Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #169
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I have 5 stacks right now thanks to Mr T

Heads/cams and stay N/A, RDP turbo, or tracy's RX SC??? Hmmmm...... or should I just trade her in for another scooby?? The new ford ST ecoboost is very tempting but not too crazy for FWD. If it was AWD I would of been all over that.

Decision, decision, decision....
Probably have to wait and see how the MACE cams turn out once their testing is done...then you can make that decision lol.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #170
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
I know, right? This thread is going to explode when the dyno numbers hit. Track times might be disappointing without supporting mods for traction, though. We saw it with Gretchen; but, now he's putting down low-mid 12's.
This is my thought also.Tracy can give you all the HP you want for your LLT.But i had traction problems at the track N/A,looks like im going to have to look into some suspensoin goodies now to help with traction
smoke1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #171
dereklburt

Drives: 2006 Lotus Elise GM 3.6DI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
I know, right? This thread is going to explode when the dyno numbers hit. Track times might be disappointing without supporting mods for traction, though. We saw it with Gretchen; but, now he's putting down low-mid 12's.

Im very excited to see the outcome. I just put a turbo 3.6DI engine in my Lotus but I am still finishing it up. Not to steal the thread but I am considering trading in my older 2004 CTS V on a newer 08 or 09 CTS 3.6DI with all wheel drive, expecially since I live in Michigan. Then I could drive it all year. Same 3.6 DI engine but the AWD would really put the power down. I was thinking it would be like a newer CTS V but better traction, and better insurance. It's a little heavier than the Camaro (about 300lbs) but with the awd and the power that Gretchen and some others are making, it would still be a rocket!
If the fuel limitation was figured out so the boost could go up a bit, eventually it might even surpass a new stock CTS V or even the new Camaro ZL1. (same goes for the V6 Camaro!). A CTS awd with enough power and suspension mods might then be a better competitor for "Godzilla" the GT-R as they had in Road & Track against the ZL1.

Great work guys! I am excited to see the results
dereklburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #172
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereklburt View Post
Im very excited to see the outcome. I just put a turbo 3.6DI engine in my Lotus but I am still finishing it up. Not to steal the thread but I am considering trading in my older 2004 CTS V on a newer 08 or 09 CTS 3.6DI with all wheel drive, expecially since I live in Michigan. Then I could drive it all year. Same 3.6 DI engine but the AWD would really put the power down. I was thinking it would be like a newer CTS V but better traction, and better insurance. It's a little heavier than the Camaro (about 300lbs) but with the awd and the power that Gretchen and some others are making, it would still be a rocket!
If the fuel limitation was figured out so the boost could go up a bit, eventually it might even surpass a new stock CTS V or even the new Camaro ZL1. (same goes for the V6 Camaro!). A CTS awd with enough power and suspension mods might then be a better competitor for "Godzilla" the GT-R as they had in Road & Track against the ZL1.

Great work guys! I am excited to see the results
you have to post up some pics and more info or start a new thread on your lotus/gm transformation That thing is going to be sick just calculating the hp/weight. Probably will handle like is on rails and go like a horse arse on fire LOL
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #173
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
I have 5 stacks right now thanks to Mr T

Heads/cams and stay N/A, RDP turbo, or tracy's RX SC??? Hmmmm...... or should I just trade her in for another scooby?? The new ford ST ecoboost is very tempting but not too crazy for FWD. If it was AWD I would of been all over that.

Decision, decision, decision....
Just SuperCharge it and call it a day.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #174
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
We do Turbo and SC for all the GM 3.6 platforms
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #175
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Just SuperCharge it and call it a day.

That's the plan for now but after I see what the SC is worth in 1/4 and dyno. If all we are talking is low 13 second than I might have to reconsider the SC. I guess we will all find out in due time. More time to gather more thoughts and save up more money is all good I refuse to make another mistake of rushing into things without properly knowing everything I need to know before making a big jump. I don't regret my V6 camaro decision but I swear I made the decision on this car within a week and cancelled my mustang at the last minute of signing on the dotted line. If I known then what I know now about my V6 camaro... I don't think I would have chosen this car for my specific purpose, and def not the mustang either. I miss my scooby LOL
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #176
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
That's the plan for now but after I see what the SC is worth in 1/4 and dyno. If all we are talking is low 13 second than I might have to reconsider the SC. I guess we will all find out in due time. More time to gather more thoughts and save up more money is all good I refuse to make another mistake of rushing into things without properly knowing everything I need to know before making a big jump. I don't regret my V6 camaro decision but I swear I made the decision on this car within a week and cancelled my mustang at the last minute of signing on the dotted line. If I known then what I know now about my V6 camaro... I don't think I would have chosen this car for my specific purpose, and def not the mustang either. I miss my scooby LOL
To be honest I don't think your going to be happy until you have another WRX. Smokes car pulls just as hard if not harder than my Evo did and it wasn't stock. And we are talking about a boat (Camaro) compared to the Evo in regards to weight to power ratio. I know my TT is faster than my Evo was with all it's extra weight. And my TT kit is still in need of some tweaks to be at 100%. Oh and Bmore I maybe coming around you way soon. Fiancee got offered a nice job up there teaching. So we will see if a move will happen not 100% yet alot to consider first.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #177
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Oh, just shit or get off the pot already!!! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #178
SIXJAK

Quote:
Yeah I know whatchu mean. When I purchased I had the choice of SS or 2LT RS. At the time of purchase, Lingenfelter an Hennesseywere promising the moon, the Jay Leno concept was looming large so for me the V6 seemed the more interesting way to go. 2 years later here we are, finally. Lots of cool ppl got us here. You're one of them.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #179
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Please do the dyno on the best "normal" day possible.

