Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #43
Camaro1*

Drives: 2011Black Camaro 1 LT RS
Ok, I ran all new speaker wire to every speaker from the amps. I belive that the loss of control to the speakers is due to the sub thump amp integration kit. Its the only thing that I can come up with. Dont hold me to that conusion but thats my conclusion. Thanks to all of you for your help and input.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #44
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Did you run RCA pre-amp's for front and rear to your amplifiers in the trunk or did you use the facotry harness?

If you used the factory harness I'm guessing you're running a powered singal into the amplifier and as someone said it's going into 'protection' mode.

GM has been using external amps for a long time, but they have them made to accept the power from a head unit (around 25W or so per chnnel maybe) and amplify that. After-market amps usually don't like to see power on the input, just a low-power RCA pre-amp.

I only say all this due to I had the exact same problem on my 1992 Z34 years ago. It has the Bose upgrade stereo from factory with the amp under the rear deck. I replaced the amp and everything went wonky, I ended up re-wiring the entire car with 3 sets of pre's off a new headunit, and then speaker wire to each speaker for the car.

If you have the time to do that, you'll never be disappointed with the sound as it is all aftermarket, especially if you can retain the factory funcions as some units will let you do (talking about steering wheel controls)
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #45
Camaro1*

I dont know how the ******** harness is mad,but the harness does plug into the stock harness and it did convert to a duel RCA. I then ran all new speaker wire from amps to speakers.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #46
Camaro1*

harness

Had the Camaro in to must audio guy today,. He believes there is a short somewhere in the harness
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #47
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
All of the splices on the harness itself are done by pac. This is afterall a pac harness. If there were a short inside one of the rca jacks then I don't think that channel would work at all. On the ba systems when two wires touch, the speaker goes out or makes a high squealing noise. I have found that a few types of component crossovers will do this. The infinities we used to sell would do the exact same thing that you are describing so we stopped selling them. Try a different brand crossover or leave the crossover out of the equation altogether and test it that way.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #48
Camaro1*

Ok thanks steve I will try that as well.