Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Titanum cat-back exhaust group buy

I just spent several minutes talking to Patrick at Litespeed. If there is significant interest he is willing to set-up group buy for complete titanium 3" cat back exhaust. He will build yours with whichever tips you want SS, ZL1, Z28. His anticipated cost is $2500. He estimates the full cat back exhaust will weigh about 25-27 pounds. Stock system is around 70 pounds and 2 1/2". It will take him about 45 days to fabricate all of the systems once the trigger is pulled. PM me if you are interested. Here is a link to his web site.

http://litespeed-racing.myshopify.co...tanium-exhaust

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #2
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Nice!
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Synner

Drives: cars
- Would it be a full titanium x-pipe as well? I seem to recall the last setup having a stainless crossover.
- How loud are these? Sound? Deep or tinny?
- Quad tips included in price?
- How well does titanium hold up over time compared to 304?
- Would he be able to do a connection for ARH headers or would these all be factory connect?
My fear is I will be deployed the next year so zero ability to test fit or inspect if I were to buy now.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
Andy-AMSOIL

Drives: bicycle
Is it worth it... why not just 304 SS
Andy-AMSOIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
If they make a 3" version thats all Titanium id consider it, but id want to hear the setup first and see dyno #'s before dropping $2500 on an untested/unknown setup.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:48 PM   #6
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
They already make an axle back.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
- Would it be a full titanium x-pipe as well? I seem to recall the last setup having a stainless crossover.
- Would he be able to do a connection for ARH headers or would these all be factory connect?
My fear is I will be deployed the next year so zero ability to test fit or inspect if I were to buy now.
Good questions. Bad ass pieces though, very trick!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
The x-pipe is a lot harder to make with titanium. For this price I told him I could do without the x-pipe. If you must have an x-pipe I could run that by him maybe for another pricing option.
-I don't know what the actual decibel level will be until we put them on a car but some of the road racing venues have sound volume limits so I have asked him to muffle it as much as possible without adding an airflow restriction. Titanium has very little elasticity so it does not ring at all if you tap it with another metal. It makes for a very true and deep sound.
- price includes tip of your choice, quads or the large dual.
- titanium is very similar to aluminum regarding oxidation. It eventually gets dusty on the surface and the surface dust inhibits deep oxidation so It will last virtually as long as stainless or aluminum.
- Titanium is a little hard to cut so if you need a specific length at the front he could probably accommodate that as long he knows in advance. He is going to make all the bends the same but each system will be individually made, a little customization may be done to fit your particular headers.
Thanks for your service. The best I can say is, if you have to go, it will be here with your car when you get home. If you have any problem with install keep my number and I'll make sure we find a way to make the install work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-AMSOIL View Post
Is it worth it... why not just 304 SS
Titanium can take heat as well as steel, it is stronger than steel, and it weighs less than half as much. If someone wanted to shed weight this is a very good spot to lose 50 pounds. A lot of places where you take weight off the car you compromise safety or something else. A 3" titanium exhaust will have less back pressure and less weight. win-win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz1LE View Post
If they make a 3" version thats all Titanium id consider it, but id want to hear the setup first and see dyno #'s before dropping $2500 on an untested/unknown setup.
This system will be 3" and 100% titanium including all muffler components and hanger loops. I could probably dyno my car with the 3" magna flow system that will come off and then dyno it with the titanium system after install. I don't expect any difference but hey you never know. My dyno on titanium is going to take at least 45 days before I get my system. If you want to wait for another production run he will have the specs but I can't guarantee the price after the initial group buy. He may decide after the initial build he needs more money for the system to be profitable for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
They already make an axle back.
The axle back system is 2 1/2" pipe with SS dual tips. As of today, he still has that on sale for $1000. If you want to stay with 2 1/2" pipe, most of the weight savings is in the mufflers so this is a good economical choice. Contact Patrick directly at the litespeed link I put on the first post.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.

Last edited by jessrayo; 07-26-2014 at 02:20 PM.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #9
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
I was just putting the info out there for the guys who didn't know they were already making a camaro axle back, I went though too much just to get the NPP added to my car to look at this now...I will add, however, the NPP is a crap-ton heavier than the stainless works retro I pulled off.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote