Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
LewiSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/White Stripe
You can't buy brains

So I went to a local cruise-in sponsored by the Porsche club and the editor of their newsletter asked all about my car and told me how he is building two other Porsches. I thought it was pretty neat and didn't think much of it til my friend handed me a copy of the newsletter today. The caption next to the pic said that I "supercharged the car which is now putting down 375 hp at the wheels". I have the stealth supercharger option??? My mods are in my sig and I will post a pic once I figure it out on this IPad
ARH 1-7/8" Longtubes w/cats, Borla ATAK catback, CAI Inc intake, RX inferno orange ported throttle body, RX inferno orange catch can, Hurst Shifter, JDP Motorsports heater hoses and fuel line, PFadt strut tower brace, PFadt lowering springs, PFadt Tie Rods, PFadt Trailing Arms, PFadt end links, Custom Painted interior pieces.
LewiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
STYLE66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewiSS View Post
So I went to a local cruise-in sponsored by the Porsche club and the editor of their newsletter asked all about my car and told me how he is building two other Porsches. I thought it was pretty neat and didn't think much of it til my friend handed me a copy of the newsletter today. The caption next to the pic said that I "supercharged the car which is now putting down 375 hp at the wheels". I have the stealth supercharger option??? My mods are in my sig and I will post a pic once I figure it out on this IPad
i dont get it
STYLE66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Translation: a "car guy" who owns several Porsche cars and is supposedly rebuilding/building two on his own, spoke at length with our fellow Camaro owner about said Camaro...and learned nothing. The op's car is NOT supercharged. In other words the Porsche owner knows nothing about cars, or heard nothing that was said about the Camaro.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
LewiSS

Exactly what towsuf94 said. Stupid iPad won't upload the pic of my engine bay. I talked to him for a good 15 minutes about all the Pfadt suspension, CAI intake, Vmax throttle body, etc, and never once did I mention supercharger or 375 haha
ARH 1-7/8" Longtubes w/cats, Borla ATAK catback, CAI Inc intake, RX inferno orange ported throttle body, RX inferno orange catch can, Hurst Shifter, JDP Motorsports heater hoses and fuel line, PFadt strut tower brace, PFadt lowering springs, PFadt Tie Rods, PFadt Trailing Arms, PFadt end links, Custom Painted interior pieces.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Your first mistake was talking to someone from the press, even if they claimed to be a "car Guy"
Your second mistake was to believe that someone from the press has a clue what they're talking about.
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justification View Post
Your first mistake was talking to someone from the press, even if they claimed to be a "car Guy"
Your second mistake was to believe that someone from the press has a clue what they're talking about.
Roflmao
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Weakest supercharger mod to date, makes less horsepower than stock.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Was he from Fox News ?
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justification View Post

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
LewiSS

Hahaha that is true. I deal with newspapers regularly and I'm 0-14 on stories being correct.