Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #57
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
You did Kooks on your car right? I haven't done it, but if their system accepts a stock muffler with a 3" to 2.5" adapter then with that removed I would assume that it would take our mufflers as well. Our kit was designed to take either OEM, replacement, or our mufflers just depending on if you use the adapter piece.

At that point all that should be needed would be the mufflers, but I haven't seen the Kooks set in person to say either way.
I have the KOOKS headers and cats but I have the 3" Magnaflow exhaust. That is 3" all the way out.

I thought that since your system was a 3" as well that the mufflers would have a 3" inlet.

Guess I'm confused on your answer. Not sure I can tell if you are saying that your mufflers have a 2.5" inlet or if you're thinking my mufflers have a 2.5" inlet. What is the inlet size on your muffler kit?

If I ever get a chance to get over to your shop some day....maybe we can take a tape measure and see if the look like they would fit.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #58
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
PM Sent!!

Thank you for your inquiry!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Can you PM me a price on just the mufflers.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #59
Cam 427

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Me too.
Cam 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #60
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
I have the KOOKS headers and cats but I have the 3" Magnaflow exhaust. That is 3" all the way out.

I thought that since your system was a 3" as well that the mufflers would have a 3" inlet.

Guess I'm confused on your answer. Not sure I can tell if you are saying that your mufflers have a 2.5" inlet or if you're thinking my mufflers have a 2.5" inlet. What is the inlet size on your muffler kit?

If I ever get a chance to get over to your shop some day....maybe we can take a tape measure and see if the look like they would fit.
I didn't know you had the 3" MagnaFlows, as most are the 2.5" OE replacements.

Our system is 3" ALL THE WAY. Our mufflers are 3" as well. Our mufflers are designed at the same angle and fit so with an adapter you could even use them on a stock midsection.

So yes, they should be a direct replacement for what you have.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #61
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 427 View Post
Me too.
PM's SENT!!

...and yes guys and gals, Southwest Speed can get you a pair of these phenominal Mufflers as well.

Thanks and keep the orders coming in guys,
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #62
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
How does this sound on an L99 when it goes into v4 mode?

I love the way it sounds when you get on it tho.

Go ahead and send me some pricing info too please for L99 options. Thanks!
I would agree with Cal on doing the tune. I typically ask the customer what they want to do with it, sometimes I will have it come on only during highway cruise and never around town.

Anthony
Old 10-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #63
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
PM's SENT!!

...and yes guys and gals, Southwest Speed can get you a pair of these phenominal Mufflers as well.

Thanks and keep the orders coming in guys,
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Thanks for the support Ivan!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #64
livefr33ordie
Looking for new home

Drives: Summit White 2SS/RS
could you pm me the price of the mufflers and tips w/adapter (if possible)
Thank you
livefr33ordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #65
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
You have a PM!

Thank you!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #66
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
I usually only buy brands that seem honest about there actual gains. I just cant see the swap gaining over 30 more horsepower. I would like to believe it, but realisticly probably around 12-18 as well as knocking off about 40 pounds of dead weight.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #67
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally yellow ss rs View Post
I usually only buy brands that seem honest about there actual gains. I just cant see the swap gaining over 30 more horsepower. I would like to believe it, but realisticly probably around 12-18 as well as knocking off about 40 pounds of dead weight.
Those are honest gains. I have seen the same or more from customer's and other shop dyno's. Any other changes to the cars, either before or after are listed with each dyno so do be sure to look at that as well.

I have seen other companies posting much higher gains from much smaller items. Our headers, both Camaro and Corvette, have been around for a long time now. Probably one of the few to put them in a professional road racing series and won with them.

I have other dyno's in our site gallery and will post more as we do them or get them from customers.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #68
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rally yellow ss rs View Post
As I have American Racing headers on my Camaro I went with them because of the power and the quality.
Lg didnt have there headers out at this time and for the price I got my ARH's for at the time it was a sealed deal.
In the past I have friends who have installed LG headers on there corvettes and I will say they are 100% awsome quality , GREAT POWER and a thumbs up all the way around.
I probably would have gone with the LG's if they were out when I was buying however im not unhappy with the ARH's

Both very good headers with GREAT customer support
if you buy LG's go with there complete system dont just buy the headers sounds awsome for sure.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #69
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I installed and tuned one of these packages a couple weeks ago and the fit and performance was very good for sure.

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #70
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
I installed and tuned one of these packages a couple weeks ago and the fit and performance was very good for sure.

Mike Norris
Thanks Mike! I know the customer is tickled with it.