Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
Stroker
Boost God

Drives: Black 95 Z/28
action in huntsville on a thursday...

so i'm on my bike today just on my way home from work... and i deliberately drive down the road where alot of street racings goes on and i get there just in time to watch 2 kids race both of them could barely be 16 anyways 1 kid in a nissan 350z and the other kid in a new mustang GT so i think this might be interesting both of the cars are automatics so that made me giggle but i hear a little tune from the exhaust system on the 350z it's a slight wisp and i think oh crap the kid in the 350 is turbo'd it's a recirculating bov and i just think to myself this kid in the gt is about to get spanked... they launch the gt gets about a car link and when they pass us the 350 was spanking the gt by about 2 cars... so the kids park i go over and ask the kid with the 350 to let me see his turbo set up he claims he doesn't have one i told him i wasn't stupid blah blah he pulls his car further away and shows it to me... there they were 2 small turbos only 5 lbs of boost each... no front mount just 2 small turbos... kinda sneaky but not worth what i bet he paid for...
Old 06-06-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Why would he be secretive? Is the other guy stupid to not notice a hissing?

And two turbos with no IC? I've never had a turbo'ed car but I would think that a single turbo fine, but twin turbo no IC would get too hot.

Rather get a bigger single turbo.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
Twins
Baller Status

Drives: 01 Z06, LS6 bottom, LS7 top
having an IC really depends on the size of the turbo not the quantity but yeah having an IC is better one a twin set up... but see it's a very slight hum that almost sounds like a throttle body when it's a recirulating set up... like it sounds like u just punched the gas when u let off so alot of people really can't hear it... it really does just sounds like a throttle body
Twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Like...huntsville texas?

I live near there >.>
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote