Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Ofers (2SSRS) plug and play harness for AAC Concept Mirrors

Alright guys so I got Ofers harness today and installed my mirrors along with the plug and play harness. The installation is very simple. I took some pictures to guide you along.

-First, you will obviously want to install your mirrors

-To install the harness you need to pop the covers off the top of the tail light compartment so you can get to the harness.

Ofer's harness:

Exposed tail light cavity with the harness:

-Unplug the harness

-Plug in Ofer's harness

To get the wire into the trunk, I slit the grommet that has the tail light wires going through it and pushed the white wire into the trunk.

I ran the white wire inside the trunk liner, under the rear seat and down the side of the car under the plastic trim.

To get the wire into the door I managed to run the wire through the existing harness into the door.

Once you get the wire into the door you will wire it up as follows:

For dual circuits using AAC's dual circuit harness
-The red wire in Ofer's haness will go to the red wire in the dual circuit harness
-The white wire will go to the orange wire in the AAC dual circuit harness

Without the dual circuit harness from AAC (parking lights only)
-The white wire in Ofer's harness will go to the red wire in AAC dual circuit harness.

For the ground (black wire hooked up to the mirror), I found a ground wire in the main harness of the door and used a t-tap to attach the ground. It is the thick black wire in the main harness.

Just repeat the process for the other side of the car and you're good to go.

Here is a video of the mirrors in action with dual circuits:

Last edited by Dtrimpi87; 11-24-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Without the dual circuit harness from AAC (parking lights only)
-The white wire in Ofer's harness will go to the red wire in AAC dual circuit harness.
I did not order the dual circuit harness from AAC, but I do not want to hook up to the parking lights. I want it to work as a blinker only. which wires would I hook up to so that they turn on with the blinkers only?
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
You will need to order the harness from Ofer so that they will hook up to the turn signals.
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
Dtrimpi87
Banned

This DIY may not be any good. We ran into an issue with the harness so Ofer is going to redesign it or if he can't make it work he's going to work on a harness that works off the front turn signals. The issue we found is that every time you push on the brake it activates the turn signal function on the mirror just without the blinking. Basically forward facing brake lights on your mirrors lol. It will be at least a week before he gets the new harness made so stay tuned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
I did not order the dual circuit harness from AAC, but I do not want to hook up to the parking lights. I want it to work as a blinker only. which wires would I hook up to so that they turn on with the blinkers only?
The problem I found with the harness has to do with the turn signal function so Ofer is working on a fix.

If you don't want to wait it would be easy to wire up. Coming out of the mirror is a black and white wire. The black is your ground. Use a T-tap and tap the black wire from the mirror to the thick black wire in the main harness inside the door. It will be obvious which black wire I'm talking about because it is thicker than all the other wires in the harness.

Next run a wire from the drivers side front turn signal into the drivers side door and connect it to the white wire coming out of the mirror. Run a wire from the passengers side front turn signal into the passengers side door and connect it to the white wire. That will give you just the turn signal function.

Tomorrow I will go out and look to see which color wire you need to tap into on the turn signals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
see post 73 here, i think the 3rd video show were you can hook up to the BCM wire for the turn signals only. or you can go out through the firewall and connect at the front turn signal (see 1st video) blue wire.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257334

i prefer not to hook at the BCM????why??? just me. but its an option hope this helps

lupe
Attached Images

overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I'm sure that Ofer will come up with a fix. At worst it's a $20 add on for a converter box to split the turn signal and brake signals.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
dlluinstra
David

Drives: 2010 LT2 RS Red Jewel Tint
I tapped into the wires at front turn signal for my mirror mounted turn signals.
dlluinstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #9
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Ok, I know this is an old thread, but do you guys know if Ofer's PNP harness for the Oracle side mirrors is still available?

I just checked the GEN5DIY website, and I can't find any PNP harness for this application.

I'm getting ready to install these mirrors, but before I take the plunge splicing and praying, I want to be 100% sure there is no PNP option that I'm missing out on.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #10
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Ok, I know this is an old thread, but do you guys know if Ofer's PNP harness for the Oracle side mirrors is still available?

I just checked the GEN5DIY website, and I can't find any PNP harness for this application.

I'm getting ready to install these mirrors, but before I take the plunge splicing and praying, I want to be 100% sure there is no PNP option that I'm missing out on.
You ever figure out if they still have it for sale?
Old 04-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #11
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
You ever figure out if they still have it for sale?
Never got a reply(back then in '14) if I recall correctly, so I concluded that they did not...not off the shelf anyways.

I'm sure if I had called them directly, a "custom" harness may have been conjured up, for a nominal fee ; ), but I didn't chase the matter because it really wasn't a priority for Sledge.

I just left the Oracle mirror markers as simple side markers, and no turn signal, although I did order them with the option of being capable of dual function.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #12
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
does this work or nah??
Old 06-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #13
JMichael

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1- Silver Ice
My email thread from Gen5DIY on this... No, they have not been made due to cost and the fact that you still have to run through the firewall. See my post on the DIY for the ACC concept Mirror install for the DIC install.

I couldn't agree with you more. No problem at all

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Jim Michael <jmichael@cmtengr.com> wrote:
Thanks for digging into this. It sounds like t-taps are going to be the way to go. I was hoping for a cleaner install, but the effort to tie in all of the harnesses at the front of the car and still run them back through the firewall and into the door for north of $250 makes the taps attractive.

I appreciate all of you help on this.

Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:42 PM
To: Jim Michael <>
Subject: Re: Gen5 DIY

Yeah he made that one and never went any further with it. The power will need to come from the front. for the signal to avoid the brake light issue. For the parking light you could simply tap into the window light switch as it is only lit when the side markers or headlights are on. If you wanted a harness made for the signal, without having to t-tap into the signal circuit, we could make it. Unfortunately it is not cheap as we need to use 2, stock gm front sockets as well as 2 stock pigtail's to make the adapters. You would be looking at 190 for the signal adapters. If you prefer not to use the window switch for parking lights we could build a custom one that received it's power from the bumper to body connection, similar to our dRL harness adapter. This would be $65

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 8:17 AM, Jim Michael <> wrote:
I have a 2013 ZL1, but all of these components should be general to the 2010- 2013 Camaro line.

Here is the link to Camaro5.com blog on the general install and equipment on the ACC lighting
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257334&highlight=oracle+concept+m irrors+installation

here is a link on a demo product that Gen5DIY reportedly made to develop a plug an play application to hook these up without splicing wires.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262367&highlight=2ssrs+concept

All in all, I think that I like the plug and play item from the Gen5 DYI as shown in the second link if something like this is available.

Thanks,

Jim

Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:41 AM
To: Jim Michael <>
Subject: Re: Gen5 DIY

I believe he made one at one time, but never put it into production. Can you send me a picture of the plug the mirror has. also what year and model is your camaro

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 8:01 AM, Jim Michael <> wrote:
Looking for the one for the light plug. The power wires for the mirror are plug and play but the lighting is dyi. There was something on camaro5 website that you had come up with a tail light harness that runs back to the door. Not sure if what success you had on that. It was a plug with white wire.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2016, at 9:16 AM, Gen5DIY Support <support@gen5diy.com> wrote:
Hi Jim, thank you for the inquiry. Unfortunately we do not have anything for that application. Are the added wires for the light circuit loose or are they incorporated into the mirror plug..

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 4:48 AM, Jim Michael <> wrote:
I am looking to looking to hook up a set of Oracle/ACC concept side view mirrors with the dual intensity circuit (parking light/turn signal) is there any plug and play harness out there to accomplish this? Thanks!
JMichael is offline   Reply With Quote