Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-08-2015, 03:54 AM   #1
brahmabull

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic Z/28
FINALLY PART OF THE VISCERAL Z/28 CREW

Whats up ladies and gents, I am stoked as hell to finally purchase this car literally the day after Xmas..After drooling for about a year, creeping on the pages here, looking up stats, and watching and reading endless reviews on the car, I finally have one of my own in my very own garage. I feel like I stole this vehicle, as I took advantage of the Xmas year end sales event with the 20% off MSRP, and im sure glad I did. I was literally torn into choosing what color to get as pictures do not do this car justice. ALL you owners know that you have to see the car in person to decide what color you actually want, and as soon as I entered the showroom floor, I knew which beast I was taking home.

I went from wanting a white one to black, but quickly switched my mind when I saw the Ashen Gray Metallic. When they said "Metallic", they weren't kidding. The metallic flakes on the car when the sun hits her is just amazing. Kudos to the engineers from Chevy for making such as a good track car that can be driven in the streets. She had 10 miles on the showroom floor when I bought her, and now the current odometer is at 500+ happy smiling miles. moderate break-in is in effect, and my first mod to her was pulling the fuse, which Made her sound even more heavenly.

Just a little background on me, my last sports car was a C6 ZO6. loved that car to death and I was depressed when I had to let her go. But now, I am back in the saddle with that same LS7 for a heart, but with a different skin, and I could not be more happy and proud. Next mod for me is a front clear bra-I want to protect her front and rack(lolz), then do some trackdays... OK, enough with the mumbling, and heres some pics

Took her to a cars and coffee that following Sunday in Ventura as the one in Irvine is no longer going on. Next car meet im taking her is Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills. Correct me if Im wrong, but the biggest one is the first Sunday of every month. For any of the Socal Z/28's wanting to meet and roll there, we should plan one.

2014 Merz Benz E350(sold)
2010 Ford Raptor(sold)
2009 Chev C6 ZO6(sold)-beast
2006 BMW E46 M3(sold)
2000 Honda S2000(sold)
brahmabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
TonyNDeb

Drives: Candy
Congrats on the purchase! I also love the AGM. I'm sure you'll love the car.
TonyNDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:12 AM   #3
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Welcome! I too was torn between two colors; white or silver. But when this AGM came up for sale, i had to have it. I love this color, sun light makes it glisten, but at night looks black. Ive had many people ask if it was black even in the day time.

You both look happy in your picture, so much so, your eyes turned to stars. I guess that is what happens after buying a beast like the Z/28. Enjoy the car!

Last edited by Zslash28; 01-08-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #4
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
Whats up ladies and gents, I am stoked as hell to finally purchase this car literally the day after Xmas..After drooling for about a year, creeping on the pages here, looking up stats, and watching and reading endless reviews on the car, I finally have one of my own in my very own garage. I feel like I stole this vehicle, as I took advantage of the Xmas year end sales event with the 20% off MSRP, and im sure glad I did. I was literally torn into choosing what color to get as pictures do not do this car justice. ALL you owners know that you have to see the car in person to decide what color you actually want, and as soon as I entered the showroom floor, I knew which beast I was taking home.

I went from wanting a white one to black, but quickly switched my mind when I saw the Ashen Gray Metallic. When they said "Metallic", they weren't kidding. The metallic flakes on the car when the sun hits her is just amazing. Kudos to the engineers from Chevy for making such as a good track car that can be driven in the streets. She had 10 miles on the showroom floor when I bought her, and now the current odometer is at 500+ happy smiling miles. moderate break-in is in effect, and my first mod to her was pulling the fuse, which Made her sound even more heavenly.

Just a little background on me, my last sports car was a C6 ZO6. loved that car to death and I was depressed when I had to let her go. But now, I am back in the saddle with that same LS7 for a heart, but with a different skin, and I could not be more happy and proud. Next mod for me is a front clear bra-I want to protect her front and rack(lolz), then do some trackdays... OK, enough with the mumbling, and heres some pics

Took her to a cars and coffee that following Sunday in Ventura as the one in Irvine is no longer going on. Next car meet im taking her is Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills. Correct me if Im wrong, but the biggest one is the first Sunday of every month. For any of the Socal Z/28's wanting to meet and roll there, we should plan one.
In the same camp as you- just picked up an AGM Z, had to go to AZ to get it. I was all over the place with color, but settled on AG. It took me awhile to warm up to it as I thought it had too much blue tint, but didn't want black because it doesn't separate the components and the lines are muted.Quite frankly they look great in any color, it was a tough choice. SCS is every sunday, but you are correct the big one's are now 1st sunday of every new month(used to be the last sunday) I'm having the dealer install the wickerbill and it coming next week. I do agree on too good of a deal to pass up!
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #5
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
my most favorite color!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #6
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Nice

Best color available

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
I like that color a lot also!!!

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #8
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Our club did a bunch of group runs over the summer and the most menacing looking car in the rear view mirror was the Ashen Grey 1LE. So sinister, you feel a need to move over and let it by. I'm sure the Z/28 is even more so!