Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #57
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i might have another camaro & GTO coming, too
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #58
SynergySS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS Camaro
My wife and I are 70% sure we'll make it with our 2011 Synergy Green w/CGM stripes 2SS!
SynergySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #59
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergySS View Post
My wife and I are 70% sure we'll make it with our 2011 Synergy Green w/CGM stripes 2SS!
Hope you do come. Yours is only the 2nd Synergy Green thats posted and Mrvnmartian was a maybe. 70% is pretty good. Hope to see you there.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #60
luminav8
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS/RS
My maybe has changed to a yes. Everything is getting installed the week before this.
luminav8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #61
Scrmin' Mimi
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: RJTw/"Tusks"(2SS/RS LS3)&Avalanche
Yeah! Another definate RJT! We've been outnumbered for so long!!

Tusk is keeping tally on the colors, so we are still looking for an IBM and SIM. Any leads?
Numbers are increasing, we are at 30 with 6 of those being 'maybes'. acatlover is checking out the track schedule for those of you who want to hit that later in the day. Sounds like we WILL be "Packing' the Pub"!! I'm so thrilled! :party0048:

(MrvnMartian, Don't forget to bring the Pu36 Explosive Space Modulator. LOL We are big B. Bunny fans. I wanted to name the car Gossamer, (remember Gossamer the big red monster?) but our ties to the Crimson Tide won out and we named it Tusk. It's also my husband's screen name.)

See y'all soon!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #62
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrmin' Mimi View Post
Yeah! Another definate RJT! We've been outnumbered for so long!!

Tusk is keeping tally on the colors, so we are still looking for an IBM and SIM. Any leads?
Numbers are increasing, we are at 30 with 6 of those being 'maybes'. acatlover is checking out the track schedule for those of you who want to hit that later in the day. Sounds like we WILL be "Packing' the Pub"!! I'm so thrilled! :party0048:

(MrvnMartian, Don't forget to bring the Pu36 Explosive Space Modulator. LOL We are big B. Bunny fans. I wanted to name the car Gossamer, (remember Gossamer the big red monster?) but our ties to the Crimson Tide won out and we named it Tusk. It's also my husband's screen name.)

See y'all soon!
I'll look for something, lol. Yeah I remember Gossamer. I loved the part of bugs doing his nails. lol
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #63
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i might have another camaro & GTO coming, too
the camaro's a SIM LT
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #64
SynergySS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS Camaro
Are we fending for ourselves for parking spaces in the O'Quigley's Pub/Best Buy/Sonic/Office Depot/PetSmart shopping center? Or will there be xx number of spots ropped/coned-off? If we tell the O'Quigley's Pub Manager and/or the Mall Management staff that we expect xx plus cars and the attention it will draw maybe they'll hep us by securing an area. Maybe the local Destin Chamber of Commerce or ??? would also want to know. Newspapers?
SynergySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #65
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Unfortunately no racing at Emerald Coast Dragway that weekend. They are having a 3-day bike event. :(

I will check a couple of other places to see if anything is going on.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #66
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
looks like it's going tobe a good turnout !!!! anyone looking for some lowering springs i have my H&R springs for sale. I would like to sell to someone here local !!!!!!

Last edited by orange10s.c.; 09-29-2010 at 08:11 PM.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #67
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
I'm a newbie but I'll be there with my white 2011 LT.

Rick...Crestview
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #68
Scrmin' Mimi
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergySS View Post
Are we fending for ourselves for parking spaces in the O'Quigley's Pub/Best Buy/Sonic/Office Depot/PetSmart shopping center? Or will there be xx number of spots ropped/coned-off? If we tell the O'Quigley's Pub Manager and/or the Mall Management staff that we expect xx plus cars and the attention it will draw maybe they'll hep us by securing an area. Maybe the local Destin Chamber of Commerce or ??? would also want to know. Newspapers?

All great questions... Sorry I did not explain more when we started the thread. Another blonde moment. :emoticon7:

On the 20th when I posted, I had taken the time that morning to go to O'Quig's and seek out the manager. It just so happened that I ended up approaching the President of O'Quigley's. He was extremely nice and placed us on the books for the back room. He asked for an estimated head count sometime the week before to have the manager check staffing and tables. He also said that we were welcome to use as much of the parking lot as we needed. They have orange cones that we are welcome to use or we can bring orange taping to mark off as many spaces as we need. He told me the parameters of his parking lot and that it was usually empty til about 10:45 a.m. or so. Any later and we will fight football fans. Tusk and I have plans to get out there early (like 8 o'clock) and mark off as many spaces as we need. We want to make sure that everyone has a space, that's why we've been keeping such a eye on the car count.

Tusk, the lil 'un, and I are gonna go have lunch there this weekend and speak to the manager to firm things up even further. Since this is turning out to be of good size, we want to have a good repoire with them and so that they are prepared for us.

On that note, we have checked the aerials of the parking lot and have made our plan for which sections to block off so that we can have some s p a c e between our vehicles.

As far as the publicity and all, it just so happens that October 20-23 is MotorFest 2010 here in Destin. They are billing it as 'Cruisin the Beach on the Emerald Coast'. They feature automobiles, motorcycles, watercraft and aircraft. They will be meeting at O'Quig's on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. and we will be there on Saturday so hopefully there should be no conflict in the parking lot. I'm still learning more about this since I just got wind of it a couple of days ago, so I'll keep you posted.

I'm still trying to catch the fire department across the street when they are not out on a call to see if they would help us with some photos.

Please ask any questions you have; we want this to be an exciting meet. If we don't have answers, we will try to find them. But remember, I have to clean the house sometime. haha (For those of you who don't know, I'm a stay at home wife and mom so cleaning is what I do most days. )

We are looking at close to 30 vehicles at the present time, so how many of you are in favor of seeking newspaper coverage of our meet?

Post up, my little chilluns.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #69
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
so i am going for sure. I wont race. But i do want to know what we plan to do for the day
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #70
Scrmin' Mimi
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW2011 View Post
I'm a newbie but I'll be there with my white 2011 LT.

Rick...Crestview

WELCOME!!! Glad to have you.