Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #15
Mongo RS

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Update:
I took the car to the dealership where I bought it and after having their technician look at it, seems that the previous owner spilled coffee in the console shorting out the USB and PDIM module itself.

While the car was sold to me without any kind of warranty they still wanted to take care of me so they have offered to replace the PDIM for $240 out the door. Can't complain about that and they also hooked me up with a spare key for $70! They do swear up and down that only cars equipped with the MyLink head unit have audio Bluetooth. We'll see.

BTW. You're right that I didn't explicitly state that I tried pushing the CD/AUX button more than once in rapid succession but I assure you I did. . Thanks for the ideas though!

Scott
FYI, I can link my phone to the Bluetooth for both phone calls and music at the same time, I just have to select the music connection manually on my phone. I can have Pandora playing and take calls as well.

The bluetooth work surprisingly well, a lot better than Sync in Ford products.
Mongo RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #16
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS
the soft and hard version on mine is Cx. However, my Bluetooth and ipod works fine... haven't tried streaming as I don't currently have any streaming subscriptions. The replacement PDIM is hard to find. None of the places that advertise them on sale have it IN STOCK.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #17
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by el-guapin View Post
the soft and hard version on mine is Cx. However, my Bluetooth and ipod works fine... haven't tried streaming as I don't currently have any streaming subscriptions. The replacement PDIM is hard to find. None of the places that advertise them on sale have it IN STOCK.
I don't think you need a new PDIM, just get a dealer to flash it to proper version, this should be covered by a service notice. If someone wanted to buy a new PDIM I am sure Maureen at Rodgers could get one quickly.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by el-guapin View Post
if your unit is working like it should....no reason to do anything.....not every ones acts up.....that is why GM put out a TSB, not a recall.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
A new PDIM can be had for about $140 so I don't think they are doing you any favors, JMO.
well the dealer is charging him for the part.....and the labor to install it....that's why its $240.....however, they aren't doing him a favor, as that is what it would have cost for ANY ONE to have one installed.

IF they wanted to make it right, since they either didn't know at the time of the sale that it was defective OR they forgot to tell him that it didn't work......they should have put in a new PDIM at no charge.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #20
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks for the feedback guys. Seem they were less than honest about the cost of the PDIM. I'm just going to get another stereo with a touchscreen. I'll not be giving that dealership another dime.

I don't have the time or energy to deal with people like that.

Scott
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #21
1962MarkVI

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 2LT/RS
My car is doing the exact thing yours is. In the 2010, there are 2 PDIM modules. One under the passenger seat and one under the center console. The one defective in this case is the one under the console. I got a quote from my dealer for $492 to have it replaced/reprogrammed. I'm thinking the dealer charge you for the part and not the labor. For what it's worth, I don't think you were taken. I think it's a poor design that wasn't thought out well enough in advance.
1962MarkVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #22
RobSoden

Drives: Red 2011 Chevy Camaro
I have replaced mine

I have replaced mine with the new updated version pdim, and updated software and the Bluetooth just went out again after two months.

When I first got the car, the radio wouldn't say aux-in at all no matter what buttons were pushed. Dealer told me i needed a new radio because my cd/aux button was broken. $600 I said yeah right.... I could switch from cd to the radio with no issues. I replaced the $180 pdim. but before i did the software update. I plugged my old one back in and it worked bluetooth and usb.... I already spent the $180 one part and went ahead and did the software update $80. Now two months after the fact. I thought this issue was resolved. my Bluetooth quit working but the usb still works fine.
My personal opinion is that the car generates to much heat under the console and fries the damn circuits in the pdim.

I want an aftermarket stereo but I hate the way the install kits look.
RobSoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #23
americanaut

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a similar problem, maybe someone from here has any other idea. Got my 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS last week, but am not able to get AUX or USB to work. I managed to set up my iPhone 5S without any problems, but just to use it as a phone. No music via Bluetooth, as it seems.

So far, I tried two different USB devices, even differently formatted. No success. I tried an AUX cable with my iPhone - same result, no success.

Can't even find out the system version; no matter how long I push the Select/Menu button, there's no SW menu appearing. Does this mean I have a different system, or is it just not working? Interestingly enough, the little light on the USB device was illuminated, so there is power.

I'm thankful for any useful recommendation.
americanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:29 AM   #24
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

If you are in "Aux" Mode and hold the select menu button for 3 seconds, you should see the HW/SW version on the screen while button is held. If you don't your PDIM in NOT working correctly. Same thing if you can't get to an "aux" state on the screen at all as well.
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:35 AM   #25
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

I just changed mine out as well. I was having constant indexing and USB failures. Also I could pair everything but my tablet to the stereo. I bought PN#20985421 from Amazon as it's the ONLY one on the planet that is still available. It gave me DB/DB HW/SW version. Now my USB doesn't recognize at all, BUT the tablet now pairs, lol. 'm hoping I can go to the dealer and get the whole thing flashed to DD/DD and it will all work right? As I understand it from the over 100 pages on similar threads, Only the last two recent PDIM's can be flashed forward to current firmware spec. Since I already had PDIM I was under the impression that it would be plug and play. But that is proving not to be the case:/
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:40 PM   #26
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Scott, obviously you have an issue.....but before you go to the dealer, find out which PDIM Hardware/Software you have......its easy to find out.

1. Turn the ignition on.
2. Turn the Radio on and have something like a USB drive with mp3 on it is in the drive.
3. Select USB/AUX so that its reading it.
4. push and hold down the Select/Menu button for 8 - 10 seconds and the HW/SW version will be displayed. like this..... if its never been changed, it most certainly be CD/CC or CD/CD. as you can see mine is DB/DD, which is the most recent HW/SW version available. There was a TSB sent out a few years ago addressing all sort of issues with the PDIM's in our cars. Here is the TSB as well.

Attachment 672469

Attachment 672468
So I got my second hand PDIM installed and programmed at the dealer. It was a much bigger job than they expected. I guess they had to do multiple updates. After install, my car would not see my Galaxy S9 when I tried a couple days ago. The AUX and USB work. Today, I tried an Iphone 7 (not my phone), and the radio interfaced. I then tried my S9, and to my delight they found each other. The only issue is that it connects via Bluetooth then immediately disconnects. I tried to set the audio only option under advanced, but it also immediately turns back off. I check the hardware software (see pic). Do I need another software update?

Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote