Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #141
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgrabosky View Post
Got them in today, it took a little longer than I thought so I didn't get the chance to play with the ride height and get it perfectly level. So that'll be a project in the next few days. I did have a few questions, maybe you can help with.

1. I have a 2012 so on the front I had the white foam peice that cannot be reused, but I saw you had one. But the assembly of the top looked like you had another peice, did you?

2. How easy is it to adjust the height while the coilover is on the car?

3. The rears seem to make a noise when I hit larger jumps, yet I know everything is tight, do you have a problem with this?

Once I find a good ride height I will get it aligned and time everything so maybe that's some of the noise, I'm not quite sure.
1. I'm it sure what piece your referring too. The only thing that goes on the front bushing is the coil cap. It's a red aluminum piece that fits between the spring an the bushing.

2. It fairly easy. I've done it a few times but you must realign the car every time you do it. I bought a lifetime alignment so it's no big deal. The guys at the local discount tire center take good card of me.

3. The only noise I experienced was due to a loose sway bar bolt. Once I found it there was no noise issues at all. You might want to recheck everything after about 500 or 1000 miles once everything settles into place.

Hope this helps!
Matt

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #142
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Damn! I'd be all over these in a second if I didn't have to cut a hole in my trunk floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
You dont have to but it makes it easier to adjust ride settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Hunter is right, its only required if you plan on messing with the adjuster a lot. If you don't want to drill a hole just set it to 15 or 20 and install it. No hole required.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #143
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Hunter is right, its only required if you plan on messing with the adjuster a lot. If you don't want to drill a hole just set it to 15 or 20 and install it. No hole required.
Damn really? You're about to make me order some. Wasn't there a link to buy them for $730 shipped?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #144
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Damn really? You're about to make me order some. Wasn't there a link to buy them for $730 shipped?
I don't remember. I know Ohio speed, a forum sponser sells them now. Might get a good deal through him.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #145
ss/rs-matt

Try here

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288392

Old 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #146
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Here's the site I bought mine from. They raised the price a little though.

http://www.1xracing.com/megan_racing.../i-519832.aspx
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #147
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Damn! I'd be all over these in a second if I didn't have to cut a hole in my trunk floor.
For me I don't see cutting a whole in the trunk as an issue. Makes it a heck of a lot easier to make adjustments.

I know there people that just feel like they would be chopping up there car but out of curiosity, what are your concerns with cutting a whole?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #148
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
For me I don't see cutting a whole in the trunk as an issue. Makes it a heck of a lot easier to make adjustments.

I know there people that just feel like they would be chopping up there car but out of curiosity, what are your concerns with cutting a whole?
Mostly structural integrity. I fear the hole being a weak spot.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #149
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Looks great ss/rs matt, man wish i could do this,maybe next year, or the next year,i really want those Recaros hey i see were neighbors, are you going to be running Fontana on Aug.11th?
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #150
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Looks great ss/rs matt, man wish i could do this,maybe next year, or the next year,i really want those Recaros hey i see were neighbors, are you going to be running Fontana on Aug.11th?
Thank you! I would like too. I haven't been there since last year. Such a fun track. I've had a few upgrades since them so my lap times should be much better :-)

Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #151
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Yeah, i would think those upgrades will rock.Speedventures is running Aug.10-11 hope to see you there.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #152
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Mostly structural integrity. I fear the hole being a weak spot.
If you saw them in person you would probably change your mind on that. It's very little metal removed in comparison to the whole trunk.

I've had the wholes in my trunk for about 1 year and 8 months. No issues what so ever.

Now, if you had a '12 or '13 you could get by with the small whole for the extensions since you'll need them for the change in the trunk anyway. Actually, as far as that goes you could use the extensions even your car. Those only require something like a 1/2" whole.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #153
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
I love mine. Car rides and handles awesome. I paid for a lifetime alignment at my local tire shop and they will re-align for me for free if I change ride height or if I'm going to the track and want some more camber dialed in. I've played with different ride heights and I'm happy with where it is at now which is about 1.5" lower than stock. I love the stance it has.

I added a supercharger recently and with my 4.10 gears I was having traction issues because I was over powering the rear tires so much. I played with the adjustments, soften up the rear to about 10 and the fronts to about 14. The car immediately hooked better due to better weight transfer.

These coilovers are awesome for the money.
I'm thinking its update time how long have you had these coilovers on your car now? how many miles have you put on them and are you still liking them? Any noises develop with them yet? Anything changes to ride or are they just as good as the day you put them on? Thanks bud, appreciate the time and effort updating this thread. Your car looks great!!!
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #154
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Getting a set of these. How are they holding up OP? Anyone have any problems with them?
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote