Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #239
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
I dont know where DX/DX came from? I know that there was a DA/DX which was superceded by DB/DB
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #240
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well, i don't want to get rid of my DB/DB...cause I haven't had a problem yet!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #241
r6danl

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Well I know for a fact that DBDB has issues with the 5th gen 16GB Nano so I'm hopeful for an update.
r6danl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #242
shazam

Drives: IOM/IOM 2LT
Ahhh crap, I just thought I had this figured out. I ordered the new PDIM part mentioned above through my dealer (warranty) apparently they are backordered.

Hopefully it will be DB/DB (and hopefully DX/DX doesn't exist and isn't newer!)

As for the indexing on your nano, I think if you are using any ipod the ipod handles the indexing for you, so I would try another ipod or restore yours. The 'indexing' should only come up if you are using a USB where the deck actually handles the indexing. (If i'm wrong about this don't shoot me - But I never see an indexing message on my iphone and think I read this somewhere else on the forum)
shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #243
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Have this one installed with version DB DB and it's flawless! Can't believe it's finally fixed!
I have had issues connecting my iphone and USB devices since I got the car.
I have replaced the pdim (back in early 2010) for a new HW/SW update.
It updated to a new version (i think it was cx:ce), which didnt resolve MY issues.

I was really happy to see they have new parts out now.

I reviewed the posts in this thread, and I dont see what your upgrade fixed for you besides the undetected devices error. Were you having the popular display issues as well?
Do we know if this upgrade fixes those?
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #244
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazam View Post
Ahhh crap, I just thought I had this figured out. I ordered the new PDIM part mentioned above through my dealer (warranty) apparently they are backordered.

Hopefully it will be DB/DB (and hopefully DX/DX doesn't exist and isn't newer!)

As for the indexing on your nano, I think if you are using any ipod the ipod handles the indexing for you, so I would try another ipod or restore yours. The 'indexing' should only come up if you are using a USB where the deck actually handles the indexing. (If i'm wrong about this don't shoot me - But I never see an indexing message on my iphone and think I read this somewhere else on the forum)
This is true.
Unless there is an exception for certain apple devices that I am unaware of, I can confirm the "ipod" technology indexs for you.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #245
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Still no TSB? :emoticon7:
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #246
Coop98

Drives: Cruze
You guys, I went to the Chevy dealer for an oil change and the guys have NO IDEA What I'm talking about. I've shown them this site and they are still clueless. How do I tell them what's wrong? I have the da dx and my 120gb zines still indexes for 12 minutes and the iPhone works just fine.
Coop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #247
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

120g?

This might not be what some people want to do, but....

You can always get two thumb drives and split your music up. I put my country music on one and my rock n' roll on the other. It takes maybe 20 seconds to index and I'm ready to go. It has worked flawlessly since I got the new DB DB PDIM installed. It's never "not found" my thumb drive, works with my phone, works with my ZEN-Xfi, everything...

I imagine if you try to hook up a huge external storage which is filled with songs, then yeah...it's going to take a day to index. I would think that's going to be set up for smaller applications. Although it will work for a 120g drive, it's going to take forever. Try stepping down to something like a 4g thumb drive and watch what happens.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #248
Naldiian

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro RS
Great idea to use USB keys in the car, but not so easy for those of us using ZunePass for our music. It is DRM controlled and will not work if moved off of the Zune device because the access tokens are not updated. After something like 7-10 days, all of the songs are unplayable.

The index thing is something to be expected as your library gets larger, but there is no reason the index isn't cached on in the car for at least a few days before doing a refresh.

The big problem is all of the other crap that doesn't work right from a Zune, and other devices, such as Random not being random, the indexed information being garbled junk on the screen, and most songs not playing at all even after it indexes anyway.

Basic MP3s on small USB keys should not be the only way to use this feature, as they clearly indicate that it works in a lot of additional ways as well. In my case, about 10% or less of my music is owned, and the other stuff is ZunePass leased basically. This thing needs to work, and they need to quit dragging their ass about putting out a bulletin to get the solution available to all of us since they know the thing is broken.
Naldiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #249
BumbleBeeSS2009

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
any word on the TSB?

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #250
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
I finally got my dealer to replace the pdim and I verified the hardware/software versions are now DA/DX. And.........SAME PROBLEMS AS BEFORE! I can't believe that problems reported to GM by me and others back in 2009 are still not resolved. I have dumped hundreds of dollars into this issue, made numerous trips to my dealer and contacted Microsoft. I have done everything I could think of. I tested multiple devices and shared the info on this forum. There are only a couple of ipod versions that work properly and all other devices have problems (including those on GM's list of supported devices). I am so frustrated by GM's lack of response to this issue; they are clearly not prepared to support this type of technology. GM really needs to stop claiming they support these devices.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #251
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeSS2009 View Post
any word on the TSB?
Let me see what kind of info I can come up with. I'll send out an email to see where we are at.

Personally....and I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear....you can listen to your music in your car for the meantime using alternate methods. I know this is an issue that needs to be addressed (as I'm sure it has been many, many times), but see if you can use a thumb drive for the time being. It's an inexpensive fix.

For those who can't move the music to a USB drive, there is always a way...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #252
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I got DA/DX installed today