Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #15
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Thanks for taking the time to do this! Much appreciated!
Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #16
ss1letx

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
How many bottles of the Motul rbf600 did you need to flush your system?
ss1letx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #17
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
3 bottles are needed for a flush
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #18
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
First off, thanks for the write-up! I did this over the weekend and your guide helped!

It may be different on my 2015 1LE but I can't imagine it is. You don't want 3/8" ID tubing. You want 3/8" OD diameter tubing (1/4" ID)!

Also, be careful with keeping fluid in the brake/clutch reservoir. I thought it had fluid in it but the shape of the reservoir casts a shadow that made me think it had fluid in it and turned out it was empty. I don't think it had run dry very much so I filled it and continued bleeding. Seems ok now but I might take it into the dealer and have them do a complete flush with new fluid.

This was my first time ever bleeding brakes and it could have gone much smoother unfortunately. Next time will be much better though.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:16 PM   #19
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Great thread Sir. Well done.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #20
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
Has anyone done this and reused the original line clips. I'm not sure why I would need to replace them?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #21
Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Also, be careful with keeping fluid in the brake/clutch reservoir. I thought it had fluid in it but the shape of the reservoir casts a shadow that made me think it had fluid in it and turned out it was empty. I don't think it had run dry very much so I filled it and continued bleeding. Seems ok now
DO NOT LET THE RESERVOIR RUN DRY.

I bled my brakes again last night just to be extra sure since they seemed ok and now they're extremely spongy (almost foot to the floor bad), huge air pockets came out when I was bleeding them. The air from when I let it run dry before must not have made it to the brake lines until I bled again. Learning lessons the hard way...
Old 05-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #22
Trip

I took my car into the dealership, I threw in the towel on trying to fix my brakes myself, they flushed it completely including the ABS with DOT4. Only gone through about 12 bottles in the last 2 weeks! Should have bought Motul stock.

Anyway, now that it's all said and done, how should the brakes feel after the steel brakes lines installed. There should be a little give to pressing the brakes right? I press the pedal and it's pretty firm but there's a little give to push it further. That's normal right?

It's been so long since I know my brakes were good, I can't tell if there's an improvement or not from stock. I think I expected it to be totally solid, like when you press the brakes with the car off.

BTW, I paid $115 for the flush, supplied my own fluid.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:01 AM   #23
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
used this write up over the weekend to get my fluid flushed and lines installed, worked awesome! Only thing I can mention is I'm not so sure that the top-bolt on the body connection of the line is 1/2", at least not on all cars. mine was slightly bigger than the half inch wrench I was using. Just an FYI
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:58 AM   #24
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
First off - great write-up! Some of the sizes differ a bit, at least on ZL1. Using 11mm for the caliper bolt, for example.

That aside - question for the folks here... I got a little over-zealous with the first 10mm bolt that connects the retaining clip to the body and sheared the head off. I was much more careful with the others, but wondering if any of you fine folks know the best place to get a new one? Is it something I'd most likely find at home depot if I bring one of the others in to match? Or something I'd need to hit up an auto parts store for?
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:04 AM   #25
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
If you only have one jack and can only do one wheel at a time, do you still need to follow the bleeding order (RR, LF, LR, RF) or can you do them in any order? I'm assuming yes as I've never had an issue with other cars but they only had single piston brakes.

Also does anyone know why this order? For all the years I've worked on brakes, it's always been start with the one farthest from the master cylinder and work your way closer. Which means RR, LR, RF, LF.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #26
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
Nice. This will come in handy. Thanks!!
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:09 AM   #27
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
Going to try this on my next day off. Next question...has anyone used the Motive Power Bleeder for this? If so..PM me
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #28
MFIC

Drives: Black 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
If you only have one jack and can only do one wheel at a time, do you still need to follow the bleeding order (RR, LF, LR, RF) or can you do them in any order? I'm assuming yes as I've never had an issue with other cars but they only had single piston brakes.

Also does anyone know why this order? For all the years I've worked on brakes, it's always been start with the one farthest from the master cylinder and work your way closer. Which means RR, LR, RF, LF.
I would also like to know.
MFIC is offline   Reply With Quote