Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
best parents or what?????

my husband wanted to look at a truck today not for him not for me not for our son but for our 13yr old daughter!!!!!

our son got his about the age of 15, but his grades suck, our daughters grades are great.

so he is looking at
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/2824212300.html

what ya think????? we havent gotten it yet we are trying to come up with the money for it lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
asalomon

Drives: GMC Sierra
Truck for a 13 year old girl?
asalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
For a kid, I'd be looking at something a little less classic, and a little more disposable, and with more modern safety features. I would be kinda cool for her if she is really into cars, and would know how to take care of a classic like that, though.

Whatever you buy, who gets to drive it until she is 16?
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by asalomon View Post
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
For a kid, I'd be looking at something a little less classic, and a little more disposable, and with more modern safety features. I would be kinda cool for her if she is really into cars, and would know how to take care of a classic like that, though.

And this

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Good grades or not, kids, teens, whatever you like to call them, well... they really should buy their own car, but that is just my opinion.
they have to earn the vehicles not just given to them, meaning they have to buy parts for it & do the work on the vehicle as well
Quote:
why not????
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post

Yes she is really in to cars & knows how to work on them, we have taught them that from the start.
when she was 5 years old she was helping her dad rewire his 67 pick up & when we sold it she was mad at us for weeks because we sold her truck, even though it wasnt hers. She thought it was. also Why not a classic????? when we were looking at vehicles for my son, our insurance agent said that a older truck was the way to go because they would not get rated on newer cars just that vehicle so for my sons truck it cost us $50 a month
so we are doing the same thing for her.

Her dad gets to drive it & gets to show it as well. but she gets to do the work on it.

for those who dont know my kids personally, both of them are hard workers & are always at shows helping out, no matter if its running errors, when the big swap meet show up every year they are out running parts for cash to buy parts & what have you or to make money. On the weekends & during the week on summer breaks they are cleaning stalls for $3 a day & doing odd jobs on the farm I work at to make money. they are not sitting around doing nothing

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
evan
ready...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I got my first car at 15, my dad wanted me to get used to taking care of it before I could drive. a 89 mustang 5.0, lol. My parents gave me 2500 to pick a car and thats the one I got. I learned a lot about cars in those short years i had it... Hope your daughter enjoys that truck(should you get it for her)

For the negative nancies here:
Not everyone grows up the same. Plus there's a lot of value to having a vehicle at a young age, personal growth and responsibility are 2 things that come to mind...
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
a girl and her truck... if ya gotta ask you'll never understand. If GM put out a new el Camino that captured the bygone era as well as the camaro did I'd trade out in a heartbeat.
Hope your daughter loves it and hope your son gets his priorities straight so he too can earn his wheels.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

the total deal is currently is they owe us half the price of their vehicle,
if she gets Bs or As for a semster(all Bs or higher) then she gets the truck for nothing. for every F at semster time its $250 more she owes us.

same deal with our son..

Old 02-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
a girl and her truck... if ya gotta ask you'll never understand. If GM put out a new el Camino that captured the bygone era as well as the camaro did I'd trade out in a heartbeat.
Hope your daughter loves it and hope your son gets his priorities straight so he too can earn his wheels.
I live in a farming community, everyone owns trucks here. lol,
as for my son he is turning his self around, but come june he may head out to bootcamp.
you coming to seattle in July for the all chevy show??? hoping sweet heart is here.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
a girl and her truck... if ya gotta ask you'll never understand.
My first vehicle-- and second-- and third... pickup trucks

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #11
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
damn, i got my first car which was a 98 civic at age 18
Old 02-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Learned to drive in a Chevy Pickup truck that had an H-Shift at 14 on dirt roads in the California mountains with my dad. That was in the 70's.

Nothing wrong with making them work for the vehicle.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

This.

Sorry but what's a 13 year old girl going to do with a truck? She can't even drive it for two more years..
Old 02-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
This.

Sorry but what's a 13 year old girl going to do with a truck? She can't even drive it for two more years..
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote