Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #3165
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Drives: '02 Phase II ZL1/'97 30th Annv. SS
Iowa Members Get In Here!

Opinions and interest....................I have put together several neon clocks (as a hobby). I purchase the clocks from Wal-Mart and the ONLY color available is blue.

They look very nice (I think) when I complete them.

I have designed one for ICE "if" the powers that be don't have a problem with me making and selling them to ICE members. They would sell for $40.00 (not including packing or postage/shipping).

I just was messing around this afternoon and this evening and came up with this design.

I'm not going to put a whole lot of time into it trying to come up with different cars or other graphics.

The color of the car and the ICE logo would look good with a blue neon clock.

Here is the clockface I designed:

Here are some other clocks I have done so this will give you an idea of what it would look like after I complete it.

Last edited by 4th Gen Camaro Addict; 07-05-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: To add more text
4th Gen Camaro Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #3166
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02zl1_97ss View Post
Opinions and interest....................I have put together several neon clocks (as a hobby). I purchase the clocks from Wal-Mart and the ONLY color available is blue.

They look very nice (I think) when I complete them.

I have designed one for ICE "if" the powers that be don't have a problem with me making and selling them to ICE members. They would sell for $40.00 (not including packing or postage/shipping).

I just was messing around this afternoon and this evening and came up with this design.

I'm not going to put a whole lot of time into it trying to come up with different cars or other graphics.

The color of the car and the ICE logo would look good with a blue neon clock.

Here is the clockface I designed:

Those look kick a**!!!

However I'd want mine with my white 5th gen in the middle or at least a white 5th gen.

Last edited by INTIMIDAT3R; 07-05-2012 at 08:59 PM.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #3167
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
T-SHIRT UPDATE

Again there is some GOOD news and some BAD news...

The GOOD news... the shirts came a day early.

The BAD news... they're being sent back.

Grinch and I checked them, measured them, and they're not the same size as their sizing chart specified they would be. They were running small. REALLY small.

They will be replaced with the next size bigger. Smalls will go to Mediums, Mediums to Large, and so on. XXL in all colors and Large in white will stay the same since they seemed to be the only ones that were sized right.

UPS will be picking up the shirts in the morning.

They promised a FAST turn around and apologized for any inconvenience*.

As soon as the shirts are back, EVERYONE will be notified.

*Special Note--- Some may wonder why I went with someone out of state instead of someone local. No one locally would keep the bowtie in our logo due to licensing and all that stuff.

Last edited by INTIMIDAT3R; 07-05-2012 at 09:32 PM.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #3168
pwrmanpaul66

Drives: 2016 2/SS 6 spd Dual Mode
Hey i myself like the clock idea and as far as im concerned the car color would be good for the neon a better idea might be the car that started it all it was the first public view of the fifth gen and that car would be the bumblebee ! but yellow and blue you might end up with a purple looking colord clock ! but i do like your desighn and i would actualy but oone for the camaro car cave !
Old 07-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #3169
pwrmanpaul66

So how many members are gonna do the benniveti show and shine no trophy show ? i did this show last year and it was a good time and met some great people and saw lots of nice cars ! im going not only to participate but also to do a little buisness gonna see what kinda deal he will offer me on the new car ! and to hang wiff my buds
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #3170
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBeagle View Post
The Iowa Region SCCA is having another autocross at Hawkeye Downs on July 15. For those who run auto-x, you gotta try this course. And if you never have tried auto-x, make this your first. The course is set up on the track, lots of oppurtunities to use all that horsepower.

I don't know how many of you saw Tim S at GoodGuys auto-x, this guy can wheel it. Great job Tim,looking forward to running with you sometime.

Thanks! I had a blast, just testing the car with the nannies on/off, 1/2 on and full off. Was darn hard not to keep foot out of the throttle, and just awesum fun to feel the power. Sure was interesting when the computors or such were trying to assist in the "control" to be "safe?" Either I hit my rev limiter or nannies shut me down a little couple times ..... turns out I was 4th, not 2nd as what one of the GG guys thought. (I checked the results)

I believe the V6 Camaro ended up 2nd after RideTech Camaro. - Nice job!

So today I come home and my wife bought me a ZL1! HaHa I wish, but turns out the Hot Wheels car she bought is a IBM blue ZL1 Bought it at the Hobby Lobby of all places. And yup, at GG I went to the two toy car booths, the were picked clean of 5th gen Camaro's.

So with this damn heat, swamped at work, and I "should be now" at host hotel in Ypsilanti, MI having some suds in the parking lot with other Camaro guys for the Camaro Superfest that starts tomorrow . So changed plans, early am strat this Saturday and do the show only on the Sunday

For SCCA auto-x'ing, is a helmet req'd. Yet to decide to run at Cam5fest, since those helmets req'd carry a rating beyond traditional as in motorcycle helmets?
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #3171
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Bummer about the shirts. Oh well they will come in correct soon enough I suppose.

I really like the clock! IBM!!!! I'm sold....

This is the final weekend for the 76 build so I will not be making it to any shows again. Although after this weekend I will be more open for attending shows and I will have an option in which car I bring.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #3172
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeater View Post
James you need to stop wanting to go to car shows
for the trophys. a trophy is just one more thing i have to dust
Its about going meeting new people and learning new stuff
and seeing old friends
and there are people that like the new cars because they know that they cant
afford them and we all should be lucky we have amazing cars like we do

Every show is different and many are very "local voted" In 2007 with my freshly done, very modified 67, (that took me 4 years to complete as time and money allowed) I spent most that summer doing shows, since that was the 40th year of Camaro. All 67's had "rock star" parking locations in every true Camaro themed show. Yes, I came back with trophies lots of them, big, tall, small and then none at all. I hit all the major events in Michigan, Ohio, Carlisle PA, and Atlanta Funny how the head gets big win you start winning a lot, then when you really see the Bull S*** come out, it takes away the fun of doing the shows.

So now, I just focus on having fun, I like my car, hope you like my car, if a judge likes my car, then it a trifecta! I also dis-like hearing the "oh...its a new car at a car show" I say, f*#@ that attitude. I was able to have a nice talk during the GG auto-cross with Kirk, the editor of the GG magazine. He took my name, number and photos of my car said I be called by some folks soon. I did say the super sunday is great, and glad to see some new found fun and spirit of those with todays new modern muscle cars.

That statement, GG Kirk really liked to hear!

so looking forward to hitting some shows with all you guys this summer, and we'll 5th Gen Camaro kick ass!

Tim S
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #3173
pwrmanpaul66

Yeah what he said !!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #3174
NitroBeagle
Member NHRA GoodGuys ICE

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
SCCA requires a helmet. Not sure of the number now maybe SA2010. And with my big head and helmet, no headroom.
NitroBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #3175
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Drives: '02 Phase II ZL1/'97 30th Annv. SS
Iowa Members Get In Here!

Well...............it sounds like some of you like the clock. Maybe I'll have to see if I can get a couple of them made tomorrow and bring to Beneventi's with me on Saturday.

My plan is to bring the ZL1 but since I trailer it, I might chicken out and just drive the SS.

So...........if you see the rig below pull in, it's me.

Or................I may just drive this instead

Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #3176
Cruzin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Manual CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrmanpaul66 View Post
So how many members are gonna do the benniveti show and shine no trophy show ? i did this show last year and it was a good time and met some great people and saw lots of nice cars ! im going not only to participate but also to do a little buisness gonna see what kinda deal he will offer me on the new car ! and to hang wiff my buds
We're going to the Beneventi Show 'N Shine on Saturday. Don Beneventi has an impressive collection of cars and is great to do business with.
Cruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #3177
Redmaro
Redmaro

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS 2.0 Turbo
Shows

Hi all,
I've been under the weather:( the last couple of weeks, but now feeling better. I have sent in my entry in for the Kansas City Camaro show, and will be at the Beneventi show (may have to leave early). Sorry to say that I missed the whole GG show because of health issues (and this was with two free tickets), but there is always next year. Want to send out a shout to the new folks that have signed onand look forward to meeting them in person.

Later,

Bob
Redmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #3178
Steve_RS_Camaro
Ain't Scared Racing

Drives: 2015 Summit White Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBeagle View Post
The Iowa Region SCCA is having another autocross at Hawkeye Downs on July 15. For those who run auto-x, you gotta try this course. And if you never have tried auto-x, make this your first. The course is set up on the track, lots of oppurtunities to use all that horsepower.

I don't know how many of you saw Tim S at GoodGuys auto-x, this guy can wheel it. Great job Tim,looking forward to running with you sometime.
SCCA has several:
July 8 Oskaloosa arport
July 15 Hawkeye Downs
July 21 Iowa Events Center
I am posting the whole list on Facebook group with flyers tonight
Steve_RS_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote