Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
ramsman34

Drives: 2011 Summit White, 2SS/RS-LS3
Restoring/paining my midnight silver OEM rims??

So a while back I curb-rashed my OEM RS Midnight Silver wheels. I had one of those mobile repair companies come out and "fix" them (when I find their bus. card I will let you all know who they were so you DON'T use them). They smoothed out the lip-rash decently but the paint didn't match. It was "close" so I let it go. About 4 weeks later the paint starts flaking off. I call them, they come out and re-do the paint and 4 weeks later it happens again. They tried to blame me for washing the car too soon which I didn't do. These rims are f-ed up good now. I will post pics if anyone wants to see and can possibly help me. I have since gone to TSW wheels and will be changing them again to 10 spoke black soon.

I want to restore these rims to the original midnight silver color and finish. I have searched all the threads and found the alleged paint code and but that people are iffy on the color match. I want the wheel to look like new.

I am wondering - has anyone (especially in So Cal) had their wheels repainted midnight silver? If so, where did you go, how did they turn out, and what did it cost?

I really want to get these looking new and either store them or sell them to someone looking for the Midnight Silver RS 20" wheel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
if you really need them all to match take them to a quality shop and have all 4. i would still bet a good paint place can match the one with the rest. goodluck.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote