Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #85
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick
I got that one the other day.
And a shocked look on their face when I said that I have not had a speeding ticket in over a decade.

They then followed up with a "Well if you don't speed, then you don't need a car like this. You're just letting it go to waste and should sell it for something more practical."
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtrill View Post
I strongly suspect there is a betting pool at work for when I will get my first ticket. I also suspect I have lost several of my co-workers money.
lol on the ticket betting pool..............and though I've avoided being among those caught for nearly four decades. I've deserved a few................for applying the true idiotic speeders rule "That it isn't how fast its capable of going" but how fast your willing to make it go.............knock on a plastic dash. lol
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #86
TROndrey

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT/RS
"Oh damn, hey Jim get over here. This dude's car is gonna Transform" - Wendy's Drive Thru
MRT v2.0 Axle-Back
RX Performance Catch Can
TROndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #87
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
I had a guy say to me yesterday, "nice car, is it a GM?"
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #88
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
iv had 3 people all at gas stations ask me how much i paid for it ? i always just said it was a trade in but its really akward do people only care about money now a days ?

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #89
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
almost too many to recount now, but most recently...

A guy down the street from me has an ABM w/ white stripes. We were coming in opposite directions and going really slow to squeeze by all the cars parked on the side of the street. There was about 5-6 10 year old kids playing in a front yard and they were all looking at us. One kid goes "Hey look at the cool new mustangs!" and the rest of the kids in UNISON go "NO THEY"RE CAMARO"S!!" haha I had to give them the thumbs up for that one.

at the gas station one day I was just getting back into the car after pumping and the guy at the diesel pump next to me filling his 2010 duramax jacked up with skyjacker stickers all over it and 35" tires goes....."must be nice to make all that money" haha I said "Go look up what one of these things cost and you'll be selling your truck for 2 of 'em"
Old 10-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #90
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
i keep getting asked if i painted my camaro lol. i say "no its factory" their response is always, wow ive never seen that color before. i even had an IOM SS owner tell me that.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #91
Back In Black

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT All Black Features
Send a message via AIM to Back In Black
had a guy pull up next to me at the gas station and say "they really dont know how to make corvettes anymore."
also had "is that a ferrari" i replied "yes it is actually" he then said "how do you have so much money?" I kindly said "I do not"
And lastly I had someone pull up next to me in a Nissan GT-R, yes a NISSAN Gt-R which costs lets say 3x what the camaro does, hes says "man i wish i could afford one of those new camaros..." thinking he was being cocky I replied, "well i wouldnt waste my money on something not american" to be a smart ass, he says "well if i could have bought one of those considering they're over a 100 grand i would have..." WOW. talk about buying a nice fast car and not knowing jack about anything...
Back In Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #92
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
I was driving home last spring, enjoying the warm weather, riding with my window down, traffic was moderately heavy, and I suddenly hear someone scream "OH MY GOD!" panicking, I look around to see what had happened, but it was just a car load of teenagers gawking at my Camaro, one kid hanging out the window saying "NICE CAR!!" I just gave a thumbs up and kept going, but it scared the CHEESE outta me...
ga0358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #93
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga0358 View Post
I was driving home last spring, enjoying the warm weather, riding with my window down, traffic was moderately heavy, and I suddenly hear someone scream "OH MY GOD!" panicking, I look around to see what had happened, but it was just a car load of teenagers gawking at my Camaro, one kid hanging out the window saying "NICE CAR!!" I just gave a thumbs up and kept going, but it scared the CHEESE outta me...
lmao! exact same thing happend to me a while back. guy was literally hanging out the side of his truck yelling and screaming...

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #94
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Yesterday morning I was at a traffic light in the left lane. A truck was next to me in the right lane. Light turned green and I jumped on it hard and left the truck standing there. I had to because 1/4 mile up I needed to get into his lane so I could pull into the gas station for my morning stop of coffee and paper. Turns out he came into the same gas station. Gets out and yells over to me " SHOW OFF", then continues to tell me that it did sound really good.

That made my day.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #95
Our Nightmare
Stock??? LOL

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
My wife took Nightmare to get the 1k mile oil change and the guy at the shop came over to her and ask if she was the one that drove the new Corvette.

she laughed at him and told him it was a new Camaro
Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #96
calangie

Drives: 1SS Cherry Red
My husband took a little kid from church for a ride in his car. The kid asked my husband if the wings were engaged yet when my husband hit the gas a little hard and put the kid back in his seat. Apparently the kid really thought the camaro would transform into a jet.
calangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #97
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
iv had 3 people all at gas stations ask me how much i paid for it ? i always just said it was a trade in but its really akward do people only care about money now a days ?
yup!..more to life than just money though!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 AM   #98
c-dub
It's that guy

Drives: 2011 SIM SS/RS
The main thing that I get told is "PTSHH, wow must be nice"...said in a sarcastic tone.

I'm a E4 at a command that is full of E6-E8's and most of them just hate (IMO) because they all drive crappy imports with 4 doors and kid seats in the back and don't have the stability to enjoy a brand new coupe...

now before anybody gets up in arms about my comment, I'm not knocking the guys that drive crappy 4 door imports as a DD to conserve on gas and preserve their Camaro. but when that's all you drive because you don't know how to plan financially and decide to have 4 kids on a single income you shouldn't be hating on somebody that planned ahead a little bit.