Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #435
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Just sad. I hope you are made whole the way you should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
Old 12-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #436
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
Wow,,,

I don't know how I will be able to take my car in for State inspection.
I think the Mechanic is requied to drive it.
iv never heard of a inspection where they had to drive it
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 12-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #437
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
You know, when you put it in those terms, I still think the OP only gets made whole with a new car.

Let me put it like this, now that you phrase it this way. If I had my Rolex, which I purchased new, in for repairs and it disappeared, I would not accept so called "market value" or a replacement used watch. I would take exactly and only a new equivalent.

That being stated, we're sitting here thinking that a new ZL1 will cost the dealership some unimaginable amount of money over what the insurance payout will be. Wrong, it wouldn't cost them that much. They wouldn't pay a sales commission on it and they would be paying actual cost on it. So basically they are being putzes by not just saying they'll take care of it.

Doesn't matter that much to me. I'll probably never be in a position to buy from that dealership as I probably won't live anywhere near there for no other reason than just because. But you never know what jobs might come my way. However, I'm sure this will end up costing them some business from members on this forum that will buy a car in that area at some point in the future and will drive a little further to go to another dealership.

Sorry I missed the live stream. Hopefully it will be up on the news' site soon for viewing.
What you dont understand is that a dealer may only make 1k to 3k per ZL1 sold some cars they make 500 bucks each..dealers make more money on parts,and the service center....selling cars is what gets the customer to the dealer,its like a movie theater ,movies gets you there,and the main money maker is the concession stand..
They make more on used cars then on new cars,believe it or not...there is more room to help him out with a used car....the dealer can find one through is dealer trade system.....I really do not understand why people think that that he is owed anything more than what he had....period....If the pay out is close enough to the cost of a new one,say 3k then by all means give him a new one..good luck i dont see it happening,but who knows maybe all of this might allow him to get over on it..(i think that would be fine,as long as the thief has to pay for it in jail time,that's my issue with this)I am going to tell you the some more truth...the OP that used to own the ZL1 only makes 9 bucks a hr..and that why he is doing all of this because he knows that he will never have the cash again to get another one....at least that's what he told me(not sure if its a sad story)....he traded his cars so he could get it...so maybe some of you guys that are so big on him getting another will help pay for it if it means so much to you...me i am more worried about kids going hungry in this country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to sound cold about it,but its a insurance settlement period,if he wanted to get new apples for 2 yr old apples then he should of had the brains to purchase collectors insurance that pays replacement value for the car,not used value which is what 99% of most people get on street driven cars...
Old 12-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #438
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
What you dont understand is that a dealer may only make 1k to 3k per ZL1 sold some cars they make 500 bucks each..dealers make more money on parts,and the service center....selling cars is what gets the customer to the dealer,its like a movie theater ,movies gets you there,and the main money maker is the concession stand..
They make more on used cars then on new cars,believe it or not...there is more room to help him out with a used car....the dealer can find one through is dealer trade system.....I really do not understand why people think that that he is owed anything more than what he had....period....If the pay out is close enough to the cost of a new one,say 3k then by all means give him a new one..good luck i dont see it happening,but who knows maybe all of this might allow him to get over on it..(i think that would be fine,as long as the thief has to pay for it in jail time,that's my issue with this)I am going to tell you the some more truth...the OP that used to own the ZL1 only makes 9 bucks a hr..and that why he is doing all of this because he knows that he will never have the cash again to get another one....at least that's what he told me(not sure if its a sad story)....he traded his cars so he could get it...so maybe some of you guys that are so big on him getting another will help pay for it if it means so much to you...me i am more worried about kids going hungry in this country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to sound cold about it,but its a insurance settlement period,if he wanted to get new apples for 2 yr old apples then he should of had the brains to purchase collectors insurance that pays replacement value for the car,not used value which is what 99% of most people get on street driven cars...

