Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #43
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Hmm I never assumed you get the 20in. wheels also when you upgrade. I mean if you upgrade any other part of the car (cloth to leather seats, normal to Bose audio) you don't get those initial components in addition to the new items. But I guess you do with wheels.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #44
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
These wheels are NOT an upgrade. They ARE a dealer installed option.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #45
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

wow do they take classes on how to lie to customers. What a load of BS! Call gm and tell them what happened. Thos basterds probably put it on an LS and sold it
See they sell a great product, then totally screw you with customer service bullshit. See one of my posts about allignment. Said its made that way. I was born on a sunday, but not last sunday.

FAIL on GM again!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #46
cwo.kessler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I got both sets of wheels, btw on your car window sticker it should state both wheels. First in the RS package and then in the dealer installed option it has your 21's listed. What I'm getting at is if its in print you get both wheels! No court would deny that.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #47
SKERIS

Drives: Jewel Red 2SS RS A6
Got upgraded 21s and got the 20s when I purchased the car...Call GM!!!
SKERIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #48
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
I hope this works out for you OP. Your dealership is completely trying to rip you off. No such practice of "shipping the wheels back to the factory" exists. BOLD FACE LIE!

I would report the dealership to the BBB. Not only did my dealership give me my 20" stock wheels and tires, but they also delivered them to my house since I cannot fit them in my Camaro.

Worst case scenario... do like people do that have been burned by eBay auctions... Post the dealer info including the person you are speaking with, and their phone number. They will get flooded with calls and will have no choice but to cave under the pressure. Nothing like bad press to slap the stupidity out of a "stealership".

Best of luck.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #49
RLehner

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible
I got my Tires!

Gentlemen,
After all the help from you guys, I thought I would tell you that I have my tires. They were not sent to Iowa, imagine that!
It took me over 6 hours on the phone with GM, who I will say, is absolutely worthless. I think I was speaking with someone in India at first, until I threatened that if they do not do anything, I will go to the news media. I can't imagine how many people got screwed on this deal and don't know it. I also threatened them with a class action lawsuit, which someone should still do.
The funny thing is GM allows it to happen! Why do you think there are so many sets of these on Ebay!!!!
When I finally got to a Regional individual, she said she never heard of this issue before. I asked her for her email, so I could send her a link to this forum. You know what she said, we don't give out our email address, and we don't go to forums. Which by the way is complete BS, they watch everything.
Anyways, if there's anyone else that runs into this issue good luck!

Again thanks for the support, I did print this forum and gave it to the dealer!
There's strength in numbers!!!!!
RLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #50
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Make some calls, they owe you a set of wheels and rubber.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #51
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLehner View Post
Gentlemen,
After all the help from you guys, I thought I would tell you that I have my tires. They were not sent to Iowa, imagine that!
It took me over 6 hours on the phone with GM, who I will say, is absolutely worthless. I think I was speaking with someone in India at first, until I threatened that if they do not do anything, I will go to the news media. I can't imagine how many people got screwed on this deal and don't know it. I also threatened them with a class action lawsuit, which someone should still do.
The funny thing is GM allows it to happen! Why do you think there are so many sets of these on Ebay!!!!
When I finally got to a Regional individual, she said she never heard of this issue before. I asked her for her email, so I could send her a link to this forum. You know what she said, we don't give out our email address, and we don't go to forums. Which by the way is complete BS, they watch everything.

LOL, good deal! Glad it all worked out

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #52
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Gentlemen,

Glad it worked out for you.

Completely agree. The one time I tried to get help from GM customer service about 10 yrs ago, against a shady dealer, they were completely worthless. As a result, my next two new cars were Fords.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #53
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
This situation brings up an interesting issue concerning GM Certified Used vehicles. The GM Certified program is supposed to assure the buyer that they are receiving ALL original equipment (and that it's all in good working order). I bought a 2010 Camaro with the VZP 21" wheels/tires option. Build sheet shows both the RS and the VZP codes/wheels. If the original owner was entitled to both sets of wheels, then so is the GM Certified program buyer.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #54
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Hmm I never assumed you get the 20in. wheels also when you upgrade. I mean if you upgrade any other part of the car (cloth to leather seats, normal to Bose audio) you don't get those initial components in addition to the new items. But I guess you do with wheels.
it wasn't a upgrade....it was an additional option.....he paid for a ss, then the rs wheel options, then added a 4700$ 21 inch wheel option. If you took the car to a shop for new wheels, they give you the old ones back when they put on the new ones.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #55
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Any interest in selling the rs rims (assuming they are polished) and skins?
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #56
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Gentlemen,

First off, I am glad that things (through a lot of unnecessary BS) finally worked out for you. Second, truer words (in bold) have never been written, it seems they never have knowledge about anything, a lot of back and forth and in the end....nothing.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote