camaro the Z/28 has moved up and on to a new customer base.
An excellent point in social engineering that flew right past me. But now I see a buyer's profile and thought process dialog emerging:

1. Buy any Camaro model? No way.

2. $75,000+ for a Camaro? No way.

3. Oh. Wait. This Camaro is special. Let me take a look.

4. It is worthy. But should I buy?

5. I will buy, because the Z/28 will not embarrass me when my friends ask why I would ever buy a Camaro.

The above may sound ridiculous to those here who read it, but it was meant to describe the thinking of those that are not here, that should be.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #58
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
An excellent point in social engineering that flew right past me. But now I see a buyer's profile and thought process dialog emerging:

1. Buy any Camaro model? No way.

2. $75,000+ for a Camaro? No way.

3. Oh. Wait. This Camaro is special. Let me take a look.

4. It is worthy. But should I buy?

5. I will buy, because the Z/28 will not embarrass me when my friends ask why I would ever buy a Camaro.

The above may sound ridiculous to those here who read it, but it was meant to describe the thinking of those that are not here, that should be.
I'd agree. They would not usually think Camaro when buying. Proof is that some of the most vocal in the Z/28 threads are new here. Also those that were very vocal previously have moved on. My feelings? After pushing for this car for years (while being scoffed at) I see better value in buying a 1LE and adding Z/28 parts to it...or do I buy a Z51 and add Z06 parts to it???
Old 02-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #59
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
I don't want the car, I just want the LS7 in my 2SS.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #60
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
I don't want the car, I just want the LS7 in my 2SS.
They're available.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #61
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
First this car is not priced where any one can buy it, IMO and next there are only 500 for 2014 so how many do you think will be on this board, 10-20 at most, i think you will see a lot more when the car starts making it down the line, looking forward to pics from the plant.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #62
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
First this car is not priced where any one can buy it, IMO and next there are only 500 for 2014 so how many do you think will be on this board, 10-20 at most, i think you will see a lot more when the car starts making it down the line, looking forward to pics from the plant.
I hear you. But I would propose a different explanation as to why so few of the 500 2104 Z/28 owners are on this board:

This place is for all intents and purposes, invisible to Google.

Suppose you want to know more about the Z/28. Type "2014 Z/28" into Google. What do you get, or more precisely, what don't you get?

This website is not returned as a search result until page 5, over 40 results are returning before this board. Almost nobody will wade through five pages of Google search results to find this website, when the previous 40 websites have offered up what you think is the latest, greatest, information to be had.

What this website needs is some optimization so that it appears higher in the Google search results.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #63
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

The Z/28 is not a car for the masses as the Camaro has always been. It requires a NEW customer. It is a toy, a trophy not transportation. I fully appreciate it, however it IS way more than the faithful would ever have expected. It's hard for some to get their heads around it. My final thought...it's very cool!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #64
Mikebrinda

Quote:
The Z/28 is not a car for the masses as the Camaro has always been. It requires a NEW customer. It is a toy, a trophy not transportation. I fully appreciate it, however it IS way more than the faithful would ever have expected. It's hard for some to get their heads around it. My final thought...it's very cool!
All true, but I would expect more than the handful here to be here, and I attribute that to my prior post on Google search results.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #65
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
I hear you. But I would propose a different explanation as to why so few of the 500 2104 Z/28 owners are on this board:

This place is for all intents and purposes, invisible to Google.

Suppose you want to know more about the Z/28. Type "2014 Z/28" into Google. What do you get, or more precisely, what don't you get?

This website is not returned as a search result until page 5, over 40 results are returning before this board. Almost nobody will wade through five pages of Google search results to find this website, when the previous 40 websites have offered up what you think is the latest, greatest, information to be had.

What this website needs is some optimization so that it appears higher in the Google search results.
If you search for gen5 z/28 camaro5 comes up on top of first page.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #66
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
If you search for gen5 z/28 camaro5 comes up on top of first page.
If you know enough to type "Gen5" as a search term you hardly need Google to find this place, and you probably know it already exists.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #67
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
What could a person learn about the Z/28 here that they couldn't learn anywhere else?
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #68
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
What could a person learn about the Z/28 here that they couldn't learn anywhere else?
Maybe nothing. But here it is all in one place.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #69
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Interesting points. My view is somewhat different.

I started with Chevy, in my car-buying career, but they abandoned me. They kept designing products that diverged more and more, every year, from what I wanted -- both in regards to outright performance and quality.

If you'd told me, five or ten years back, that they'd be building products like the Z/28 and Z06 -- and testing them on the Nurburgring, to boot -- I would've laughed my ass off.

And yet, the Faithful at GM went and made it so! I'm not a new customer, the company just decided to get on with it and resume building cars that I'm interested in. I never went anywhere and my tastes haven't changed; if anything's different it's my higher tolerance for MSRP as the years (and my earning ability) have increased. I feel very blessed that Chevy came out with the perfect car for me, and that I'm at a point in my life where I can afford the price of entry on the Z/28...
Old 02-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #70
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
If you know enough to type "Gen5" as a search term you hardly need Google to find this place, and you probably know it already exists.
I did a google search with "new Z/28" and I was surprised to find that Camaro5 wasn't even mentioned until the 2nd page. I then did it with "2014 Z/28" and there wasn't a mention until the middle of the 4th page.

It just goes to show you that, as big as this forum is in regards to Camaro information, it's not the biggest fish in the pond.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote