Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
If Any Dealer Wants My Business...

BTW, if ANY dealer wants my business.....

Real tired of non-informed sales people, dealers without ANY information, no prices, $3000 markups, acting like this car is the cats meow. It is and it isn't. The economy sucks, housing sucks, people losing jobs. If the launch of the Camaro did not coincide with the worst economy since the Great Depression, would I not be saying this.

I have read alot here at Camaro5 and learned. I am new here, true. But common sense dictates truth and direction. I have read many posts in particular from CamaroScotty and what he says makes sense..and I believe what he says. So, my post is not directed at anyone here period. Maybe some fodder for my banishment...

Here is my order...

2SS, IOM, MN6, RS, W1H, VZG, VYV.

$35,500 including tax (6%) tag and title.

I can get employee pricing, GSU, Credit Union..

And I can wait..until so offered. Here is your chance to get a quick, no B.S. sale, no calling you up on the phone "where is my car". I'll wait till December to pick it up. You keep any incentives or rebates, and I will put it in writing.

The buyer is the market now guys! NOT the seller. I suggest we decide what we pay, not the other way around. Banks have tightened up lending making this Camaro purchase a tough one. I personally would rather call 20 dealers, tell them what I want, and tell them where they are at in "line" and what I will pay and having them fight for my money.

Again, nothing personal towards anyone at all here. Only venting because of dealers posting GMS pricing for the above SS, getting emails and calls and in the end, only $1400 less than MSRP and $1798 more than GMS pricing edict.

So, If any salesman has allocation left, from their original allocation and not from "future" potential allocation, PM me. My price is firm, I'll put it all in writing!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
I like your style! I will post my requirement later on today!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
ya heard
get ummm!!!

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've worked with Graff Chevrolet from Okemos quite a few times. Granted its a good hour from Detroit, but just letting you know its out there. They are accepting GMS, and I have it in writing. Last I knew they had 4 of their 11 allocated left. I've tried calling many dealers in the Detroit area, and most are clueless.

If you want more info, let me know.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Might be a hard task to pull off - I was under the impression the pricing might change after the sold preordering concluded....so if you're not a part of that, I don't see anyone wanting to "quote" a price for a car that far down the road.

And thanks for the comments!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
IOM 2SS
RS
VRU
CF5
Q9J
VYV

$35,300
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
if you can wait, why don't you just wait?
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydoo View Post
if you can wait, why don't you just wait?
Exactly..

If I order now, my wait, from crunching all the "information" will be just as long, maybe a little longer than waiting 6 months or thereabouts for GM pricing.

Order now, Car comes in no later than October. Wait till Sept. car comes in usually 6-8 weeks.

One of my subtle points is the "worth" of pre-ordering AND "not knowing" when the car will arrive.

I would make a substantive guess that If I ordered a Camaro now AND I ordered another exact Camaro the first day GM offered pricing/incentives that the differnce in delivery would be maybe 1-2 months.

All I am saying is that the "Idea" is so screwed up right now that it is entirely possible to wait for GM pricing and get the car around the same time as a pre-order. As well, dealers that sport GMS pricing or any variant thereof, are NOT EVEN CLOSE. Case in point, dealer "Y" The same Camaro as mentioned. Price without tax, tag, title? $36,400. Huh? That is GM employee pricing?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #9
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsavujr View Post
IOM 2SS
RS
VRU
CF5
Q9J
VYV

$35,300
Thats what I am talking about! Although not employee pricing, very nice $2100 off..
Old 02-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
diddiyo

Drives: .
Yeah I'm also sick of car dealers already, and I only went car shopping for the first time ever last week and I'm so not looking forward to doing it again in a few weeks/months. I blame a good percentage of the carpocalypse on greedy, ignorant, uninformed car dealers.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
I like it.

Scotty, why would you think pricing is going to change after preorders???? I mean the MSRP prices are published in GM documentation for the car. GM would be nuts to change them after the car hits the streets.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #12
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
The only problem with waiting is that MSRP will probably go up for the non preorders. If you wait for a deal you may end up paying more...the only reason they are going for MSRP in some areas is because of the poor economy. The economy will rebound and price will go up.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #13
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
The only problem with waiting is that MSRP will probably go up for the non preorders. If you wait for a deal you may end up paying more...the only reason they are going for MSRP in some areas is because of the poor economy. The economy will rebound and price will go up.
Why do people keep saying this? The prices are published to the public. These are not "Pre Order" prices, they're published in the hard copy available to people asking about the car.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #14
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
pm sent.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote