Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Gumbys69

Drives: Yellow SS
Gibson shorty headers, worth it if really cheap?

I have a chance to get some brand new Gibson shorty headers for my 11 SS (auto) for next to nothing. I have read that they won't do much for performance so I'm debating if I should get them or not and just leave the stock manifolds on it. Really it would just be my time to install them that it costs me. Anyone running these and had any issues with leaks/fitment etc??
Gumbys69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbys69 View Post
I have a chance to get some brand new Gibson shorty headers for my 11 SS (auto) for next to nothing. I have read that they won't do much for performance so I'm debating if I should get them or not and just leave the stock manifolds on it. Really it would just be my time to install them that it costs me. Anyone running these and had any issues with leaks/fitment etc??
Hook them up to a set of high flow cats for better results...not as much as longtubes but still a good enough hp bump. I have the jba shorties so i cant comment on fitment. But for the price your paying im saying go for it...just keep your stock manifolds.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote