Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #43
BOWTIEBOB
BOWTIEBOB

Drives: 13&17 ZL1,13 427,11 SS,15 Z06,19ZR1
Wink

You have a great looking ZL1 there. I took delivery of my 2013 BRM ZL1 Convertible 08/29/2012. I ordered the color sight unseen based on a general description of what it would look like. I am very pleased. It is similar in nature to prior GM color Carbon Flash Metallic except this is a blue/indigo color hue. That's how the purple cast can appear under certain light conditions. Close examination of the paint reveals very fine silver, green, blue and purple metallic particles within. I am following the Chevrolet engineer's direction for a 1500 mile break-in period when sudden WOT starts, prolonged steady speed driving or sudden deceleration are not recommended. Good luck to you and your new ZL1.
BOWTIEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #44
identtwin2

Drives: none, 2013 ZL1 vert on order
Congratulations ! Your 2013 BRM ZL1 Convertible is beautiful.Would you please take a moment and comment on the 2013 convertible top......fit, functionality,mechanical and or appearance( changes you may see from the 12, or 11, latches,rear window sealing, improvements,etc .............i am hopeful to hear your total satisfaction! thank you.
identtwin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #45
68 Chevelle

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIEBOB View Post
You have a great looking ZL1 there. I took delivery of my 2013 BRM ZL1 Convertible 08/29/2012. I ordered the color sight unseen based on a general description of what it would look like. I am very pleased. It is similar in nature to prior GM color Carbon Flash Metallic except this is a blue/indigo color hue. That's how the purple cast can appear under certain light conditions. Close examination of the paint reveals very fine silver, green, blue and purple metallic particles within. I am following the Chevrolet engineer's direction for a 1500 mile break-in period when sudden WOT starts, prolonged steady speed driving or sudden deceleration are not recommended. Good luck to you and your new ZL1.
Thanks BowTieBob. Congrats to you as well. I really like the color. The car just looks like it wants to go fast, even when it is just parked. The different looks make it very interesting. I have 107 miles now. I was waiting to have a clear bra installed to take it out more. That was finished yesterday, so here come the miles. Can't wait until break-in is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by identtwin2 View Post
Congratulations ! Your 2013 BRM ZL1 Convertible is beautiful.Would you please take a moment and comment on the 2013 convertible top......fit, functionality,mechanical and or appearance( changes you may see from the 12, or 11, latches,rear window sealing, improvements,etc .............i am hopeful to hear your total satisfaction! thank you.
Mine isn't a convertible. Maybe BowTieBob above can comment on the convertible top quality.
68 Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote