Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Pfadt Über-leicht SHIFTER development contest!

Good news everyone!

As we reported a couple of months ago, we have had an ultra-light shifter in the works for some time. After some revised engineering, and a bold new material choice, we have arrived at the Pfadt Über-leicht Shifter you see below!

As expected, like most everything else on the car, the shifter is no exception. The OEM shifter weighs in at ~2.375 lbs with knob. The Über-leicht? Try a scant .875 lbs.

Throw reduction on this version comes in at ~25%, while we engineered the gate spacing to remain the same.

So heres the lowdown: We have 6 of these things just itching to get into peoples cars. And as a special consideration to you guys, we want them to be developed by people we know will give them the test miles they deserve!

So here is our proposed contest: Tell us why you think you should be a Pfadt development member, and the best 6 responses, will get to test out the lightest unit on the market, pro-bono. The only catch is that in return for this, we are expecting valuable feedback. We want to hear your impressions, and suggestions if any. We have run it in our own development car for quite some time now, and absolutely love it. But this is a very subjective component.

So I will open it up now, and we will close the running on 8/3. After that, we will make our decision, and post up with the winners.

So...I ask again...who wants to test one out? Post responses in this thread.

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Cuz i drive it like I STOLE it, tearing up the streets....

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Me! Why?

Because I'm down the road from you.
I'm very vocal. I'll share my findings with tons of people.
I have experience with the stock shifter and now the Hurst (which I currently have installed).
I will test this out at Miller Motorsports Park during W.O.W.

Um...that's all I got. Oh and I'm cool.

Sincerely,

SSOOCH
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
I would love to test your new shifter as I am always looking for the best compnents offered and Pfadt is definitely a cutting edge company as I am not only saying this but also use Pfadt components on my car. I am an extreme camaro enthusiast and am always reading and researching the newest ideas and waiting to see what will come next as development products are coming out day after day. I have put over $100k into my new 2010 Camaro and only use the best compnents offered as this is a no holds barred kinda car. I have had 2 different shifters in my car, so I know what is working for me and what I am not happy with. I am a very active member in the forums and am always trying to give honest opinions to help out other camaro enthusiast as I have done alot of the work myself and through trial and error, am finding what works on these cars and what doesnt. My car is currently having a new engine upgrade and will be pushing 1200-1300hp to the rear wheels and will be used as a daily driver and be used on the track regularly. I will definitely put the new shifter to the test and will document every step from install to real world use with pics and daily updates. I just have an extreme desire for learning these camaros and would be very excited to be part of a testing group.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
+1 on drive it like you stole it!!! LOL

I shift so hard that I broke my transmission at 5k miles (apparently)! (Gear key gave out on 2nd gear). I have a V6 M6 so maybe testing in a 6 would give some valuable feedback as far as the feel in the little brother transmission.

PM if interested in letting me give your awesome product a shot!
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
OK lets see....

I can delete everyone elses posts so it looks like I'm the only one....

Nah JK. This is a great opportunity for our members!

Well done Pfadt! Thanks for hooking up the Camaro5 faithful!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Can't compete with 1000+ horsepower but hope to be considered as one of the six. I hope you support the V-6 enthusiats as we need some love too. I have installed a single turbo and will plan to drive it hard. Oh, and I do use Pfadt Springs, Sways, and End Links. Considering more but have been spending the past month focussing on getting the Turbo done (I'll test anything else you got like coilovers). I will gladly do videos and will take it to the Autocross! Also consider:

I am Pfadt - at about 235 lbs. - My wife says I'm Pfadt - I think in the good way and my daughter says I'm Pfadt - but I think in the Santa Claus way. And I just put on some Pfadt tires!

Robbin, please pardon my use of the name, I know how its' pronounced since I have Pfadt the law once before myself (but I lost).

Oh, and I'm in Hawaii. You can come and check my install this winter!

P.S. I currently do have the Hurst shifter.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
I am a mechanical engineer that can appreciate the work required on a component like this. I also happen to drive my car extremely hard on the street and track. While doing so I scrutinize the performance and quality of just about every component on the vehicle. Both my Camaro and Corvette have seen multiple component iterations based on product performance, quality, durability, data collection,etc. I have used multiple shifters on my Corvette and ended up with MGW for several reasons. I currently run the MGW on the Camaro, as well, but would love to evaluate the Pfadt shifter and give you some credible feedback.

Last edited by thekid96; 07-20-2010 at 07:05 PM.
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Ahh dang, now theres a better v6 than mine salivating for one. Z you deserve it more than me for holding the 6 banner to such a high standard!
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
If your product is awesome, I will tell you.

If your product sucks, I will tell you to Uber-leicht my balls.

Ball-joints, that is . . .
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Because i Love you.......... long pause.........i guess that wont work.

I am an Electrical Engineer with some background in mechanical. I am the pickiest person you will ever find. Both me and my uncle will be installing it into my car. My uncle has been a mechanic over 30 years and he is just as picky as me.

Also i will tell you how it is. For example, i like that its super light weight but i dont like the shift knob. Can i put my stock shift knob or a MGW shift knob on it lol. I like the factory look.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
brjray

Drives: -
Alot of mechanical engineers here. I'm a Purdue ME. Where did you guys go?
brjray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
+1 on drive it like you stole it!!! LOL

I shift so hard that I broke my transmission at 5k miles (apparently)! (Gear key gave out on 2nd gear). I have a V6 M6 so maybe testing in a 6 would give some valuable feedback as far as the feel in the little brother transmission.

PM if interested in letting me give your awesome product a shot!
LOL! yea mine has developed a squeak!

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #14
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Looks like a nice unit !!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote