Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

Drives: 86 95 69 camaros 09 challenger
dealer got me wondering..

they are a pretty big chevy dealership here in middletown, and i went in asking if they got any more info on the camaros. acording to the one dealer they had no info at all about the car, no chips or anything. i said other dealerships were getting them and he gave me the deer in the headlight look..... but in the same breath told me i could order the car. but again within a minute told me they werent sure if they could fill all the pre orders... i asked how many were ordered thinking it was gonna be a crazy number... and he told me 6. ? huh? ok if they werent sure if the could fill 6 orders why in the hell would i wanna order from them? can any one tell me what you think is going on?
Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
It is well documented on here that all dealers are not created equal. You could try to speak with the general manager and see if that person is any more well informed. Trouble is many dealers don't even have all the information on the car that is available on here. Just from what you are saying, I would say that the dealer may already have 6 (or more) cars pre-ordered and they think based on the originally distributed allocation number that that is all the cars they are getting until 3Q. As I said, I would ask to speak with the GM at the dealership or look for another dealer that might be more well informed. You can look at the "MSRP or Less" thread to see if any of those are close to you.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodEwe View Post
they are a pretty big chevy dealership here in middletown, and i went in asking if they got any more info on the camaros. acording to the one dealer they had no info at all about the car, no chips or anything. i said other dealerships were getting them and he gave me the deer in the headlight look..... but in the same breath told me i could order the car. but again within a minute told me they werent sure if they could fill all the pre orders... i asked how many were ordered thinking it was gonna be a crazy number... and he told me 6. ? huh? ok if they werent sure if the could fill 6 orders why in the hell would i wanna order from them? can any one tell me what you think is going on?

sounds like you are just speaking to an uninformed salesman. I'd be happy to give you my dealer's info if you don't mind the drive down to putnam county. My salesman seems like she's pretty on the ball...she even mailed me the color-chips.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

eekkk so i think i get it ... you think they are gonna only like 2 or 3 cars maybe? nuts lol i was gonna go around to other dealerships and see what they had to say, im not comitted to this one. i figured cause they were like the biggest in orange county, they would know a little more.
powerfreak, that be cool, im not afraid of driving.. we were even gonna head to malcom conors in nj now THAT is a chevy dealership
Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodEwe View Post
eekkk so i think i get it ... you think they are gonna only like 2 or 3 cars maybe? nuts lol i was gonna go around to other dealerships and see what they had to say, im not comitted to this one. i figured cause they were like the biggest in orange county, they would know a little more.
powerfreak, that be cool, im not afraid of driving.. we were even gonna head to malcom conors in nj now THAT is a chevy dealership
There is a launch site that originally listed out allocations that each dealer was going to get through September 2009. That particular dealer might have had say 5 cars allocated to them and they took pre-orders for 6 cars. That means they were already over by 1 order. Now, since then, the allocation numbers were removed from the site and it was rumored that perhaps those numbers were being re-shuffled for various reasons (rumor only). So, bottom line in my mind is look for another dealer and preferably one that doesn't have more pre-orders than the original allocation number that was passed out.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

gotcha
Old 12-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Oh Boy!!

OK! Have to say this after reading yet another...