Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #43
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
If you know you have illegal tint to begin with just pay the fine and be done with it. Most of us with illegal tint jobs have had to do this at one time or another.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #44
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
Just remember who pays the cops salaries. They're harassing innocent hard working taxpayers, like another poster said they should fight crime and battle the war on drugs but then again no money in that. Remember, guys the cops think it's about safety but in reality it's all about the money.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #45
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
It's a tax. Just be like Barack Obama and change the law, he's got a pen. He can do what he wants, didn't you hear he has a pen.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #46
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
The only time I will cite someone for tint on their front windows is if I pull you over for speeding and u have an attitude. Now if ur rolling around with ur windshield tinted at 20% thats a different story. Completely unsafe.

I actually cited a guy last month for speeding and front window tint since he was being a complete jerk about it. I told him he needed to remove the tint and he told me "no way am I doing that I'll just pay the ticket." Well, today my partner clocked the same guy again and guess what he never took it off. I pulled up for assistance and the guy had the same attitude with me, so I told him his car will be towed due to operating in an unsafe condition. He apologized told me he has had a bad few months to a divorce, so in the end we let him off with a warning.

I bet he removes his tint though. CVC states any LEO can remove ur car from public roads if necessary due to unsafe conditions.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 AM   #47
J666

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You honesty believe that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_...ct_of_Columbia

Quote:
The trial judges held that the police were under no specific legal duty to provide protection to the individual plaintiffs and dismissed the complaints.
The police have no obligation anymore to "protect and serve".

We all can thank Obama for that, right? /s
Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #48
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
I was told by an officer in PA you can have limo tint on a SUV . He used his patrol car as an example, he said that's as dark as it can be. It was factory tint. No I don't have aftermarket tint.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #49
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
May I ask how old you are??..Not trying to be an a** or douche.. But in my younger days let's say 11-12 years ago.. I had a 2001 Lexus IS300.. LED bulbs had just taken off in the after market world.. I cleared out my corners and put hyper white LED bulb in to match my HID's.. Well many states frown on this because your corners has to be yellow/amber.. Well after getting ticketed more than once it wasn't worth it... I was upset too because it was really a discretionary law.. But the law is the law...pick your battles man..
Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #50
murfdog2305

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS CGM, 2003 S-10 V6RWD
Am I the only fuddy-duddy who just wears a pair of sunglasses and has never had to worry about a tint ticket?
Old 07-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #51
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
The Baretta theme song said it best, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Don't do it."
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #52
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Not to burst your bubble - but look at the 'label' that is printed on the glass from GM - your windows are already at 70% from the factory. So in your case, any added tinting is illegal.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #53
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfdog2305 View Post
Am I the only fuddy-duddy who just wears a pair of sunglasses and has never had to worry about a tint ticket?
You better make sure those sunglasses aren't tinted too dark....I'd hate for someone to pull you over for it! haha

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
Old 07-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #54
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
In MA you can be stopped for window tint alone, but does not happen often (equipment violation).

Like DefianceDan said above the windows come tinted from the factory. Example: If you put 35% on windows the end result measured from a meter would be around 29%. Time of day or night has no effect on meters. 95% of LEO and inspection stations would let this go and will not issue a ticket or rejected sticker. Reputable shops will make you sign a waiver or not give you a paid receipt if you get window tint darker than the legal limit (MA 35% all around + top 6" on windshield).
Old 07-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #55
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Let me first say that those of you who have jumped down my throat for having tint and disagreeing with the law - it's people like you that have allowed this country to go downhill as fast as it has. Tint is NOT about officer safety. Tint is STRICTLY a revenue-generating citation/reason to pull people over. We taxpaying citizens get extorted, and these cops get an 'Atta-boy'. Have any of you ever seen dashcam video of cops being shot? The majority of the time if some crazy person is going to try and kill a cop, they do so brazenly - like the one man who just got out of his car, pulled his rifle out and started pumping rounds into the cruiser that pulled him over. These cats don't care, and tint will not make a damn bit of difference if someone is going to decide to use a gun and kill another human being. The majority of time these days anyway cops roll up with their hand on their gun anyway, and yes, the state trooper stood at the back of my vehicle with his hand on his gun and I, respectfully, had already rolled my windows down and had my hands on the wheel. I also had my license, registration and concealed carry permit ready for him and told him explicitly where my firearm was.

That being said, we all can bicker back and forth for days about whether or not tint should be an option for free human beings to use on their vehicle legally or not. This 'safety state', 'nanny state', or 'we make it illegal because it's unsafe' is EXACTLY how other laws are being passed these days - OH, we need the TSA so we're SAFE...oh, we need the PATRIOT ACT to make us SAFE...yet neither has done so.

Those who sacrifice fundamental liberties and freedoms for safety deserve neither and lose both.

I know that Camaro5 has an 'older population' who is brainwashed to believe that law enforcement are these 'Gods' who do no wrong, that they are 'only doing their job' and all that other backwards rhetoric. Yes, there are cops who realize that as long as you're being a safe driver tint is not worth their time. Other times there are cops who have nothing better to do, such as solving robberies, rapes and other crimes, so they harass people to meet their quotas. The simple fact that quotas exist clearly indicate that police do not serve and protect, they uphold the law of which is created by corrupted politicians.

The other poster hit the nail on the head, the Supreme Court has multiple times upheld that police have no duty to protect and serve, only uphold 'the law'. They're 'just doing their jobs', right? How about the Nazi SS - they were just 'doing their jobs' too.

This can get into a huge debate on police ethics, whether or not laws should be in place or not, etc. Let's avoid that.

My question was very specific - cops do not have digitally programmed eyeballs in which they can immediately tell what percentage tint someone has. GRANTED my tint is very dark, and I KNOW that it is illegal, and yes I know that there will be times where I will be stopped and have to pay the fine to have the tint. I get that. I never once said I didn't understand that or wasn't willing to pay the fine. My question was more-so of without proper testing equipment, was the officer 'in the wrong' for not testing the darkness and would there be any recourse on my end.

I had a similar situation back when I first got my car, a boro cop (these guys are notorious for harassing people in nice cars) who had a tint meter on him and measured it at 4% (1% off) - that I would understand and there would be no way to 'fight' it. I figured others here have tint and wasn't sure if there was any clear cut way to address this.

In the end, my only option is to take the tint off within 5 days and show up an hour away with the tint off (impossible due to my job schedule, I'm not losing my job to please some uptight trooper) so what will probably end up happening is that I'll receive the $127 citation in the mail, of which I'll have to pay.

I am an avid reader of CopBlock dot org, which fundamentally has made me dislike the majority of cops. Yes, I am respectful when I deal with them but I also know my rights and I won't incriminate myself when I get stopped. He asked me where I was going, and I said "I am exiting this ramp you stopped me on", and he seemed miffed that I wouldn't give him a detailed explanation of where I was coming from and where I was going.

For the record, I'm going into my 30's, I'm not some 'punk teenager' in his daddy's car.

Lastly, I do not believe that 'prescriptions' are available to the average joe to get darker-than-legal tint in the state of PA. I do not have an 'eye disease', and I've had cops tell me that those 'prescriptions' don't matter and they still cite you regardless.
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
Old 07-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #56
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Hey dude I wasn't jumping down your throat.. I wanted you to know that some of us older cats have been down this same road.. Not saying we all agree with that law..But it's a winless battle.. Yes ticketing generates revenue.. But it still can be about safety.. Speed traps are strictly revenue based.. But they are about safety too...

Closed Thread