Low humidity. Good air. Nice cut grass. A sunday.

If you stick your finger out and a blue jay lands on hit, put the car on the trailer and tell your crew "Gentlemen...we move."
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #180
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
To be honest I don't think your going to be happy until you have another WRX. Smokes car pulls just as hard if not harder than my Evo did and it wasn't stock. And we are talking about a boat (Camaro) compared to the Evo in regards to weight to power ratio. I know my TT is faster than my Evo was with all it's extra weight. And my TT kit is still in need of some tweaks to be at 100%. Oh and Bmore I maybe coming around you way soon. Fiancee got offered a nice job up there teaching. So we will see if a move will happen not 100% yet alot to consider first.
really!? ask her where for me if she don't mind sharing of course

One thing that the camaro give me that a scooby can't give now is probably a challenge. If I was to get a wrx or STi today I would probably know exactly what to do. Cobb/turbo easy! among many other proven methods of course since 2001.
I have to admit, there will always be a very special place for suby's some where in my heart. When I still see a bug eye wrb wrx, it still give me the goose bumps. My fiance still call it a neon LOL I'm sure I will own another suby soon or later. WRX is going to be a brand of it's own I heard starting 2014 or 2015. Alot of rumors last time I looked into it. I respect the challenge our v6 camaro offer tho, and there are many other quality traits about the camaro that I still haven't been able to part with. I think another problem with me is that I know this is going to be it. Whatever decision I make there's no turning back, so this decision has to be perfect, well considered and proven. Is not like I have money falling from the tree and can play with different turbos and super chargers LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Oh, just shit or get off the pot already!!! LOL!
Uhh kaaay Mr "I am finished modding"

You guys heard that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Yeah I know whatchu mean. When I purchased I had the choice of SS or 2LT RS. At the time of purchase, Lingenfelter an Hennesseywere promising the moon, the Jay Leno concept was looming large so for me the V6 seemed the more interesting way to go. 2 years later here we are, finally. Lots of cool ppl got us here. You're one of them.
As much as I used to enjoy nasioc I would never go back to that forum ever ever again. That forum is now ruled by 16 yrs old rice burners. I been around a few forums for a few different cars in the past and I have to admit, I haven't met more cool peoples on other forums as I have in just 1 year being on this forum You guys are def more mature and intellectual crowd, although there are a few bumps along the crowd, but I guess that's expected.

Jak, when I got the camaro it was like a overnight decision. I remember saying to myself, the car has 312hp and 278ft lb of tq, how slow could it be LOL... I certainly didn't realize it was almost 4000lb LOL.. No regrets here.. I'm just glad that we are not in the same situation as 2011. Now only if HPT can just make it to the playground
Old 03-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #181
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
really!? ask her where for me if she don't mind sharing of course

One thing that the camaro give me that a scooby can't give now is probably a challenge. If I was to get a wrx or STi today I would probably know exactly what to do. Cobb/turbo easy! among many other proven methods of course since 2001.
I have to admit, there will always be a very special place for suby's some where in my heart. When I still see a bug eye wrb wrx, it still give me the goose bumps. My fiance still call it a neon LOL I'm sure I will own another suby soon or later. WRX is going to be a brand of it's own I heard starting 2014 or 2015. Alot of rumors last time I looked into it. I respect the challenge our v6 camaro offer tho, and there are many other quality traits about the camaro that I still haven't been able to part with. I think another problem with me is that I know this is going to be it. Whatever decision I make there's no turning back, so this decision has to be perfect, well considered and proven. Is not like I have money falling from the tree and can play with different turbos and super chargers LOL.

Uhh kaaay Mr "I am finished modding"

You guys heard that right

As much as I used to enjoy nasioc I would never go back to that forum ever ever again. That forum is now ruled by 16 yrs old rice burners. I been around a few forums for a few different cars in the past and I have to admit, I haven't met more cool peoples on other forums as I have in just 1 year being on this forum You guys are def more mature and intellectual crowd, although there are a few bumps along the crowd, but I guess that's expected.

Jak, when I got the camaro it was like a overnight decision. I remember saying to myself, the car has 312hp and 278ft lb of tq, how slow could it be LOL... I certainly didn't realize it was almost 4000lb LOL.. No regrets here.. I'm just glad that we are not in the same situation as 2011. Now only if HPT can just make it to the playground
Hey, my wife said new tires is NOT a mod! LOL!

When I bought my Camaro, i new nothing about it... i had seen a couple pictures but it really didn't do anything for me... no real interest in it.. But to see what all the hub-bub was about I stopped by a dealership, had some time to kill before meeting the Mrs. for lunch.... took one look and pretty much bought it on the spot! I just assumed a tuner would be out shortly... i just assumed some time after that a turbo or supercharger would be out...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #182
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Hey, my wife said new tires is NOT a mod! LOL!

When I bought my Camaro, i new nothing about it... i had seen a couple pictures but it really didn't do anything for me... no real interest in it.. But to see what all the hub-bub was about I stopped by a dealership, had some time to kill before meeting the Mrs. for lunch.... took one look and pretty much bought it on the spot! I just assumed a tuner would be out shortly... i just assumed some time after that a turbo or supercharger would be out...
And now you have a box to put it in lol. At least you've stuck around and imparted your knowledge and wisdom to the rest of us