We get what your saying again and again about how little they make but this doesn't change the fact the the dealership owner needs to eat this one because now he's lost way more then that in bad PR and public opinion. The business lost and now shady reputation is far more damning then the 53kish he should have eaten right off to make things right. Before you get all mighty again for most of us here it's not about his 53kish car being totaled it's the situation and how it's been handled if you were in the car owners seat you'd expect what we're all chastising the dealership owner for aswell.

Easier way of explaining make it right with the car owner and deal with the theif after would've been the best way to deal with it they can still comp the insurance afterwards anyway for this.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 12-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #439
gen=5

Thought you would like to see what is said about the purchase of a wreck ZL1 and how its posted to sell!!! this is what the headline said....They are asking 33k for the car..the whole body is twisted,the dash is uneven,the rear deck lid is uneven,the right side of the car is even twisted,the body is pretty much unfix-able..the only way this car could be worth 33k is if it stayed in this condition in the a/c for maybe 50 yrs,and a mint ZL1 became worth 300k,lol savage yards are just freaking nuts...its worth maybe 20k at best.....yes it starts,,: this is posted on ebay !!!!

You are looking at an awesome, like-new, low-mile, and rare, 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, the fastest Camaro ever produced.
On a good note; This Camaro starts and lot drives and there is no visible damage to the motor or the power train.

The interior is in great shape, all original and very clean. It comes with weather tech all-weather rubber floor mats, owner's manuals, and original window sticker.
The driver's front, side and curtain airbags deployed. The headliner is fine and can be re-used
This Camaro has everything and is equipped with the ZL1 options which include
Sport Bucket Seats with Interior Sueded Microfiber
Launch Control
Performance Traction Management System
Magnetic Ride Suspension
Navigation
Boston Premium Audio
20" Premium Wheels with Performance Tires
Automatic HID Headlamps
Brembo Brakes
Power Sunroof
Quad Exhaust System
Rear Spoiler
Not to mention a mind blowing, 580HP 6.2L Supercharged LSA V8 Motor with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission and much more...

In a nutshell; this Camaro is almost new, and is the most powerful production Camaro ever made. It is an excellent project whether you are building for your self, re-sale or especially if you are looking to customize or race.
The sticker price on this Camaro was over $61,000.00
Take advantage of our LOW PRICE and buy with confidence. You will not be disappointed. This is a rare chance to own a ZL1 at a fraction of its cost!
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #440
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
We get what your saying again and again about how little they make but this doesn't change the fact the the dealership owner needs to eat this one because now he's lost way more then that in bad PR and public opinion. The business lost and now shady reputation is far more damning then the 53kish he should have eaten right off to make things right. Before you get all mighty again for most of us here it's not about his 53kish car being totaled it's the situation and how it's been handled if you were in the car owners seat you'd expect what we're all chastising the dealership owner for aswell.

Easier way of explaining make it right with the car owner and deal with the thief after would've been the best way to deal with it they can still comp the insurance afterwards anyway for this.
YES ,i understand ,and What the op should of done was take the high road,and wait till the insurance had done the investigation,as well as the police dept,and waited till the dust settled ,and see what is being offered to him,all of which none of that has even been done.This guy thinks that his car can be wrecked one day,and then he should get a replacement within a week.Please none of this should of even been started until any of those things where settled.What if the insurance comes back,and settles with enough to replace it,yet,now all of this damage has been done to the dealer all for no reason,and the dealer decides to sue the OP for damaging his business for no reason..Trust me it happens every day...why do you think the OP is not jumping up and down as loud,and is going to say yes i lit the match ,but tried to to not fan the flames,once he realized what the correct path should of been,god insurance settlements can take months ,he has a free loaner car for now...I would of tried my best to work with both parties until i reach a point of no return,paid to have a lawyer send a letter...then started all of this,because then you have shown that the dealer was not going to help you,and then that when i reached out for the help of the web,etc.....ANYWAY I really hope it works out for both of them... I know it may sound like i am on the dealers side,I am on neither side...until i see the final out come..
Old 12-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #441
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
YES ,i understand ,and What the op should of done was take the high road,and wait till the insurance had done the investigation,as well as the police dept,and waited till the dust settled ,and see what is being offered to him,all of which none of that has even been done.This guy thinks that his car can be wrecked one day,and then he should get a replacement within a week.Please none of this should of even been started until any of those things where settled.What if the insurance comes back,and settles with enough to replace it,yet,now all of this damage has been done to the dealer all for no reason,and the dealer decides to sue the OP for damaging his business for no reason..Trust me it happens every day...why do you think the OP is not jumping up and down as loud,and is going to say yes i lit the match ,but tried to to not fan the flames,once he realized what the correct path should of been,god insurance settlements can take months ,he has a free loaner car for now...I would of tried my best to work with both parties until i reach a point of no return,paid to have a lawyer send a letter...then started all of this,because then you have shown that the dealer was not going to help you,and then that when i reached out for the help of the web,etc.....ANYWAY I really hope it works out for both of them... I know it may sound like i am on the dealers side,I am on neither side...until i see the final out come..

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Old 12-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #442
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
They replaced the drivers side door? Why not put on a set of fenders while they are at it.

Edit: that's not Mr. Hooper's car.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #443
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Quote:

Right up until small town politics, a donation to the mayors campaign, to the state policemans ball, and a promise of future support if all this goes away.....
Sometimes you have to shine a bright light into the dark corners and hope you can deal with what crawls out.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #444
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Quote:
Yea, it could have been settled differently if the dealership hadn't told him that he wasnt going to get their insurance info, that they werent going to fix it, and it wasnt their responsibility.

Not OPs fault at all, and you arent very considerate of other people it sounds like. If you were in this situation, im sure you would have handled it the same way or even worse.
Ignorant.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #445
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
OMH! I'm looking at a First State Chevrolet add right now on camaro5.com Wow the magic of the internet I guess. Just seems like a cruel coincidence.
The adds are because you likely went to their website or Facebook page.

They aren't really advertising their. It's probably google ads. Delete/clear your cookies
Old 12-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #446
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Crapshoot

It's all a crapshoot either way it was handled poorly by the dealership i'm not claiming to be an expert on insurance but when i went thru a falling tree on the highway during sandy thank god it was only the fender and some scratches the other guy couldn't miss it and his car was totaled the insurance took all of 3 days from report to claim finalization. The place i took it to not so much on the repair time... What i'm getting at with a high profile meaning on the local and now national news case like this insurance doesn't need to wait for a police report to act. It's criminal mischief and grand theft auto among probably 4 or 5 others things vandalism, clear unsafe operation of a vehicle etc. But they have all the details they don't need some piece of paper from a man in dark blue to move forward. Why the dealership owner went this route is anyones guess but he dropped a match on a can of jet fuel when he could've cleaned it up and i know the OP could've handled it differently but he's under duress clearly with this anyone would be so as long as he doesn't spew to much more of anything else he'll be fine. The dealership is screwed after the mishandling of this and the police department is clearly local yocal buddy buddy with the places owner i'm making this assesment solely based on their foot dragging.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #447
Jstephen

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS LT2 45th
This is a sad but yet fascinating post. I wish you the best on this case.
I might have over looked this in all of the pages, but have you contacted and had any satisfaction with the GM customer service department?
Also have the state police been contacted about this case? If the local cannot help, then the state should.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #448
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Quote:

I don't agree with you at all. I've worked at a dealer for 10 years and your points are irrelevant. What does making much money on a ZL1 have to do with anything?

From a dealerships insurance perspective it is a drawn out process as I've been through it multiple times. Sometimes the dealership is told by the insurance we will handle this keep your mouth shut. I do know that it's a hard situation to be in. I see the numbers from an internal perspective and that $60k will take that dealer over a year to pay off. I work for a corporate dealer and manage a service dept. of 25 employees. Our dept. doesn't know if it will make money until the last 2-5 days of the month because of fixed expenses. We also have most of our cars that cost that amount if not double.

Most of the time the insurance pays over what the customer would normally get.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1