Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Does anyone else super-detail their car before taking it in to a shop?

Whenever I take my car in to a shop, whether for maintenance or for unscheduled work, I always wash and detail it the day before (I'll do it that morning, if possible). Partly for vanity's sake, but also in hopes that if the mechanic sees that I care enough to keep my car in showroom quality, maybe he/she will realize that I know every inch of that car inside and out and if they leave any scratches or scuffs, I'll notice and have them fix it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I only take my vehicle to places where I know and trust the people doing maintenance/repair on it. I trust these people because I have seen them do work before and know what precautions/quality of work they do.

If I'm taking it somewhere different to get something done, I want to see them do the work, if they won't allow me to, I say thanks anyway.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #3
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
Whenever I take my car in to a shop, whether for maintenance or for unscheduled work, I always wash and detail it the day before (I'll do it that morning, if possible). Partly for vanity's sake, but also in hopes that if the mechanic sees that I care enough to keep my car in showroom quality, maybe he/she will realize that I know every inch of that car inside and out and if they leave any scratches or scuffs, I'll notice and have them fix it.
Yes I make sure it is perfect and I let me know that there is not a mark on it!!!! And I want it returned that way or else!!!
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote