Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 AM   #85
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Can you please link that interview? I found something 5:14 long but Camaro isn't said once.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #86
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Oops. I'm surprised I haven't done that here yet. http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...001/1151/VIDEO
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #87
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I just found something very interesting regarding the release date for the Camaro. Its Bob Lutz in an interview from the Chicago Auto Show, talking about the G8. Listen in at 1:42, right after the awkward pronunciation of Camaro.
Well, he said it would be out 'exactly 3 years' from the time they showed the first concept.

I'm not sure that's anything 'new' since we already know it will be Jan-Mar of '09. Which is, more or less, 'exactly 3 years'.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #88
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
If it is supposed to be an 09 model I would bet they will be arriving in the dealerships sometime in the 4th quarter of 08 to no later than January 09, otherwise they will probably be a 2010 model...
Just because nobody has mentioned it yet... It actually has been stated by GM that it will be a 2010 model. Because of this, I find it hard to imagine that they'd allow even one car to be sold before 2009. They'd be the laughing stock of the auto industry. Every late night host will be saying, "GM's selling 2010 cars in 2008. Next year they plan to release the 2020 Camaro."
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #89
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Well, he said it would be out 'exactly 3 years' from the time they showed the first concept.

I'm not sure that's anything 'new' since we already know it will be Jan-Mar of '09. Which is, more or less, 'exactly 3 years'.
something cannot be "more or less exactly 3 years". By definition, if it is exact then there is no 'wiggle room', otherwise its only approximate.
Now, there is room for interpretation -you need to set your time increments. Looking only by years, any time in 2009 will make the statement true. Monthly means that it will be in January 2009. you can keep going, week by week, day by day, down to the nanosecond if you want.

So, this brings two questions: 1. did he mean to say "Exactly 3 years"? and 2. What does this 'exactly' specifically refer to if he meant to use that word?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #90
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i probably wont even see mine anyways until it comes in off the truck so i dont really care if the dealers get any in early or not ....just give me mine...and dont let anyone sit in it.
This is exactly what I am thinking. I can't wait until they finally come out, but I'm going to hold-off until something with a supercharger pops up on the option sheet I have my hopes high to be able to order one in 2011; see if I can see it built at the plant; watch it come off the train and go on the truck; and be there when it arrives at the dealer. I may be too eager to let them do their PDI before I sit in the seat, LOL!

I had no idea there were so many people as eager as I am, nor that people in high places like Scott, to have one. This might give me enough time to save enough money to get one.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #91
$¢'s 5th Gen

Drives: SUV & Chaparral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Just because nobody has mentioned it yet... It actually has been stated by GM that it will be a 2010 model. Because of this, I find it hard to imagine that they'd allow even one car to be sold before 2009. They'd be the laughing stock of the auto industry. Every late night host will be saying, "GM's selling 2010 cars in 2008. Next year they plan to release the 2020 Camaro."
I was thinking the same. I doubt they will release the Camaro as a 2010 in 2008.
The new Tahoes were 07 models released in March 06. That is when I expect the Camaro, March of 09
$¢'s 5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #92
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

True, but 2009 Vibe will be at dealers in February 2008 so it could be as early as that. And I haven't seen anything about cars released in January for the next model year. But either way, so long as they keep their word about the 1st quarter '09 then it is less than 15 months before the Camaro is unleashed.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #93
Brent87LT1
Sarcastic

Drives: like a maniac!
You know, reading through these posts, I can't stop thinking about the book All Corvettes are Red By Gary Shefter (sp). I read it twice and highly reccomend it to all of you. It is the only true inside look to developing a new car inside GM ever written.

It will give you a real understanding of the challenges they face when doing a project like this.
Brent87LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #94
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Yeah, I'd say February or March is probably when it will be launched. It seems a bit early and that will make for one really long model year, but I guess that means it might be easier to get some deals in late 2010 on the old 2010 models as they make way for the new ones. There will be plenty of 2010 models out there, compared to a handful of 2009 Challengers.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #95
SStewLS1

Drives: '03 Ford Taurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Merged
oh, and don't count on the Camaro making a "Challenger-esque" entry into the market
The Challenger isn't going to be that great. I'm a Technitian at a Dodge dealership and one of our chysler corp representatives said that in the first year they aren't going to offer a manual transmission, plus after they killed the Charger by making it a sedan one can only hope that the Challenger will be a worthy oponent to the camaro.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #96
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStewLS1 View Post
The Challenger isn't going to be that great. I'm a Technitian at a Dodge dealership and one of our chysler corp representatives said that in the first year they aren't going to offer a manual transmission, plus after they killed the Charger by making it a sedan one can only hope that the Challenger will be a worthy oponent to the camaro.
And that is assuming Chrysler can stay in business long enough to even make them.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #97
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
^Is Chrysler really in that much trouble?
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #98
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStewLS1 View Post
What about when they made the Charger a 2 door compact? http://www.chargergarage.com/1983%20Dodge%20Charger.jpg
It was far more different from the original Charger then the new ones are. At least the new ones can be called muscle cars, even if they have four doors.

Camaro Fest sub-forum