Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #71
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUPR View Post

My Red ABL I installed
Nice, mine was too dim when I tried it, so I went back to the stock ice blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorgren View Post
Nice car!! I'll be following this one!
Thanks I have a set of professional pictures that were taken on August 6th 2011 on US129 in Tennessee known as the tail of the dragon.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #72
skuttduck

Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Tail of the Dragon Photos of Cliffy

I tried to upload these photos twice and I am not having luck.

I got a token error both times. Here is the link to the thread on Camaroz28.com
http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827121
Old 08-25-2011, 03:02 AM   #73
cnorgren

Drives: Avalanche LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
I got a token error both times. Here is the link to the thread on Camaroz28.com
http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827121
Love the car!! nice job!
cnorgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #74
ijaved

Drives: Imaginary
Wow amazing job and amazin car keep posting pics
ijaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #75
skuttduck

Well, since I last updated the page, my father got a 45th Anniversary Camaro. So I've used my knowledge to help him out, and get the weathertech mats, black splash guards, and I've taken cliffy down to Florida and back again.

I have close to 20,000 miles now.

Prior to that, I met up with Efpardo at Olympic Broil in Lansing.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #76
skuttduck

We headed south on 10/10/11 to stay the night in Knoxville, TN.

We met a Camaro around Dundee, MI that we both waved to and gave an engine rev. I believe it was a North Carolina Plate.

This was taken in Mason, MI right after breakfast.

Then at a rest area along the way.

When we got to Knoxville, I spoke to a guy who really loved the "wing" he wanted to know if it was a special edition or something. I told him it was an official accessory only released this year. He really liked it. Mentioned he had a Corvette, and his daughter had a 4th gen firebird.

It was nice to have more reassurance that the highwing really does look good on the Camaro.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #77
skuttduck

Once we made it to Savannah, Georgia, we had a victory red join us in the parking lot of the Comfort Suites.

Yes that is victory red, and not inferno orange.

For good measure, I'll include a couple other pictures I took along the way.

colors starting to pop out there in North Carolina along I40

took this picture for Camaroscotty. He loved it! Plus you can see why they are called the smokey mountains there. I also had fun revving the engine in the tunnels here.

US 17 bridge to Savannah Georgia, from the Hotel Parking lot. It was cool to drive over that into the city.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #78
skuttduck

Once the week was up in Savannah, seeing Tybee Island, shopping, eating at the Lady and sons and Uncle Bubbas etc.. We headed down to Orlando to spend a week at our timeshare (Mystic Dunes).

By the way, I really hate how the staff insists on making us sit through sales presentations when I tell them I am happy with what I have, and then try to tell us what we have is only good for 10 years, and this offer is only good today. Anyhow...

I took this photo, and I was pissed! in the 15 minutes we took to unload someone door dinged cliffy!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #79
skuttduck

While down in Orlando, we celebrated our anniversary at Boma, Flavors of Africa at the Animal Kingdom lodge. We all loved it, and my wife since she is a vegetarian even more so! We also got a great deal at Disney thanks to my parents coming along with us, and my dad having his military ID!

Following this, we went to Port Canaveral to spend a week on the Norwegian sun. It was a very good vacation.

On the cruise, we went to Nassau, spent it at the beach, then St. Thomas, (went Parasailing), then San Juan Puerto Rico, (went walking around old San Juan), followed by private Island on Great Stirrup Cay.

The bad: My dad came down with Pneumonia on the ship! I never had to see how good the ships doctors were but they were fantastic. He also was taken off the ship first in the AM and taken to Cape Canaveral Hospital for another 4 days.

He is back home and doing well now, but we were worried. I also have to say I drove Cliffy all the way from Florida to Michigan all by myself. GM designed the car well for long distances. On the way down my dad helped me drive. My wife does not want to drive stick shift.

Only other picture I got was this one in South Carolina on the way back.

Kim is fixing her hair, but it is one of the better ones you can see the black gill stripes, and the car looks amazing even though it is covered in film from driving 2000 miles across the country and sitting for a week while it rained.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #80
david50camaro

Drives: 2012 camaro ls
hey thats a nice car....where did you get the lights from and how do you remove the front dash thing where the lights go??
david50camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #81
skuttduck

I haven't updated my thread in a while. I've been busy with a huge epic project. My free time over the winter, that I started around the last time David50camaro posted was to start scanning in all the negatives of all of our old photos to have digital copies of them.

I had started with our old Super8 films getting them to DVD. I found a guy here locally in Lansing, MI that did those for 10 cents a foot. I later extracted the footage, added titles, dates, and music from the era it was filmed then posted them up on my facebook account.

I have videos that run from 1973 when my brother was a baby up to 1991 when he turned 18. That took a while.

I also have over 2550 negatives that I scanned in. I can't say I see any old Camaros in the past that I could share. Now maybe I could find photos of my Aunt's 1980 Trans-am.

Oddly it appears most of the picture links seemed to have disappeared. Pretty odd.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #82
skuttduck

Now that it is starting to get warmer and my negatives are scanned in, I can update some progress on Cliffy.

First thing I had to do was to remove the "loaded diaper" mirror, and install the retro Frameless mirror.

Thanks to DWalex for helping me understand what was needed to hook this up.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #83
skuttduck

I always like the red flash concept camaro seats. After a couple years seeing that GM wasn't going to offer any red on the interior, and the $2000 price tag on the Katzkin premier seats, it came to me one night. Is it possible to just color leather seats?

By the way Katzkin, I also don't like how your image is a bad photoshop.

So I discovered a leather coloring kit, did some research and contacted the sales on it. He said it is possible to use the coloring kit to do what I want I just need to use a lot of coats.

So I said, what the heck I'll give it a shot.

Preparing the seats with the leather cleaner/primer

Adding about 5 light coats.

My wife said it looked like I murdered someone

The following day after what I think was 12 coats.

It has now been over 72 hours since I applied it so I added the leather conditioner, it brightened up a bit.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #84
kold

Drives: 2011 LS White Camaro
it looks awesome!!!!
kold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ambient light, cliffjumper, corsa exhaust, rjt red jewel tintcoat, transformers